• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mountain lion killed on I95 in CT

Nothing to see here, just a local tabby got out of the house.

Ok, this is the internet. We have cats, where's the bacon?
Found it! Same tabby was hanging with Wilbur here....guess they both got into the same feed barn
2_61_052507_MonsterPig1.jpg

BUT, BUT ,BUT the DEP in Connecticut, and Mass for that matter, say that the mountian lion is extinct in New England.

Bob

well, that was the last one, now it is extinct.

“The confirmation of a wild mountain lion in our state was the first recorded in more than 100 years,” Esty said. “This is the first evidence of a mountain lion making its way to Connecticut from western states and there is still no evidence indicating that there is a native population of mountain lions in Connecticut.”

~MUST DEFLECT~ Move along nothing to see, this one just jumped on a Greyhound and then took the Peter Pan bus line to Sturbridge and hitched in a VW microbus down to CT. There are no lions in CT. (How was that?)

i saw one last summer in lebanon ct. i was jogging down the road, wooded area (owned by my family) on both sides. i looked up and saw a big cat on my side of the street walking towards me about 50-60 yards away. i stopped and watched it for about 5 seconds as it walked towards me, it then noticed me, walked perfectly broadside to me across the road and into the woods and was gone. i couldn't believe my eyes but i 100% know what i saw. pretty cool.

i saw one last summer in lebanon ct. i was jogging down the road, wooded area (owned by my family) on both sides. i looked up and saw a big cat on my side of the street walking towards me about 50-60 yards away. i stopped and watched it for about 5 seconds as it walked towards me, it then noticed me, walked perfectly broadside to me across the road and into the woods and was gone. i couldn't believe my eyes but i 100% know what i saw. pretty cool.

No you didn't. [wink]

Just ask Wildlife expert Esty.

My uncle's got a plot of woods up in Becket that he was going to build on until moving to Texas. When we were in the process of clearing, we came across more than one set of big kitty tracks.

~MUST DEFLECT~ Move along nothing to see, this one just jumped on a Greyhound and then took the Peter Pan bus line to Sturbridge and hitched in a VW microbus down to CT. There are no lions in CT. (How was that?)

You have got to be kidding. Everyone knows that mountain lions travel on Fung Wa.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

It is amazing that in a country where we can track a cow from birth to the dinner table and a mountian lion accross the country using DNA that we cant seem to find the millions of illegal aliens in this country. [/sarcasm]

I mean really. WTF

Bob

It is amazing that in a country where we can track a cow from birth to the dinner table and a mountian lion accross the country using DNA that we cant seem to find the millions of illegal aliens in this country. [/sarcasm]

I mean really. WTF

Bob
Well, if we were allowed to dart illegals, tag their ears, place subcutaneous transponder chips between their shoulder blades, and collar them with GPS trackers...

Back
Top Bottom