Aero M5 Project - my version.

OK, figured i would share since this seems to be the fad lately. I was collecting parts for this in late 2020 and early 2021. At that time most this crap was on super long back orders. Last fall it was assembled. Working the kinks out this summer.

Aero M5 complete lower with Magpul PRS stock
Aero M5E1 Upper
Aero M5 Enhanced M-LOK Handguard Gen 2, Anodized Black, 15"
Radian Raptor SD charging handle
Radian Talon ambi safety
Wilson Combat, 20" Fluted Super Sniper Barrel
Wilson Combat Bolt Carrier Assembly, Nickel Boron
Superlative Arms Adjustable Bleed-Off Gas Block
Dead Air KeyMo Muzzle Brake
Triggertech adjustable flat trigger.
Nightforce 14x

Wilson combat sucks. Stripped bolt would not close on clymer tool 308 GO gauge. Wilson combats response was just shoot it. Rounds needed to be forced to chamber. Had a smith look at it, it did close on a forester gauge. So i tried to shoot it. Every shell would stick in the chamber, some you could mortar to remove, some needed a rod and a hammer. Swapped the barrel from the place of purchase - thing works good now. Seems a little under gassed or over sprung as i get an occasional stove pipe. Just put in the JP Silent Captured spring buffer kit. Need to test it but seems just a bit lighter than the spring i had.

1660746597397.png

All 5-shot groups, 100 yards. I pulled that low shot on the top right - however i may have had 3 shots in a single hole there. Got more of that ammo to further test.
1660746642926.png

Last edited:
bolt would not close on clymer tool 308 GO gauge ... So i tried to shoot it.
you`ve got some cojones to shoot a 308 gun that does not close on a GO one. i would not. :)

try 175 SMKs and 168 SMKs also. odd that bergers 189 did not work out. is it a 1:10 twist barrel?

lanbo`s still has usual and tipped 168 SMKs at $25.96

Last edited:
you`ve got some cojones to shoot a 308 gun that does not close on a GO one. i would not. :)

try 175 SMKs and 168 SMKs also. odd that bergers 189 did not work out. is it a 1:10 twist barrel?

185's are pretty heavy for a .308.

If the smith didn't OK it - i would not have. They had me convinced it was my gauge.
I still puckered - safety squints were engaged.

Yes 1:10 twist The feds were 175gr SMK I think those atomic were nosler. Who knows on the sig.

Had issues with my M5 upper as well. Removed an O-ring from the extractor and put in an adjustable gas block. Runs smooth with all Ammo now.

Nice job! [thumbsup] Let us know how that JP buffer works out.

Rifle was much more reliable with the JP silent captured spring buffer kit. I only had a single issue out of 100 rounds, a spent case and a new round tried to DP the chamber. With the factory spring i was getting a feed issue every 10 rounds or less.

on a side note, the factory spring was rather nails on chalkboard loud. This silent setup is damn quiet and smooth. Not a primary purchase reason for me but a welcomed side effect. I would use again, more so if purchased while on sale.

Rifle was much more reliable with the JP silent captured spring buffer kit. I only had a single issue out of 100 rounds, a spent case and a new round tried to DP the chamber. With the factory spring i was getting a feed issue every 10 rounds or less.

on a side note, the factory spring was rather nails on chalkboard loud. This silent setup is damn quiet and smooth. Not a primary purchase reason for me but a welcomed side effect. I would use again, more so if purchased while on sale.
Nice!

Back
Top Bottom