More anti-gun comments from deputy fire chief

DW357

NES Member
I know I know, why do I even bother arguing with people on Facebook. I can't help it, especially when it comes from a heavily misinformed local deputy fire chief. Also bored to death at work so I have the time/patience to argue [laugh]. But it is amazing how dumb people are and how obsessive people are with Kilary and AG Healey - WOW.

Anyway, a friend of mine posted about the bill that Bruce Tarr filed over the summer in response to the AG's bull**** and that opened up a big facebook debate with the deputy fire chief.

Here are the highlights (I'm Andrew and Steve is the deputy fire chief in case you had any doubts[laugh]):
View attachment 180678
View attachment 180686
View attachment 180680
View attachment 180681
View attachment 180684
View attachment 180683

Last edited:
I know I know, why do I even bother arguing with people on Facebook. I can't help it, especially when it comes from a heavily misinformed local deputy fire chief. Also bored to death at work so I have the time/patience to argue [laugh]. But it is amazing how dumb people are and how obsessive people are with Kilary and AG Healey - WOW.

Anyway, a friend of mine posted about the bill that Bruce Tarr filed over the summer in response to the AG's bull**** and that opened up a big facebook debate with the deputy fire chief.

Here are the highlights (I'm Andrew and Steve is the deputy fire chief in case you had any doubts[laugh]):
View attachment 180678
View attachment 180686
View attachment 180680
View attachment 180681
View attachment 180684
View attachment 180683

Wait, he thinks Ronald Reagan passed the MA AWB?

Its funny that every single FF I have ever known was a somewhat Conservative leaning individual, former Military and gun owners yet they always end up supporting Ds, **** them I will never give another dime to the IAFF or any FF charity until the members get their leaders to more accurately represent the collective. This Steve douche can EABOD. other than that their all Heroes ...HEROES.

Yeah I don't even know where to begin with this guy. It makes me want to [puke]seeing how much he supports Healey and Kilary. What a joke.

I couldn't get past the first screen shot where the guy asks "Where do you think 'criminals' buy their illegal guns...?"

I nearly screamed: "The ATF!" followed by: "Or they steal them, not buy them!"

I couldn't get past the first screen shot where the guy asks "Where do you think 'criminals' buy their illegal guns...?"

I nearly screamed: "The ATF!" followed by: "Or they steal them, not buy them!"

Yes I should probably put up a disclaimer to mention that your head will explode after reading the posts...

Its funny that every single FF I have ever known was a somewhat Conservative leaning individual, former Military and gun owners yet they always end up supporting Ds, **** them I will never give another dime to the IAFF or any FF charity until the members get their leaders to more accurately represent the collective. This Steve douche can EABOD. other than that their all Heroes ...HEROES.

Most of the FFs I know are the same as us on NES. I think this Steve Aiello is part of the brass and leans whichever way his masters tell him to lean.

Most of the FFs I know are the same as us on NES. I think this Steve Aiello is part of the brass and leans whichever way his masters tell him to lean.

Yup. He is a big time sheep that thinks the government knows what's best...

Lol. I'm not sure what he means. He may be referring to Reagans support of the 1994 federal AWB and Brady Bill etc?

It appears that the FF was referring to the FOPA that was signed by Reagan in 1986. That's when the issue of the Hughes Amendment came up to ban all "machine guns" not already registered. Rep. Charlie Rangel pulled the early morning crap when discussing the amendment and stated that the amendment passed above the objection of other reps that wanted Rangel to conduct a recorded voice count, but he refused, and just rammed the Hughes amendment down our throats.

It's possible that Reagan supported the 1994 AWB, but by then he was in and out of reality because he was suffering from Alzheimer's disease.

Last edited:
It appears that the FF was referring to the FOPA that was signed by Reagan in 1986. That's when the issue of the Hughes Amendment came up to ban all "machine guns" not already registered. Rep. Charlie Rangel pulled the early morning crap when discussing the amendment and stated that the amendment passed above the objection of other reps that wanted Rangel to conduct a recorded voice count, but he refused, and just rammed the Hughes amendment down our throats.

Because, to see what is in a Bill, one must pass it first. What could go wrong.

Because I can't ******* stand this guy and I have plenty of time this morning[laugh]

As long as you're having fun with it. I see some pretty nasty arguments online (specifically trending topics on Facebook) and wonder why people are so worked up.

Lol, I should.

So the core of his argument is that we need to make an act that is illegal MORE ILLEGAL? That will solve a non-existant problem?

You might mention the percentage that 30,000 gun deaths represents in the population. It is like crying about 150 toddlers being killed a year out of 320,000,000 people. In a similar vein, people get so worked up about mass shootings and are so afraid they will be shot at the mall yet between 2000-2013, there were 160 active shooters who collectively killed and wounded 1,043 people in 13 years. Seriously, think about the statistical probability of those numbers.

They are trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist because of fear and hurt emotions. Eff them: Don't live in fear.

ETA Just in case anyone doubts my math, it comes from the FBI: https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/active-shooter-study-2000-2013-1.pdf

Last edited:
So the core of his argument is that we need to make an act that is illegal MORE ILLEGAL? That will solve a non-existant problem?

You might mention the percentage that 30,000 gun deaths represents in the population. It is like crying about 150 toddlers being killed a year out of 320,000,000 people. In a similar vein, people get so worked up about mass shootings and are so afraid they will be shot at the mall yet between 2000-2013, there were 160 active shooters who collectively killed 1,043 people in 13 years. Seriously, think about the statistical probability of those numbers.

They are trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist because of fear and hurt emotions. Eff them: Don't live in fear.

Yes, that is exactly his argument. I specifically asked him what the solution might be and he responded with, stop these (illegal) sales. So yes make it extra illegal and that will prevent criminals from acquiring guns...

The simple fact that 'straw purchases' happen, kills his whole UBC/"loophole" argument. Since the purchasers buying the guns for the felons are able to pass a check...that's why they're the ones buying the guns to begin with. Oh, and that's already illegal. Asshats gonna asshat. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom