More gun laws = fewer deaths???

More gun laws = fewer deaths, 50-state study says - Yahoo! News

I was thinking how this goes against everything I have heard to date about gun death statistics and then I read where the data came from...

"The results are based on an analysis of 2007-2010 gun-related homicides and suicides from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The researchers also used data on gun control measures in all 50 states compiled by the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, a well-known gun control advocacy group."

Two of the most anti gun agenda driven entities. This seems to be a common tactic these days. Say anything and skew the numbers because who really reads or questions anything anymore? certainly not "Joe Pubic" right?

Read the conclusions. The study is exceptionally weak and uninteresting. Like many papers I see, this falls under the "why did this get published" category.

If you submitted an article to a top tier journal, describing the correlation between NRA gun law ratings and "gun death" rates, it would be a guaranteed rejection for lack of face validity. Yet the editors give a pass for the unvalidated Brady rankings.

Boston.com had the story for a few hours last night. Would you expect anything different from a physician-sponsored study on guns? Can you imagine the outcry if the NRA published its own study?

Let me stack a panel with people i see fit, and we can reach a conclusion about anything............

Well you see given evidence, it shows that liberals possess a smaller brain than conservatives, also new evidence shows that Bigfoot married the Lock Ness Monster on a bet of $3.50 and their offspring is now married to the president of the United States, those studies dont mean **** especially when done by someone who is bias

phhhttttttttt! If I was drinking milk it would have come out my nose.

Let us count the ways this so-called study is fatally flawed. To start, the so-called "source data" comes from the Brady Campaign who "aggregated" it. Forget all the other stuff that would make any serious graduate student fail the course.

This just in.....dateline

A survey of only people who all hate guns resulted in a conclusionn that four out of five people who hate guns say guns are bad; and, that the other 20% didn't understand the question correctly and answered "poooopy".

There you go. Another equallly credible news headline you can run with.

Back
Top Bottom