• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mosin Nagant Project

Redneck

NES Member
I am looking to start modernizing my Mosin Nagant 91/30. I was thinking of putting the ati synthetic stock on it, and then a bent bolt but I would like to hear from other members to see what ideas they can offer.

Thanks
Redneck

have you tried the ATI stock, for me (grip to trigger distance) with my short fingers made it a little hard to get to the trigger ?

No, I have not done anything to it yet, I was hoping a few people on here could give me some tips, ideas and maybe some alternative parts besides the basic ati stock

That particular stock has a lot of mixed reviews. There is another stock available for the Mosin but I can't think of the name off the top of my head at the moment.

Depending on whether you have a Russian or Fin rifle, it's likely somewhat accurate (though mine shoots high, as most do). Bending the bolt is a good mod since that will allow you to explore scope mount options. Getting some optics on there will surely help you reach out further and I plan on doing the same with my Mosin. Before I change anything I'm picking up reloading dies for the 7.62x54R round first though. I'm tired of running Russian surplus junk through it

EDIT: I think there is a Monte Carlo stock for it

Last edited:
I am very interested in finding out more about this other stock, hope you or someone else can find out the name. The rifle I have is Russian, like I said I am looking for more ideas and other part options.

Thanks!

I think Tapco is going to be producing a Mosin Timbersmith stock. I could be wrong but on a different forum when a rep from Tapco asked what we wanted to see next, there was a lot of reponses for a Mosin stock and it seemed well received.

I think Tapco is going to be producing a Mosin Timbersmith stock. I could be wrong but on a different forum when a rep from Tapco asked what we wanted to see next, there was a lot of reponses for a Mosin stock and it seemed well received.

I would love to see a series of thumb hole stocks, esp different colors, like OD, FDE, and many more

I sent my bolt in to him you can get a bolt body from him but the cost is more . I wouldent worry the guy was great to deal with and I got my bolt back not someone elses.

Here's My Tacticool Adulterated Mosin:

mosin.png

ATI Monte Carlo Comb Stock
Not bad for the money. Bought used on the forum. Mine might be a bit tweaked. the Barrel and stock do not run parallel to each other. Could be a defect, or could have been used/abused. Doesn't touch the barrell, and the barrel still free floats, so no complaints.

Bent Bolt (not sure by who, bought used off the forum)

Jmeck Scope mount :
http://www.jmeckscopemounts.com/

Its an unconventional mount, using a steel band under tension to keep the rail to the action. Seems to work pretty good. Allows for conventional scopes. I went with this because most of the other mounts replace the rear sights, and only allow pistol/scout style scopes.

Last edited:
Nice rifle, I like the scope mount you put the link to. Looks like from all the forum love on here that this baby will be looking sick by the end of the project!

Alright another question, say I went with the Monte Carlo stock, but it only comes in black and hunting camo, I wanna have it in Faded Dark Earth, what would be the best way to go about getting the best finish for it?

Duracoat it. Shoots easy and if you don't have an air compressor you can buy the aerosol kit. Link Here. I have the black monte carlo on mine but still have to put the scope mount kit and bolt knob on. Stock required no fitting and it works great. Cheap improvement over the wood stock.

krylon paints for plastic,,,,,touch up and change outs are easy

holy bubba on that tactical stock 240.00 ??? I think I would hunt down a nice Finn and scope it

Back
Top Bottom