More anti-gun comments from deputy fire chief

I try hard to keep FB to a minimum this time of year. I actually shut one guy's feed off. He thinks the reason health insurance premiums are going up is because the corporations are trying to stick it to Obama. [rofl]

Another is pro-freedom, pro-whatever but anti-business and anti-school choice. His positions are just incongruent. Basically a lot of "this feeeeeeels good" sort of "logic."

I try hard to keep FB to a minimum this time of year. I actually shut one guy's feed off. He thinks the reason health insurance premiums are going up is because the corporations are trying to stick it to Obama. [rofl]

Another is pro-freedom, pro-whatever but anti-business and anti-school choice. His positions are just incongruent. Basically a lot of "this feeeeeeels good" sort of "logic."

WOW.

I just can't hold back because he's always running his mouth spewing BS everytime my friend posts something pro-gun. And I'm being stubborn as I don't want him to get the last word - so far that's working [laugh]

- - - Updated - - -

He must play the Firefighter in the Annual Village People reenactment.

[rofl] You may right....Just knowing I'm paying for his salary (which is rather large I'm sure) as a taxpayer is even more annoying.

The buy side of the transaction is already illegal. It's called "try and buy." Here's Ted Cruz asking if prosecuting this is a priority for the "justice" department. At around 1:10 Cruz states that in 2010, there were 48321 try and buys and the department prosecuted 44. If we make the sell side of the transaction illegal, will they prosecute more than 44?

Last edited by a moderator:
The buy side of the transaction is already illegal. It's called "try and buy." Here's Ted Cruz asking if prosecuting this is a priority for the "justice" department. At around 1:10 Cruz states that in 2010, there were 48321 try and buys and the department prosecuted 44. If we make the sell side of the transaction illegal, will they prosecute more than 44?

Good info here. Thanks, I'll be using this video to respond.

Last edited by a moderator:
So he doesn't understand a straw purchase is already illegal? If you're straw purchasing firearms, you already would pass a BC. That't literally the reason its called a straw purchase.

OMG okay I'll admit, my head is going numb reading his posts[crying]

View attachment 180708
View attachment 180709

Jesus ****ing Christ.... He really has no idea how it works in Massachusetts, does he? Or how it works in the rest of the country. Though he is sort of right: private face to face transfers are totally legal, even here in Mass. Though no NICS check has to be done, they still have to be in-state transfers between residents of the same state. It's illegal to knowingly do a private sale to a resident of a different state, which completely negates the whole "gun show loophole" bullshit. That's the law, not a loophole. It was specifically written that way because the Interstate Commerce Clause and the 2nd Amendment prevent the feds from ****ing around there. Damn pesky constitution!

Jesus ****ing Christ.... He really has no idea how it works in Massachusetts, does he? Or how it works in the rest of the country. Though he is sort of right: private face to face transfers are totally legal, even here in Mass. Though no NICS check has to be done, they still have to be in-state transfers between residents of the same state. It's illegal to knowingly do a private sale to a resident of a different state, which completely negates the whole "gun show loophole" bullshit. That's the law, not a loophole. It was specifically written that way because the Interstate Commerce Clause and the 2nd Amendment prevent the feds from ****ing around there. Damn pesky constitution!

His argument is that in other states, people can buy/sell guns privately without conducting a BC. Obviously here in MA we have LTC's which are proof of a BC. But like I keep telling him, how the f*** will mandatory BCs stop thugs on the street from buying/selling guns?!? As if they GAF about doing a BC on their buyers lol.

Now he's spouting off gun registration lmao.

OMG okay I'll admit, my head is going numb reading his posts[crying]

View attachment 180708
View attachment 180709

You need to drop the stats on him (ATF or FBI has these, if you do some digging) that show that the # of crime guns from shows is so small that it's not even worth talking about, as a gun source. Most crime guns get strawed from retail dealers (people openly committing federal felonies for other felons) and theft from otherwise lawful owners.

That said I think you're wasting your time, he's a delusional moonbat.

-Mike

You need to drop the stats on him (ATF or FBI has these, if you do some digging) that show that the # of crime guns from shows is so small that it's not even worth talking about, as a gun source. Most crime guns get strawed from retail dealers (people openly committing federal felonies for other felons) and theft from otherwise lawful owners.

-Mike

Yeah I'm trying to find some stats to drop on his moonbat face. But yes I'm starting to get a headache from reading this crap [laugh]

His argument is that in other states, people can buy/sell guns privately without conducting a BC. Obviously here in MA we have LTC's which are proof of a BC. But like I keep telling him, how the f*** will mandatory BCs stop thugs on the street from buying/selling guns?!? As if they GAF about doing a BC on their buyers lol.

On top of that who is going to even prosecute? If you look at the number of prosecutions by the ATF for attempted purchase and denial, they literally only do a handful a year. It can't be due to lack of manpower, because we see them out there kicking in people's doors every ****ing day.

Send him a link to the thread. I've seen some dumb stuff posted on FB before, but this is award winning stupidity/ignorance.

-Mike

Agreed, delusional moonbat. Heck, he even said in the first set of screenshots posted that he's limited in the number of cars he could buy each year while he could buy unlimited guns. Last I checked, there were no car purchase limits other than size of bank account which is what stops me purchasing unlimited guns each year.

When you get tired of beating your head against this wall, here's the easy way to make his head explode. Just post this:

"There are about 30,000 deaths by firearms in this country every year between criminal activity, suicide, and accident. 30,000 is an insignificant statistical drop in the bucket of the American population. I think that's an acceptable risk/loss to continue living in a society that values and protects freedom and personal self-determination. None of these deaths are caused by me so they're not my concern and my liberties shouldn't be reduced because of them or anyone wringing their hands over them, so quit your whining."

Yes, it's a deliberately extreme statement calculated to make him rage-quit the FB discussion by 'proving' to him that you're the callous monster he's always known you to be since he first learned you liked guns. ;)

Alternately, you could go ultra-liberal on him yourself. Tell him how much is continued micro-aggressions of equating gun owners like you with violent criminals is causing you mental distress and that he really should be ashamed of his judgemental bigoted attitude and stereotyping of gun owners, much less vilifying so-called "criminals" who are simply the broken victims of their social/economic environment.

Just some options....

Send him a link to the thread. I've seen some dumb stuff posted on FB before, but this is award winning stupidity/ignorance.

I'd love to but I feel like that wouldn't go over well...But yeah he is insanely ignorant. And he is so cocky/confident that he is right which just adds to his stupidity.

On top of that who is going to even prosecute? If you look at the number of prosecutions by the ATF for attempted purchase and denial, they literally only do a handful a year. It can't be due to lack of manpower, because we see them out there kicking in people's doors every ****ing day.

The fun thing is that while some crime guns come from private sales, that too, is a minority, compared to "straws at retail" .

-Mike

Can this dude even put out fires?

I highly doubt it. He was the fire chief until they made him step down from that position due to some memorial day parade protest - can't remember what happened exactly, I'd have to look it up.

I am still not ok with the "terrorists hijacked planes so we made it more difficult to travel". I disagree with this moonbat at a much baser level of freedom than simple bg checks.

I really tried to read it but the amount of stupidity is breathtaking. I just had a similar argument on FB with some wacadoo school teacher from CA who somehow ended up on my feed.

Back
Top Bottom