More Hogg nonsense

So, got a response from Vanguard:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Vanguard is not making any changes to our funds at this time. The majority of our funds are indexed products, which seek to track a target benchmark constructed by independent third parties. Vanguard follows, wherever possible, a full replication strategy (i.e., owning all stocks in the benchmark) in order to provide investment results that track the performance of the index as closely as possible. When full replication is impractical or too costly, we use an optimization strategy in which we hold a representative sampling of the benchmark in order to mirror its returns. We will continue to adhere to these strategies. As a fiduciary, Vanguard is required to manage our funds in the best interests of shareholders, and is obligated to maximize returns in order to help shareholders meet their financial goals. We appreciate that Vanguard’s 20 million clients hold a wide variety of humanitarian, religious, political, and ethical beliefs. As a result, Vanguard, along with many other mutual fund firms, has been called upon over the years to take actions against a wide range of companies. However, given the diversity of our client base, it would be exceedingly difficult to manage our clients’ funds effectively and efficiently while satisfying the personal beliefs of all of our clients. Our Investment Stewardship team engages with companies when there is a material risk to your long-term investment, which is why we are meeting with the leaders of gun manufacturers and distributors. We want to know how they will mitigate the risks associated with their products and the impact regulations or other actions will have on their long-term value. We believe that when a business poses a risk to society, it can also pose a risk to investors.
For more information on our approach to corporate governance and engagement, please visit our Investment Stewardship page on vanguard.com here: Investment Stewardship at Vanguard"

I guess it says they're not worrying about Mr H, but this one line is a little concerning. Who decides what is dangerous ?
"We believe that when a business poses a risk to society, it can also pose a risk to investors"

P

So, got a response from Vanguard:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Vanguard is not making any changes to our funds at this time. The majority of our funds are indexed products, which seek to track a target benchmark constructed by independent third parties. Vanguard follows, wherever possible, a full replication strategy (i.e., owning all stocks in the benchmark) in order to provide investment results that track the performance of the index as closely as possible. When full replication is impractical or too costly, we use an optimization strategy in which we hold a representative sampling of the benchmark in order to mirror its returns. We will continue to adhere to these strategies. As a fiduciary, Vanguard is required to manage our funds in the best interests of shareholders, and is obligated to maximize returns in order to help shareholders meet their financial goals. We appreciate that Vanguard’s 20 million clients hold a wide variety of humanitarian, religious, political, and ethical beliefs. As a result, Vanguard, along with many other mutual fund firms, has been called upon over the years to take actions against a wide range of companies. However, given the diversity of our client base, it would be exceedingly difficult to manage our clients’ funds effectively and efficiently while satisfying the personal beliefs of all of our clients. Our Investment Stewardship team engages with companies when there is a material risk to your long-term investment, which is why we are meeting with the leaders of gun manufacturers and distributors. We want to know how they will mitigate the risks associated with their products and the impact regulations or other actions will have on their long-term value. We believe that when a business poses a risk to society, it can also pose a risk to investors.
For more information on our approach to corporate governance and engagement, please visit our Investment Stewardship page on vanguard.com here: Investment Stewardship at Vanguard"

I guess it says they're not worrying about Mr H, but this one line is a little concerning. Who decides what is dangerous ?
"We believe that when a business poses a risk to society, it can also pose a risk to investors"

P

I take that as a "We reserve the judgement on when and how to dump these stocks on fiduciary terms if they tank due to legislation/negative fallout"

If the CEO of one of the manufacturers started spouting off and causing a media stir then I wouldn't expect Vanguard to stand by them. Also, if people went after the indexes to drop the manufacturers I wouldn't expect Vanguard to keep their stock if they got dropped from an index.

Today @lauren_hoggs and I are announcing our book #NeverAgain that tells the story of the foundation of this movement for those we lost. Lauren and I will be using the money made from the book to help heal the community. #NeverAgain out June 5th https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/599770/neveragain-by-david-hogg-and-lauren-hogg/ …

3:07 PM - Apr 18, 2018

NEVER AGAIN

The slogan of the Jewish Defense League.
The statement by Jews that never again will they be victims of a holocaust.

And this little prick is using it as his slogan as part of his attack on the NRA - while attacking my right to bear arms.

I am beyond words.

Left.jpg Right.jpg

Maybe his new found celebrity status will be burdened with rapid self destruction , his too cool pompus attitude will bite him in the ass.

His 15 minutes are just about over

Somehow he saw his way to get an invite to the WHCD <shocked face> where he declared he had SIX (count em) SIX congressman that took a pledge not to take NRA money.
I assume they were six Dems who did not take NRA $ anyway. Wait... the NRA gives out money?

I can't believe that one of his "peers" haven't given him a " dope slap" yet . . . . Has high school really changed that much ? . . . .I mean this little turd is so obnoxious ,I would think one of his less than fawning contemporaries would auto adjust his "roll" ? Okay, I'm old school.

Aren't ghostwriters awesome? Bet they had this ready to go, just have to edit in some of his own personal comments and get him to say a few scripted lines on CNN.

The time from slush to ediors desk is over a year almost everywhere. And penguin doesn't accept unsolicited works. This was pre approved .Pre written and pre edited ready to fire with a loaded shief.

Hogg is making some kind of announcement tomorrow. topped going on Twitter today. Probably making an announcement to run for a political office....

Parkland shooting survivors to reveal 'super big' surprise announcement

Parkland shooting survivors to reveal 'super big' surprise announcement

Parkland shooting survivors are getting ready to reveal a "super big" secret announcement Monday morning.

Though student leaders from the March For Our Lives movement have referred to the impromptu briefing online, they're remaining tight-lipped on what exactly they'll be unveiling.

The event will be held at 10 a.m. at the Parkland Amphitheater.

Read more here: Parkland shooting survivors to reveal 'super big' surprise announcement

Read more here: Parkland shooting survivors to reveal 'super big' surprise announcement

Back
Top Bottom