Midway/UPS deliveries

1903Collector

NES Member
Apparently UPS requires a signature or they won't leave a package from Midway...WTF. This isn't Midway's requirement, it's UPS requiring it because "guns" of course.

Is this new? Ive had a billion deliveries from Midway. Just the other day I had ammo delivered from another retailer by UPS which was waiting for me on the porch when I got home. Dont see why UPS would be ok with that while refusing to deliver a baseball cap from Midway without a sig.

Where you at?
In MA. I called UPS and the person told me that is was the drivers discretion which just pissed me off. Then I spoke
to someone at the Warwick service center and she told me it was UPS policy which pissed me off even more. Talking to these people is like talking to a f***ing robot.

its not a UPS policy, I too get plenty of packages from Midway with no signature required.

it's UPS requiring it because "guns" of course.
is the box rubber stamped "guns?" don't know a ups driver, current or past, who gives a rats ass whats in a package they deliver (unless they're thieves)
It's the drivers prerogative in many cases because if they leave it and it gets stolen they get held accountable for it.
since when? you think the teamsters would put up with this? i can't believe with all the packages getting boosted from off the front steps of folks homes the drivers are paying claims from their own pockets or at the least being written up.

I've had similar things happen with guns (C&R), but never with ammo.

In these cases, I don't have the option for them to hold it at the local Fedex/UPS location (which I prefer to trying to catch them at my door) unless they have already tried to deliver for 3 times and failed. Once they have failed home delivery, they will usually hold it at the local UPS center for a few days to give you a chance to come pick it up.

Get too many follow ups and they start following you.
in my defense, if packages are mis-delivered with regularity, well the driver should be harassed. it doesn't take a college education to deliver packages.

oh, I worked for ups in Chelmsford years ago, until I got a real job. talk about slavery!

changing the subject, i'm going through this now with a company contracted to deliver amazon prime. they're called abc delivery. I keep getting my neighbors stuff anytime they deliver. she's pretty prolific with the ordering so it's 2-3x/weekly. one of the drivers actually wanted to argue in my driveway he had the right address. anyone one else, ups, fedex, post gets it right. maybe cause they have established route guys.

Yes they do. I know because I was a driver in Lawrence for 4 years and still work in Chelmsford. If a package goes missing you have to do a follow-up. Get too many follow ups and they start following you. The harassment isn't worth it.

I’ve worked for UPS for over 20 years. What @Path-Finder said is 100% accurate. Your driver is protecting you, he, UPS, and Midway. If your packages aren’t being left it’s basically one of three reasons:

1. The driver isn’t certain you will get the package if he just leaves it and therefore won’t just leave it.

2. UPS requires that the package be signed for.

3. The shipper, in this case Midway, is requiring that the package be signed for.

in my defense, if packages are mis-delivered with regularity, well the driver should be harassed. it doesn't take a college education to deliver packages.

oh, I worked for ups in Chelmsford years ago, until I got a real job. talk about slavery!

changing the subject, i'm going through this now with a company contracted to deliver amazon prime. they're called abc delivery. I keep getting my neighbors stuff anytime they deliver. she's pretty prolific with the ordering so it's 2-3x/weekly. one of the drivers actually wanted to argue in my driveway he had the right address. anyone one else, ups, fedex, post gets it right. maybe cause they have established route guys.

Everything delivered by UPS gets GPS coordinates twice at the point of delivery. They know exactly where the packages were scanned and delivered. Drivers that work for UPS and misdeliver with any regularity don’t last long. The Teamsters can only protect employees to a degree.

Everything delivered by UPS gets GPS coordinates twice at the point of delivery
interesting. when I punch in my coordinates on my personal devices, my house doesn't come up, it goes right next door to my neighbors place. as I said, the route guys, ups, fedex & usps know my location. ups has always been the best by far.

interesting. when I punch in my coordinates on my personal devices, my house doesn't come up, it goes right next door to my neighbors place. as I said, the route guys, ups, fedex & usps know my location. ups has always been the best by far.
UPS’s system doesn’t quite work like your personal device. Latitude and Longitude for every package is automatically recorded in the delivery record as packages are delivered. If there is any question of where something is left this information can be pulled up and overlayed onto a map and used to help find a package.

UPS’s system doesn’t quite work like your personal device. Latitude and Longitude for every package is automatically recorded in the delivery record as packages are delivered. If there is any question of where something is left this information can be pulled up and overlayed onto a map and used to help find a package.
huh! good to know. maybe this is why i keep getting deliveries from abc. wondering if a call would help my dilemma?

Had a delivery for Glock parts from them last week
No issues

I had a large delivery of stuff from Midway which shall not be named. No signature was required and I even answered the door when the UPS guy dropped it off. All he did was joke that he didn't need to hit the gym that day.

USPS seems to have lost my Brownells package, though. I'm going to have to go yell at them on Monday it seems.

It's the drivers prerogative in many cases because if they leave it and it gets stolen they get held accountable for it. As long as you are not a no release address or live somewhere that isn't a multi family address then you should be able to sign the delivery notice for them to leave it. UPS shouldn't be requiring a signature that comes from the shipper. And yeah it's like talking to a robot because they are given corporate guidelines.
I’ve worked for UPS for over 20 years. What @Path-Finder said is 100% accurate. Your driver is protecting you, he, UPS, and Midway. If your packages aren’t being left it’s basically one of three reasons:

1. The driver isn’t certain you will get the package if he just leaves it and therefore won’t just leave it.

2. UPS requires that the package be signed for.

3. The shipper, in this case Midway, is requiring that the package be signed for.

Everything delivered by UPS gets GPS coordinates twice at the point of delivery. They know exactly where the packages were scanned and delivered. Drivers that work for UPS and misdeliver with any regularity don’t last long. The Teamsters can only protect employees to a degree.

Sorry, I don't buy the "he's protecting me BS. Was he protecting me when I had ammo delivered without a signature? or when I had shit from Brownell's delivered? Or the AR barrel I got delivered last month.

Again, this is not Midway requiring a signature, I called them and confirmed that. It's UPS saying "oh, it's from Midway, we need a signature". The only thing I can think of is that our regular driver wasn't working. Our usual driver is actually a gun owner and very pro 2A but even UPS was giving me conflicting info.

The real pisser in this is there wasn't one f***ing gun related thing in the order!

Sorry, I don't buy the "he's protecting me BS. Was he protecting me when I had ammo delivered without a signature? or when I had shit from Brownell's delivered? Or the AR barrel I got delivered last month.

Again, this is not Midway requiring a signature, I called them and confirmed that. It's UPS saying "oh, it's from Midway, we need a signature". The only thing I can think of is that our regular driver wasn't working. Our usual driver is actually a gun owner and very pro 2A but even UPS was giving me conflicting info.

The real pisser in this is there wasn't one f***ing gun related thing in the order!

I’m not going to try to get into the drivers head that didn’t leave your package. I don’t know why your specific package wasn’t left. If a package looks like it could contain something of value than a regular type delivery isn’t suppose to get left. This is particularly true of packages that may contain something of street value. Contrary to popular belief delivery drivers and thieves don’t actually know what’s in a package but shippers that advertise all over the outside of a box decide to do that for a reason. Packages do sometimes grow legs after they get left. Shippers are able to require that a package is left on the first attempt no matter what. There is a good reason that most shippers don’t utilize this option, they want the individual driver or UPS to use discretion in order to protect the merchandise that they’re shipping. I’ve dealt with my own deliveries not being left. I’d rather get what I’ve ordered a day or two later than not at all. UPS offers a service which allows you to authorize specific packages to be left at residential addresses. It’s called UPS My Choice. You may want to sign up for the service, it will definitely give you control and daily alerts of your future deliveries. Good luck!

I second the ups my choice registration. As soon as a label is created I get an email and text message. I have the option of releasing the delivery without a sig and can even check off a location for it to be left at. I also have usps informed delivery setup on my po box. This way I know when I have mail to grab at the box.

When I order wine mail-order, I am thankful that the various wine retailers use FedEx. FedEx can drop off your package at most Walgreen's for you to pick up later. Signature?? NP. Show my ID and I'm out the door the same day the package arrived.

Last Midway order was 6 months or so ago. No signature necessary.

Back
Top Bottom