Moved to MA with stripped lowers after 7/20; is it illegal to transfer them FTF?

Like the title says, I recently moved to MA and brought several stripped AR lowers with me. I've applied to get an LTC, though odds are it'll be a long wait before I have it.

I was told that stripped lowers are not legally considered firearms under the definitions given by state law since they are incapable of firing, and thus can be transferred FTF without any paperwork even if one does not have an LTC yet - the buyer would just have to file an FA10 whenever they assemble it and it thus becomes capable of firing a round.

Is that information accurate? Would selling a stripped, never assembled lower you moved in with like that be illegal? Not in the best of financial situations at the moment, so being able to sell one or two now would be a big help.

Yes, I will gladly help you out and do a FTF, they are not registered in MA so we just need to do a bill of sale and if and when I make them into fully working firearms I will register them. PM me please and if your asking price is reasonable maybe we can do a deal

Harry

Hi Maura.

green_minion_8gb_waving_buynowcy-100134-1000x1000.jpg

Back
Top Bottom