• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MFS Ammo - is it Silver Bear?

I picked up some MFS 7.62x39 "zinc plated" ammo at a local shop today. I was going to get some more Tula and a guy there suggested I try the MFS instead so I went along with the suggestion. I'm new to this caliber so I thought I'd try it out. The box has very little info on it other than that it's imported by a company in FL. I suspect its Russian since inside the box the ammo is wrapped in plain brown paper, stapled at either end like some other Russian ammo I've got.

Anyone know anything about this ammo? Is it actually Silver Bear by any chance? Corrosive or not???

The ammo looks just like this:

478354.jpg

I think I read an article about that kid. I say kid because he was in his early twenties and figured out all of the hoops one had to jump through to get a .gov contract. I think he purchased some ammo as Russian only to find out it was Chinese. I believe he got bagged trying to re-package it (problems with the locals and box manufacturer or something). If anyone has a link to the article it was pretty interesting.

More on topic, it seems to be marginally better quality than Silver Bear. I compared some 7.62 Silver Bear to some .223 in this stuff (I cleaned out the last few boxes from one of the local stores since it was tax free weekend) and I would be happy to use either in any of my guns.

I think I read an article about that kid. I say kid because he was in his early twenties and figured out all of the hoops one had to jump through to get a .gov contract. I think he purchased some ammo as Russian only to find out it was Chinese. I believe he got bagged trying to re-package it (problems with the locals and box manufacturer or something). If anyone has a link to the article it was pretty interesting.

More on topic, it seems to be marginally better quality than Silver Bear. I compared some 7.62 Silver Bear to some .223 in this stuff (I cleaned out the last few boxes from one of the local stores since it was tax free weekend) and I would be happy to use either in any of my guns.

he was trying to buy ammo in Albania. he bought the ammo without checking it correctly and realized it was damaged and Chinese. He tried to unpack age all the ammo and sell it not wrapped or in a can but a person he pissed off in Albanian notified the .gov.

he was trying to buy ammo in Albania. he bought the ammo without checking it correctly and realized it was damaged and Chinese. He tried to unpack age all the ammo and sell it not wrapped or in a can but a person he pissed off in Albanian notified the .gov.

Rolling Stone did an "article" about the two jokers of AEY. I'm sure they embellished much of it, but even after the typical fluffing that they do over there, the dude sounds like a serious douche.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-stoner-arms-dealers-20110316

Back
Top Bottom