• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Message from the NRA

Massachusetts: URGENT: Governor Patrick’s Anti-Gun Bill Heads to Committee!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Please Contact the Members of the Committee Today!

Yesterday, the Governor's appropriations bill was assigned a number H.4971 and was referred to the House Committee on Ways & Means. As reported earlier this week, sections 24-27 will drastically increase certain firearm license fees.

Sections 24 & 25 will increase state licensed firearm dealer's fees from $100 for three years to $250. In addition, licensed dealers will be charged an additional $100 inspection fee per year during each of the three years. This proposed bill would turn a $100 three-year dealer's license into a $450 three-year license.

Section 26 would increase a resident License to Carry fee from $100 for six years to $200 for six years and Section 27 would increase a non-resident License to Carry fee from $100 for one year to $250 for one year.
Please contact the members of the House Committee on Ways & Means TODAY and respectfully request that he or she oppose any attempt to increase firearm license fees in the Governor's Appropriations Bill.

Take the time and send them an E-mail.

http://www.mass.gov/legis/comm/h34.htm

I called Rep Greene (Billerica) and he is a co sponser on the bill to strip that language out. The man i spoke with said they had gotten quite a few calls, emails, letters etc... about this.

It is good to see people mobilizing to protect our rights!!

email sent to both reps.

I am also sending Mr patrick one as well.. I know it will fall on deaf ears and it will just put another check mark next to my name on his list of "people to watch" but at this point, i dont give a shit... im tired of this moron stripping more stuff away and charging us more for it.

My Representative`s reply

Hi Robert:

Thank you for your email on this issue. I am aware of the Governor's proposal to increase the fees on gun owners. I certainly have some concerns over the rise of these fees, especially given the decline in hunting the state has seen over the past decade. I will certainly keep a close eye on this provision. I know several of my colleagues have similar concerns in the Senate.

It is important to note that this is a proposal by the Governor as part of a much larger piece of legislation. This bill will still need approval in both the House and the Senate. Your advocacy and voice is very important in this debate.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact my Chief of Staff, Jamie Hellen, at 617-722-1230.

Very truly yours,

Bob Antonioni

this is discouraging....

File not found

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

is this good or bad?

Not to get off topic, but can anyone remember the last time the NRA came to MA to actually fight for us here. I am a life time member of the NRA, but if I recall right, they did not do a whole lot when Chapter 180 was passed. I was working three jobs at the time, so maybe I was just out of the loop. But I can not remember them ever coming to this state and helping with the fight. I could be wrong though. Like I said sorry if I am off topic. Also contacted reps.

I live in Northfield. I dont see any Northfield on there nor do I see Franklin County.

Not quite sure who to email or call. I certainly did not vote for 90% of them being they are all democrats... [thinking]

NRA in MA? I saw my cousin a few years ago at a family reunion. When they announced she worked for the NRA in VA she got booed by about everyone but me. Bunch of Kennedy lovers. I don't like that side of the family. I did get a free membership that year =)

So being from New Hampshire and a Massachusetts Non-Resident Class A Unrestricted Permit holder, whom do I write to???

Not that any of them would care to hear from a non voting permit holder.

A hundred dolalrs a year is quite a high price to pay but better than going to jail. But $250 in just not right!!

A hundred dolalrs a year is quite a high price to pay but better than going to jail. But $250 in just not right!!

yeah no kidding.... thats just plain stupid money for a non resident. I guess I may be able to swallow it if it was every 6 years but 250 a year...?????? F**K You guys would be my responce... Jerks... [frown]

Back
Top Bottom