Mattapoisett Police Chief Arrested For OUI

Howie Carr mentioned seeing a video of her faking two breathalyzer attempts and failing the FS test.
I cant find the vid. Looks like it may have been scrubbed.
He discussed its existence, but I can't swear he said he'd already seen it.
He might have, but I don't always listen with rapt attention.

in the 19 years and change I have been going to AA meetings I have yet to figure out what physical trait it is that identifies a person as an alcoholic.

Depends on how long they've been off the wagon. If they stop soon enough you'd never know, hardcore long term abusers, it can age them pretty hard. I know two female alkys that look 10+ years older than they actually are. It seems to hit women harder, for some reason. Where I work before covid they used to host meetings on Monday nights. I would see the women hanging out in the parking lot before the meeting started on my way out of the office. A lot of the middle aged women looked rough, to be polite. Glad they were getting help, though. AA has literally saved or at least help saved a few friends' lives.

Nah, drinking is simply part of the culture down here. If you get into an accident, it's pretty much over. But a simple DUI stop? Unless you try to compare wiener sizes with the cop, you'll probably be OK.
I had to drive a drunken sheriff from Fourchon to Houma, through that awful speed trap golden shower town....he was drinking bourbon the whole time and made me partake....just put his badge and gun on the dash (which slid from side to side) and said we were fine. I felt the gun on the dash was probably not necessary but he insisted....them coon asses down there are my kinda people!!

Also, Ron Jeremy’s brother lives in Grand Isle, according to ‘Ron Jeremy’s brother?’ I’m 70% sure he wasn’t lying....

This would be a much different post if she was facing vehicular homicide charges. Drunk drivers are a risk to everbody. No excuses....

looks like Mattapoisett is looking for a new Chief...

That's nice. Get bagged for an OUI, embarrass yourself and your department. Then get a nice parting gift on the way out.

If I get a OUI tomorrow, I'm fired on the spot. I wouldn't get an early retirement offer. Best case, get my job back in 3-6 months, if that was my first and only offense.

I know two female alkys that look 10+ years older than they actually are. It seems to hit women harder, for some reason.

Men age like a fine wine, women age like a fine dairy product.

The fact that alcohol can age you 10 years makes a man go from "handsome" to "distinguished" and - unfortunately - can make a woman go from "MILF" to "WTF".

That's nice. Get bagged for an OUI, embarrass yourself and your department. Then get a nice parting gift on the way out.

If I get a OUI tomorrow, I'm fired on the spot. I wouldn't get an early retirement offer. Best case, get my job back in 3-6 months, if that was my first and only offense.

Sometimes, it's best to just kick em to the curb.

It's not like teh city is out anything. Their retirement is backed by the state. The payments in have already been made. If she worked for XYZ Shipping, a small 75 person company with a savings plan, fired without pension would be VERY beneficial to the company. But with municipal pension backed by CharLIE, it's NBD to the town and gets the scandal off the front page faster.

We would have been f***ed in the ass without lube. This shemale will get a slap on the wrist and get her pension.

Just another cop drove into his neighbor's garage, because he forgot what his house look like. Nothing to see here
Great article... They want to keep the identity secret and say he/she but at the end of the article the neighbor says " I hope He's alright ". Whatever happened to editing?

Back to the original story....Chief of Police DUI

Not “guilty”

Not “guilty”
Another disgrace! And you wonder why people's faith in the justice system is the way it is? I wonder who some of her drinking buddies are?

Another disgrace! And you wonder why people's faith in the justice system is the way it is? I wonder who some of her drinking buddies are?
She was forced out of her job, fined, thousands in legal fees, not to mention the embarrassment. I honestly don't think she got off easy compared to Joe from the public. Probably harder if anything. This was an oui after 36 years of service. I'm not sure if there were priors but what are you looking for? The max 2.5 yrs in jail? Forfeiture of 2nd amendment for life?

She was forced out of her job, fined, thousands in legal fees, not to mention the embarrassment. I honestly don't think she got off easy compared to Joe from the public. Probably harder if anything. This was an oui after 36 years of service. I'm not sure if there were priors but what are you looking for? The max 2.5 yrs in jail? Forfeiture of 2nd amendment for life?
Pension forfeit, she resigned to keep it before the case went to trial. I'm not sure she would have been able to keep it if she was found guilty. I'm sure somebody in the business will be able to clarify. She should have known better after scraping up bodies off of Rte 6 and other areas in the town that resulted from alcohol abuse and getting behind the wheel.

Pension forfeit, she resigned to keep it before the case went to trial. I'm not sure she would have been able to keep it if she was found guilty. I'm sure somebody in the business will be able to clarify. She should have known better after scraping up bodies off of Rte 6 and other areas in the town that resulted from alcohol abuse and getting behind the wheel.
Why on Earth would she lose her pension?

Why on Earth would she lose her pension?
She should have been found guilty from what I read from the article. The whole things just smells rotten and that's just my opinion! All levels of law enforcement are suppose to be held to a higher standard and more and more, they are not, they are treated as the privileged class. Again, just my opinion.

She should have been found guilty from what I read from the article. The whole things just smells rotten and that's just my opinion! All levels of law enforcement are suppose to be held to a higher standard and more and more, they are not, they are treated as the privileged class. Again, just my opinion.
I don't think I know anyone personally that is convicted of an oui their first time. I think most rational people realize the max punishment is too severe and I honestly don't even think cops are eager to arrest ppl for this. Just my opinion is that if this was her first time she did not get any special treatment. She was forced out of her job and in the news which is more than would happen to many people. I think oui is a serious safety concern but the MA approach is so severe that it has become counter productive. Ppl pay their 10-15k lawyer bill or whatever and that's it. A first time oui with no injuries caused should not result in someone losing constitutional rights for life. If it was a misdemeanor with say 2 weeks in jail maybe offenders would just take the punishment and learn from it.

But on the pension issue it doesn't sound like her crime had anything to do with her duties. If you used poor judgement one night of your life that resulted in no one harmed do you think that you should lose your pension, or SS, or whatever your company contributed to your 401k? Not to mention you strip someones pension at this age after working the past 36 yrs into it your probably going to be funding her welfare, medicaid, section 8 etc etc now

I don't think I know anyone personally that is convicted of an oui their first time. I think most rational people realize the max punishment is too severe and I honestly don't even think cops are eager to arrest ppl for this. Just my opinion is that if this was her first time she did not get any special treatment. She was forced out of her job and in the news which is more than would happen to many people. I think oui is a serious safety concern but the MA approach is so severe that it has become counter productive. Ppl pay their 10-15k lawyer bill or whatever and that's it. A first time oui with no injuries caused should not result in someone losing constitutional rights for life. If it was a misdemeanor with say 2 weeks in jail maybe offenders would just take the punishment and learn from it.

But on the pension issue it doesn't sound like her crime had anything to do with her duties. If you used poor judgement one night of your life that resulted in no one harmed do you think that you should lose your pension, or SS, or whatever your company contributed to your 401k? Not to mention you strip someones pension at this age after working the past 36 yrs into it your probably going to be funding her welfare, medicaid, section 8 etc etc now
I'm sure we can debate the issue until the cow's come home. I think it's time to agree to disagree and move on.

Back to the original story....Chief of Police DUI
” Lorenco added that given the nature of Lyons’ arrest — she was not on-duty or using a police department vehicle at the time — he was not sure if the town would have the legal authority to strip her of her retirement benefits, even if they wanted to.”

She can get a new gig modeling.

Back
Top Bottom