Mavrick 88 security?

They're a lower quality version of the Mossberg 500. Personally I'd go with a used Mossberg if money was an issue.

I went with the 88 when seeking out a home defense shottie because I prefer the crossbar safety, and it came with the stocks I wanted. A used Mossberg will run the same money as a new 88, so it's personal preference IMHO. There are some Mexican parts on the 88 if that bothers you, but it's assembled in Texas.

.I put 25 rounds threw it today. It shot great. Smooth Action, fast follow up shots. I think it was a good buy. Seems no different than any mossburg Iv had in the past, as far as feel and function (except the safty location).

Does anyone have one of these? Are they worth $280.00? What do ya think guys?

Thank you

I have one. $280? no, I picked mine up for $200 new from Riverview in Ct. 20" bbl regular stock & pistol grip. Its a simplified Mossy 500. I like it, but its a HD gun and mostly sits around not doing anything.

I have one. $280? no, I picked mine up for $200 new from Riverview in Ct. 20" bbl regular stock & pistol grip. Its a simplified Mossy 500. I like it, but its a HD gun and mostly sits around not doing anything.

You can get some accessories for it here:

http://www.maverick88.com/main.htm

It is not a bad home defense shotty.

Matt

You can get some accessories for it here:

http://www.maverick88.com/main.htm

It is not a bad home defense shotty.

Matt

I put an Elzetta light mount on it, with a Streamlight Polytac LED, and one of those elastic shell holders on the stock and called it a day. (Had a sling, but it just got in the way)

The light mount I really like because of the position of the light, no need to change my grip, just slightly move my thumb.

elz.jpg

How long ago did you puchase it?

The gun, or light & mount?

The gun..ummm...you know I cant remember exactly. I want to say about a year.

The light came sometime after, about the middle of last summer. Got both on Amazon for about $60-70.

Just double checked the website, $194.95 at the bottom of the Mossberg page. They went down $5. Riverview Sales, East Windsor Ct.

Wow thats cheap. I feel like I got a raw deal for $285 plus tax. I do think it is worth it, what a smooth action. I just got rid of an 870 express the action wasent half as smooth.

You'll be happy with it. I wouldn't call mine smooth, it does hang up a little when I rack it slowly. But at any kind of normal speed it's just fine. My 870 does feel better to me, but I prefer the 500 design for a HD roll. The 88 was my choice because it was cheaper, had a safety in a spot I liked, and I don't need some of the extras (like the ability to change the forend) because I never will.

Back
Top Bottom