• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moving from Georgia to Massachusetts

Mini-14 = Minute of Mattress

Mark the move date back to GA on your calendar and look forward to it. I am curious what job would be worth moving in to MA for.
It's a job that pays well. At 60-plus years old, I was down-sized out and most don't want to hire people like me. The folks I work for seemed glad to benefit from my experience and made it worth my while. I can leave whenever I feel the need

LOL, listen to all the whiners! OK, 2A is a PITA here but there is so much you can do.

Welcome Ronso! You can have a good time here. I moved from Tennessee to central Mass about 8 years ago and am still having a great time. No, I won't retire here but until it's time to go back to TN or elsewhere I will be burning through a lot of ammo. Seems like the density of clubs is much higher than I have seen elsewhere, and there are plenty of matches to shoot no matter the discipline.
Did you join any local gun clubs ?
Looking for one. Leaning toward Westwood. Other suggestions?

Frankly, moving from Georgia to Massachusetts should make you a prohibited person. Only a completely insane person would move from Georgia to Massachusetts. Thus, your police chief should have negged you, because you are freaking nuts. GTFO now. Find another job, any job, so long as it is not in mASS.
I like you guys already!

LOL, listen to all the whiners! OK, 2A is a PITA here but there is so much you can do.

Welcome Ronso! You can have a good time here. I moved from Tennessee to central Mass about 8 years ago and am still having a great time. No, I won't retire here but until it's time to go back to TN or elsewhere I will be burning through a lot of ammo. Seems like the density of clubs is much higher than I have seen elsewhere, and there are plenty of matches to shoot no matter the discipline.
For some reason, I can't see my reply to this but, you're right. There are more clubs than I expected. Started looking at trap and skeet shotguns for when I DO join one.

Welcome to MA. Behind enemy lines.

Please join GOAL and COMM2A and help us fight the good fight. Be as active as you can. Lord knows we need all of the help that we can get!
Thank you. I plan to be active and will look into those two organizations. Already an NRA'er, and have been for some time.

I go to Dalton every year for two weeks to spend time with my buddy down there. Plan on moving somewhere down there in the next year. Sorry to hear you came this way, LOL.
Don't spread this around but north GA is a nice part of the world.

What do you think of that white crap that falls out of the sky and covers the ground?

Maybe that white crap is why he left Georgia... ;)

Atlanta:
georgia1.jpeg

Why not make the AR AWB compliant? Another upper would be cheaper than a mini 14.
I paid too much for an AR made by ex-Military Armorers that started a company in Dallas, GA called Head Down Products because I wanted to support their efforts. Anyway, it's a heavy rifle but an absolutely trouble-free tack driver. No way I'll desecrate my Provectus rifle for these dimwits

Georgia Peaches and Daisy Dukes.

Knew a girl once, in a lifetime far far away, that went by the name Georgia Peaches. Danced at The Traffic Light on Victory Drive down in Columbus. Real nice girl. lol

My behind is still burning over leaving my beautiful AR-15 with 6 30 round magazines back in GA with a friend and about 3,000 rounds of ammo. I'll move back within 5 years and we'll be reunited.
I have an AR15 left with me on the same basis 25+ years ago. As I would expect with your gun, it has safely cared for but the ammo left with it is long gone.

It's a job that pays well. At 60-plus years old, I was down-sized out and most don't want to hire people like me. The folks I work for seemed glad to benefit from my experience and made it worth my while. I can leave whenever I feel the need
Good to hear that.

Didn’t get the “memo?”
I never got any memo.

I paid too much for an AR made by ex-Military Armorers that started a company in Dallas, GA called Head Down Products because I wanted to support their efforts. Anyway, it's a heavy rifle but an absolutely trouble-free tack driver. No way I'll desecrate my Provectus rifle for these dimwits

I wouldn't call putting a different upper on it desecrating. I just figured it would have been cheaper than an entire new rifle.

It sucks that you have to pay so much to join gun clubs here but I'm glad to see that there are actual rifle ranges >100 yards.

There's plenty of gun clubs under $100 you just have to get outside of the foul 93/95 belt loop region. A lot of the shitty rules will go away
too. (pretty much every loop club has a huge set of garbage rules because they're overpopulated and oversubscribed).

-Mike

to the OP, ronso---ignore all the nay-sayers. you're here to make money. lotta big talkers telling you s**t you already know. i had an nes'r telling me i should quit my job and move because i couldn't carry on company property.

not wanting to start a public pissing contest, i PM'd him/her politely saying he/she didn't know my reasons for staying. a**hole told me to eff off. lotta keyboard talkers here that don't know squat about life. best of luck to you

Atlanta:
georgia1.jpeg

Honestly, anyone who's ever driven through Atlanta and knows how to drive in the snow would be so happy to see that. You could actually get where you want to go in a reasonable length of time!

Looking for one. Leaning toward Westwood. Other suggestions?

If you're in Walpole would be convenient, but they are over capacity with a waiting list, so get an application in.

Too bad you didn't post before actually moving. Someone please correct me if I am wrong..... the way I understood the past discussions here regarding moving into MA, you can bring anything you own with you at the time of the move, and don't have to register? But, once you move here, you can't go back and bring the items, without doing the FA10. So theoretically, would have just had to make the AR legal, with fixed stock, no flash hider, etc. for MA.

Atlanta:
georgia1.jpeg

Yup, that's Atlanta. But Georgia's about 59.5K square miles, (compared to Massachuett's of about 10.5K), and I'm almost 3 hours south of Atlanta. An hour to the west of us, they got five inches, but we got an inch of snow here - the first time it's snowed here in 27 years. My neighbors blamed us.

The state was shut down.

The state was shut down.

I travel a good bit for work and it always surprises me when a customer says we're closing for the day/week because of the snow and I look out and see a dusting that I would not even get out the shovel for, maybe a broom. Was in one southern state working in the DMV and heard the road test examiners say they were canceling road tests for the day, when I asked why, they said it was raining. I took my road test in white out conditions in a blizzard, I took my motorcycle test in pouring rain. I told them they needed to harden up. They pointed out that since there was no state car inspection every vehicle used in a road test had to pass a safety inspection first and it was really that they were not going to do that standing in the rain. I also noticed that pretty much everyone down south drives on tires that are well past the wear bars.

to the OP, ronso---ignore all the nay-sayers. you're here to make money. lotta big talkers telling you s**t you already know. i had an nes'r telling me i should quit my job and move because i couldn't carry on company property.

not wanting to start a public pissing contest, i PM'd him/her politely saying he/she didn't know my reasons for staying. a**hole told me to eff off. lotta keyboard talkers here that don't know squat about life. best of luck to you
Thanks. Like I told my kids when they were small, the morons are everywhere. I kind of feel bad for those poor, miserable souls. LOL

If you're in Walpole would be convenient, but they are over capacity with a waiting list, so get an application in.

Too bad you didn't post before actually moving. Someone please correct me if I am wrong..... the way I understood the past discussions here regarding moving into MA, you can bring anything you own with you at the time of the move, and don't have to register? But, once you move here, you can't go back and bring the items, without doing the FA10. So theoretically, would have just had to make the AR legal, with fixed stock, no flash hider, etc. for MA.
I believe that you are exactly right but I'll be moving back South and left the rifle with a very good friend rather than cut it up to satisfy the gun (safety) Nazis.

Back
Top Bottom