• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Multi-Gun @ New Bedford: 7/7/2012

The Action Pistol Committee of the Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford announces a schedule change. We're changing our July 7th (Saturday) match from IDPA to an outlaw style Multi-Gun match.

This will be a 4 stage match, each stage will require 2 guns to complete. You will use all three guns during the event. We've not designed stages yet so no projected round-count at this time. We will update this thread before the match with additional details with regards to projected minimum round-count.

Rules are loosely based on IMG Multi-Gun rules, adapted for our use at New Bedford and can be found here (subject to additional changes): http://rodgun-nb.org/ap/schedules/RGNB-MG-Rules.pdf

Divisions:
Open
Tactical – Optics
Tactical – Irons
Heavy Metal

Pre-registration required (contact Dave at [email protected]). We are only accepting 40 paid shooters, plus our crew. If you've not pre-registered, please do not show up on match day! Contact me at the above email and I will let you know where to send a check.

Match fee: $30
(Note: Match & Raffle combo package. Purchase $20 worth of raffle tickets to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project raffle for a steel ½ size IPSC practice target donated by MGM Target, and receive a reduced match fee to $20. So $40 gets you into the match and 3 tickets to the raffle - you save $10).

Participants will be expected to help out during the entire match (either help RO'ing, pre-loading, stage reset, etc). It takes a lot of effort to put one of these on - the more help we have, the smoother things will go.

Shooting start time 9:30am (shooters should arrive no later than 8:45am to obtain score sheets and get squaded).

Note: A multi-gun match is not a good one for a shooter new to action shooting to get started with. You should have participated in several pistol matches before attempting a multi-gun match (either IDPA or USPSA). While we at New Bedford encourage new shooters - this isn't the match for it.

Dave,

Awesome, thanks for taking on the challenge.
Already sent you an email!
As you know, I'm a new USPSA RO but long time IDPA SO and will help out anywhere needed.

Thanks,
David E.

No slugs needed for this one. Dispite it being only 4 stages, it should be 'a target rich environment'. Stages are being worked on now. I'll be posting the target count next week. Folks can figure out round count from that (depending on if you expect to use only one round to neutralize the target or if you'll need two).

Sounds good, thanks again Dave. I know you're not kidding about "target rich" either, I remember walking away from the the last rifle match with just a handful of rounds left! [laugh]

I'll probably pick up some more birdshot just to be on the safe side. Can't wait!

Correction to correction: Dave says no slugs and shot on the same stage because somebody might shoot a shot target with a slug, so no slugs per match director.

Correction to correction: Dave says no slugs and shot on the same stage because somebody might shoot a shot target with a slug, so no slugs per match director.
I can understand you don't want to mix birdshots/slugs on the same stage, but will you have different stages where slugs is allowed on one and birdshots on the other or will there be no slugs for the entire match?

Ahhh, youth, they think they know soooo much!

If anyone here knows that I am quite comfortable admitting I don't know much about anything, and am willing to ask a mil and a half questions, it is you and Gary. [wink]

Last edited:
I can understand you don't want to mix birdshots/slugs on the same stage, but will you have different stages where slugs is allowed on one and birdshots on the other or will there be no slugs for the entire match?

When we run the shotgun match in October, we will have a slug stage. But for this multi-gun match in July, no slugs this time. Birdshot is all you'll need this time around.

Stages still being worked on but here's a rough idea of target count. You will need to decide if you need one round or two to neutralize each of them.

Four stages, each stage using two guns.
Stage 1: Rifle/Shotgun
Stage 2: Rifle/Pistol
Stage 3: Shotgun/Pistol
Stage 4: Rifle/Pistol

Aprox target count (give or take a few)
Rifle: 55-60
Pistol: 50-ish
Shotgun: 30-35

If you expect to shoot two round per for rifle/pistol: figure a minimum round count of:
Rifle: 120
Pistol: 100
Shotgun: 35
Though you should always bring more - you might need more than you think :)

Back
Top Bottom