Min Reqs to be considered Law Enforcement

I'm learning about MA gun laws, and seeing exceptions for law enforcement and retired law enforcement. What are the minimum requirements to be considered LE? Can I have 17 rounds in my pistol if I work as a meter maid for a couple months?

here you go:

Security T-Shirts in Classic Black- Many Big and Tall Sizes Available

Let us know how it works out for you.

NOTE: the above suggestion is in the spirit of levity, and I am not now, and never have been, anything more official than a Notary Public, and that commission has lapsed.

But, really.....let us know how it works out for you.

here you go:

Security T-Shirts in Classic Black- Many Big and Tall Sizes Available

Let us know how it works out for you.

NOTE: the above suggestion is in the spirit of levity, and I am not now, and never have been, anything more official than a Notary Public, and that commission has lapsed.

But, really.....let us know how it works out for you.

Hey, I was issued that shirt, but in polo style. Got the same hat too. Wear it every Saturday on the job. I guess that gets me a 17 round mag, huh?

Don't worry NES. I got this.

You'll need:
Roids, Roid Rage, Low Self Esteem, Giant Ego, Jack Boots, Dog Vision, High School Diploma, have to have scored 4 touchdowns in Polk High championship game, more Roids, 24 hour gym membership, be unable to shoot, ex military, current military, be fat, be jacked, look like you're 12, or be too old, enjoy donuts, break all the laws you enforce, and wear a militarized baseball hat.

You'll need:
Roids, Roid Rage, Giant Ego, Jack Boots, High School Diploma, more Roids, 24 hour gym membership, be unable to shoot, ex military, current military, fat from useing the wrong roids, look like you're 12, or look like a gorilla or a monkey, enjoy donuts, break all the laws you enforce, and wear a militarized baseball hat.
Forgot bragging about talking ammo and guns ...

Sounds just like these two dumb assess I know . One was a co worker one was co workers friend.
Only hung out with them cause they dated strippers ...

Went to a gym once with them and walked home when they started doing roids in the car. Co worker gave me a lift home since car was in shop and invited me to the gym....

last time i went to a bar with them he drove with his MP lights flashing (was a MP at hanscom) speeding through Lowell . Then when I was getting my shit together at there place ,I walk out of the room they where pointing guns at this girl from Iraq I was seeing with her balling her eyes out scared shit less. I was gonna leave my car there and we where gonna get dropped off at her car(she doesn't drink)

I don't even know how I got home that night I was blind from rage and booze..

Kicker the gorilla is a cop near my work every time I see him doing road details I want to hit him.

I ****ing hate that juice monkey cop. So pissed now.

Back in the old days we didn't need 17 rounds.

Attachments

• 14261barneyfife-bullet.jpg
    14261barneyfife-bullet.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 40
Not those. He'll need the "Mall Ninja" black T-shirts. He better check with Minininjer to find out where to get them!

[rofl] [laugh] [laugh2]

Now seriously . . . you should soon be able to buy a Sgt. Joe Friday kit with the badge, ID and cuffs. Once you get those, you just take them to any cop shop and they'll be more than happy to sell you anything you want.

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

Cut me some slack - it was the first google hit!

[laugh]

An innate hatred of freedom in all its forms and a staggering ability to ignore common sense when "just enforcing the law."

That's about it.

Wow, lol! I was being a bit silly with the meter maid thing, but you guys took it to the next level, haha.

Think about it. A meter maid is the worst kind of gov lackey. When your job is to collect taxes for the use of things taxes paid for, while being paid with taxes, its pretty hard not to come to the conclusion you're a big government scumbag.

Wow, lol! I was being a bit silly with the meter maid thing, but you guys took it to the next level, haha.

I'll answer seriously, I suspect you would need to be a "sworn officer." Whatever level of participation in the Police Department that means may vary, but a sworn officer capable of obtaining a dept issued ID saying such...

Now, how you get there is another story, but my GUESS is that.

I'm learning about MA gun laws, and seeing exceptions for law enforcement and retired law enforcement. What are the minimum requirements to be considered LE? Can I have 17 rounds in my pistol if I work as a meter maid for a couple months?

Well since you are learning, I highly suggest you go green and continue to learn on here.

You don't need to be a law enforcement officer to carry 17 rounds in a magazine in MA -- your magazine just has to be pre-ban.

If you want to be a law enforcement officer, then start taking the exams and try to get yourself hired. Or join a reserve program.

But don't do that just because you think it is a wallhack around MA gun laws. You pay a very high price to be a law enforcement officer.

Last edited:
You doing need to be a law enforcement officer to carry 17 rounds in a magazine in MA -- your magazine just has to be pre-ban.

If you want to be a law enforcement officer, then start taking the exams and try to get yourself hired. Or join a reserve program.

But don't do that just because you think it is a wallhack around MA gun laws. You pay a very high price to be a law enforcement officer.

Yup, this would just be for a hack around MA gun laws. I was just curious more than anything. I'm pretty happy with my IT job, not looking to quit that anytime soon.

Agree on pre-ban point. Now if only I could get one for my M&P9...

edit - yes, I know the M&P is a newer gun that doesn't have pre-ban magazines.

Last edited:
Replace the M&P with a Glock 19. Problem solved with a lot less trouble than trying to get some sort of non-leo Leo status.

Currently IMNSHO (IANAL) I look at any LEO in MA buying/possessing any large capacity mags (post-ban) as a risky venture UNLESS they are owned/issued by your department.

Reason being that EOPS has "declared" that ownership is not legal even for LEOs, they must be department owned . . . and even then they have further declared that they MUST be left at the PD at the end of each shift! There are lawyers in EOPS that desperately want to prosecute LEOs in this matter. And I would never take a bet that a MA liberal, 2A-hating judge would rule fairly if a case were to be brought to court not even for a LEO who is clean as a whistle.

This is just me, but under current conditions, it is a risk that I would not be willing to take. In the past I felt differently about it, but nobody was chomping at the bit to prosecute LEOs back then. It might change again at some future time with a different administration, but this is the current situation.

BEFORE ANYONE STARTS:

- Do I agree with these interpretations? Hell NO!
- Do I think that they are even workable? Hell NO!
- Do I think that these interpretations were intended in the 1998 law? Hell NO!
- Do I think that there might be one DA out there willing to jack a cop up to make brownie points/get elected? Hell YES!!

Ask yourself if it is worth the risk for 2 or 7 additional rounds (assuming you are LE)?

YMMV

LenS - Wow, that's awful, good to know

M1911 - Hmm, does the same go for a Glock 21? I don't have a 45acp yet, and 13 + 1 rounds would be nice.

LenS - Wow, that's awful, good to know

M1911 - Hmm, does the same go for a Glock 21? I don't have a 45acp yet, and 13 + 1 rounds would be nice.

You can carry as many rounds as you want, provided you either carry 10 round (or less) magazines, or pre-ban standard capacity magazines. So, yes, if you can find pre-ban magazines for a Glock 21, you're good to guy.

That said, determining which Glock magazines are preban is not straightforward. http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...s/4944-ma-identifying-pre-ban-glock-mags.html

I hope you have great big hands, because the Glock 21 has a very large grip circumference.

and even then they have further declared that they MUST be left at the PD at the end of each shift!

Lens, do you know if they provided any explanation/solution for what officers who carry their duty piece off-duty are supposed to do, especially for a department (if there are any in MA?) that requires off-duty carry (like the NYPD)? I'm curious how far the interpretation of the exceptions in 131M ("the possession by a law enforcement officer for purposes of law enforcement") could be stretched to cover off-duty carry wrt departmental policies.

Lens, do you know if they provided any explanation/solution for what officers who carry their duty piece off-duty are supposed to do, especially for a department (if there are any in MA?) that requires off-duty carry (like the NYPD)? I'm curious how far the interpretation of the exceptions in 131M ("the possession by a law enforcement officer for purposes of law enforcement") could be stretched to cover off-duty carry wrt departmental policies.

You're looking for logic on their part, and that is your first mistake.

You'll need:
Roids, Roid Rage, Low Self Esteem, Giant Ego, Jack Boots, Dog Vision, High School Diploma, have to have scored 4 touchdowns in Polk High championship game, more Roids, 24 hour gym membership, be unable to shoot, ex military, current military, be fat, be jacked, look like you're 12, or be too old, enjoy donuts, break all the laws you enforce, and wear a militarized baseball hat.
dont forget if you have two or more ADs per year or shoot at least one other JBT in the ass during range time, you qualify for a selectfire weapon and tons of shit to hang on your tacticool vest.

No idea. Those in power have made it clear that they don't want officers carrying them off-duty. In fact in MA, many chiefs don't want their officers carrying anything off-duty. My chief issued a policy >20 years ago that made it very difficult for any officer to carry off-duty within the policy. I have the definite impression that if MCOPA could totally disarm all officer all the time (even on duty) they would do so. MCOPA has a huge hand in what gun pills get killed, what training is approved for LEOs, etc.

It's straight up BS is what it is... I had heard of this before from a Police Sgt I know. He also stated his Dept. would back him up and prove/testify blah blah blah that he's "always on duty" or "required to carry" or whatever needed if he got into heat over it

It's straight up BS is what it is... I had heard of this before from a Police Sgt I know. He also stated his Dept. would back him up and prove/testify blah blah blah that he's "always on duty" or "required to carry" or whatever needed if he got into heat over it

Not only is it BS, but I (and I think most/all officers) KNOW that the department/town will NOT back them up if anything goes sideways off-duty and it is real iffy even if it occurs on-duty! There is history here.

Back
Top Bottom