• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mosin cleaning/field kit

I have 3 mosins that I recently acquired and I wondered if it was a good idea to get one of those cleaning/field kits? They include a bolt tool/firing pin gauge, bore brush, muzzle protector, etc. Or are they are waste of money?

I have 3 mosins that I recently acquired and I wondered if it was a good idea to get one of those cleaning/field kits? They include a bolt tool/firing pin gauge, bore brush, muzzle protector, etc. Or are they are waste of money?

They're nice to have because it's an accessory that belongs with the rifle. Buy a real kit like an Otis if you don't already have one.

I have a handfull of the firing pin protrusion check/screwdriver take down tools and they're definitely good to have to check the firing pin depth.

If you PM me your address I'll send you one.

Not to go off topic, but in terms of Mosins is there a difference in value between the Arsenals? I had always thought a Tula was a bit less common because of the German invasion, but I was wondering if there was an established rule of thumb.

Back
Top Bottom