Motel owner shot to death in argument over $10 pool pass

What kind of cr@phole operation charges a one month guest a pool fee? Stupidity met impulsiveness and everybody lost.
Hard to disagree on the face of it, but I am ASSUMING that the perp was a welfare resident, courtesy of the state, probably discounted rate, and a huge pita. This is just my assumption based on very limited facts. As it turns out, he should have let Alvin use the pool....

A POOL PASS (sorry - I don't do editing)

552ec231-8ecd-4f35-934e-797ca91340b6_text.gif

nickle and diming customers, sounds like the owner was trying to squeeze all he could too. FUBAR, comrades.

Many, many low to mid tier motels are owned by South Asian immigrant controlled companies. This is their business model. Squeeze every penny from guest, vendor and employee. No one deserves to be murdered over $5 but when I saw the victim's last name I knew what was up. Someone else might have realized the potential danger and not dug their heels in but that was what his bosses had told him to do. Might have been Black on South Asian prejudice and vice versa going on here, too.

ETA: ...he and his partners had probably agreed...

Last edited:
Might have been Black on South Asian prejudice and vice versa going on here, too.
No info on that, but the "vice versa" would be consistent with the intransigence of the manager on the issue. FYI, the guy was part owner. His rules. If $5 is all they had, then he could not get more, but if he didn't want them in the pool, maybe the money wasn't the issue. If true, this would make the headlines doubly wrong since in that case the owner wasn't really denying them access to the pool over a matter of $5, and likewise he wasn't actually murdered over a matter of $5.

Some of you have assumed that the motel charged extra fees for use of the pool. I wouldn't make that assumption, just as I wouldn't assume that the accused was a registered guest of the motel.

In fact...

Back
Top Bottom