Modern Production M37 Ithacas

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
Ive not ordered or bought a new Ithaca. I have handled the new ones and they are quality, like the old ones, but probably made on better and more precise tooling. However, you pay for it with guns running around 800-1K dollars. Which is a tough sell for a pump.

Their sticking point is that there are still a shit ton of usable used guns out there. I have like 4 of them made in the 50's-70's range. Best pump ever made IMHO. BPS is an upgrade on the design, but you can run a 37 faster.

Its not that easy to find the Home Defense models or Deerslayers for older guns as less were sold than the 37 Featherweights. What a lot of people do is buy the older Featherweight with a longer barrel and cut it down, and refinish it however they want it. You can do that for a lot less money than a new one. Especially if its the HD model your looking at.

If its an 8 shot you need, you'd have to buy new, those are very rare and unlikely to be found used.

Last edited:
Yes...pre 1973 or 74 I believe. All mine slam fire.

When I got mine I took the entire gun down to the last spring and pin to clean and inspect it. The mechanism that allows it to keep firing if you hold the trigger and shuck the slide is pretty neat. It's more like a sear on a full auto gun than a "slam fire" function.

When I got mine I took the entire gun down to the last spring and pin to clean and inspect it. The mechanism that allows it to keep firing if you hold the trigger and shuck the slide is pretty neat. It's more like a sear on a full auto gun than a "slam fire" function.

Yes its a rather cool setup.

I just bought my kid a 120 dollar 1953 model on C&R. 26" barrel with improved cyl. Great Pheasant gun. Might make a good slug gun. We shot some skeet with it last night and he loves it. We were going to refinish it, but he said No, he likes the original patina.

I'll show him how to take it all down, the action is pretty gummy. Still worked flawless tho for two rounds of skeet.

Back
Top Bottom