Milford father, son face gun, ammo charges

I've been waiting for a test case for this for awhile, as is, the law is completely unenforceable. Aside from obvious post ban mags like pmags and ones stamped with "le/mil only" everything is pretty much fair game until some DA decides to make you prove what you have is actually pre-ban. People always say its up to the state to prove they are post-ban, but we all know the extent these people will go to bring someone up on firearms charges.

When faced with huge legal bills to defend themselves, expect them to plea out on the charges and settle for PP status and a slap on the wrist.

Police said they found a man, later identified as Charles Nadeau, upstairs and without a weapon on him.

Police searched the home and found a 9 mm pistol on the floor of the bedroom closet and 50 rounds of ammunition for it, Falvey said. They also found five high-capacity magazines for an AR-15 or M-16, and they also found three high-capacity magazines for a pistol, two of which were filled with nearly 30 live rounds.

As police were searching the home, Nadeau’s son, Jason Nadeau, arrived in his car and asked what was going on. He told police he had a handgun in the center console of his car and a rifle at his house, Falvey said.

Read more: http://www.milforddailynews.com/new...ather-son-face-gun-ammo-charges#ixzz2Gv3cd800

Well we can rule out the kid let them in. So the Cops just walked in? Lol this will be thrown out. As noted many Failures here.

tonight could've gone very differently.

Yes, like tonight that guy could still be safe in his property and prosecution. I would have to imagine that if he were threatening someone, those charges would be at the top of the list.

And the witch hunts begin folks...

[sad2]

Someone I know was driving in Lawrence Yesterday. (not gun related) Cop has someone pulled over, he slows down goes as far left as he can without crossing the yellow line. Slows way down, as he passes the cop cop backs up and gets bumped by the van he was driving, cop doesn't fall down, he pulls over to make sure everything is ok. Cop arrests him for assault and battery with a deadly weapon. Luckily as he sat in handcuffs in at the LPD station another cop he knows helps him out and gets him off from which he did nothing wrong in the first place. I know it doesn't apply here but this is the world we live in.

I would imagine that any of the following would make a large impact:

Large, peaceably protesting crowds at the courthouse when they are charged/tried/etc.

Large, peaceably protesting crowds at the next town meeting, demanding the mayor/town council/whatever do something about the COP's policies.

Large, peaceably protesting crowds at the state house protesting for reformed laws.

Individual donations to the gentlemens' defense funds.

Individual donations to Comm2A so they can take on more cases/devote more resources to existing cases that are meant to fight such laws. Individual donations to Comm2A so that, if appropriate, they can help with cases like these.

Organize and/or contribute to fundraisers & membership drives for pro-2A organizations.

Letters to the editor/news channel/local politicians/etc pointing out how absurd this is. Get everyone you know to write similar letters.

None of that is meant as stonethrowing and none of those ideas are magic wands that would make this disappear, but those are examples of what could help.
Or just move ..... and partake in Un-peacful protests in the future

Someone I know was driving in Lawrence Yesterday. (not gun related) Cop has someone pulled over, he slows down goes as far left as he can without crossing the yellow line. Slows way down, as he passes the cop cop backs up and gets bumped by the van he was driving, cop doesn't fall down, he pulls over to make sure everything is ok. Cop arrests him for assault and battery with a deadly weapon. Luckily as he sat in handcuffs in at the LPD station another cop he knows helps him out and gets him off from which he did nothing wrong in the first place. I know it doesn't apply here but this is the world we live in.

Thank God for Dash cams. That would have been my request.

Can you point us to the FB posting? Perhaps we can comment the #hit out of it and get some national attention. If the situation amounts to illegal search and seizure, I would think the DA would just make it go away.

Last edited:
I am currently looking at properties in NH and TX. This is just the beginning IMHO.

So.... Can we find the addresses of political idiot leaders and go stand in front if their houses screaming "he might have a gun!!!" Tears running down our faces with Oscar worthy convincing shrieks, One at a time? I'm all in if anyone wants to do this w me. PM me. Seriously

Hopefully this guy STFU and his lawyer starts planing a lawsuit. "Guy with a gun" in his own house sounds like an illegal search. The son though, sounds like be screwed himself by talking.

So what happens if someone is inside their home at night, and someone walking by on the street glances up at the window and sees someone handling a gun inside? They can get all hysterical, call the cops, and the cops may or may not decide that the circumstances are exigent and enter the house without permission or a warrant if they do?

This seems to be overlooked "Milford Police received a call from a woman at 7:49 p.m. screaming that a man in the house had a gun. The call was then disconnected, police said." If the police get a 911 call and a hangup, they are coming in, probable cause I believe. It doesn't state that the call came from within the house, but if it did there is the excuse to enter

Too many missing pieces in this story. The improper storage charge for the father includes the phrase "near a minor". Sounds like there was a kid in the house. The son left his loaded gun in the car and then admitted it. Duh. The phrasing of some of the other charges sound weird. Maybe son only has FID or LTC-B? Is the father licensed? We need to hear more. Who was this woman who called? The wife/mother? Poor article that leaves more questions than answers.

Z
it seems in retrospect that Wayne LaPierre's stance to not bring up the high cap mag issue was wise.

now it is on the sheeps radar.

Last edited:
Itis the cops too, not just the pols. Anyone think these cops arent going to go along with confiscation? People are f'n naive.

I am currently looking at properties in NH and TX. This is just the beginning IMHO.

So.... Can we find the addresses of political idiot leaders and go stand in front if their houses screaming "he might have a gun!!!" Tears running down our faces with Oscar worthy convincing shrieks, One at a time? I'm all in if anyone wants to do this w me. PM me. Seriously

Yeah, why stay and fight when you can run?

But you believe the press report - cool.

Yes yes. You and others have been very clear in your disdain for everyone who doesn't live their life the way you believe it ought to be done.

There very well may be more to the story. But we SAW people get jerked around by the state. WE got jerked around by the state. Remember the guy north of Boston that got jammed up because people broke into his house and stole part of his collection? The fact that people can read this story and believe that it is possible says it all. Look at what they are being charged with - those shouldn't even BE crimes!

I have said it before. Kudos to those who choose to stay and fight. Condolences to those who are stuck for whatever reason.

I am glad you and others are so dedicated to staying and fighting. I hope you win.

I wasn't raised there. My move in was meant to be temporary. It went for a few years longer than I had planned but oh well. I am entitled to my pursuit of happiness. I am not obliged nor honor bound to move to places, find out I don't like them all that much, and then spend the next 50-60 years living there trying to make it something I DO like.

Back
Top Bottom