• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mattapoisett Police Chief Arrested For OUI

I know of one civil servant (non law enforcement) who was fired and stripped of his pension (with 23+ years stellar service on the books) for a lesser offense than OUI and there was never any criminal conviction. It was a politically driven, vengeful witch hunt.

Not sure of a chief's status regarding civil service in that town but the hypocrisy involved in the situation stinks. A lower ranking officer in the same situation would likely be S O L

Hand picked Judges, and not juries, who find public employees not guilty is a long standing and time honored tradition. This is nothing new and exactly what I said would happen.

She was forced out of her job, fined, thousands in legal fees, not to mention the embarrassment. I honestly don't think she got off easy compared to Joe from the public. Probably harder if anything. This was an oui after 36 years of service. I'm not sure if there were priors but what are you looking for? The max 2.5 yrs in jail? Forfeiture of 2nd amendment for life?
There is no “embarassment” for these people, like Lerner and (soon to be retired) Fauci, they laugh all the way through retirement at us rubes with their 6 figure pensions knowing they and their crony hacks run the system, like the deep state on the local level.

She was forced out of her job, fined, thousands in legal fees, not to mention the embarrassment. I honestly don't think she got off easy compared to Joe from the public. Probably harder if anything. This was an oui after 36 years of service. I'm not sure if there were priors but what are you looking for? The max 2.5 yrs in jail? Forfeiture of 2nd amendment for life?
Call me crazy, some do, but expected her, and other public "servants" to live by the same rule of law us "commoners" live by and to face the same consequences that every single one of us has to face in matters such as this.

Lol.

Someone doesn’t just drive drunk for the first time at that age. Would not be shocked if it has happened before and it was swept under a rug because she was a cop. Sorry but not buying it… and yes someone driving drunk should punished with the max sentence.

She was a public servant. When someone choose to be a public servant they should expect to be held to a higher standard. Don’t like it then find another job.

Lol.

Someone doesn’t just drive drunk for the first time at that age. Would not be shocked if it has happened before and it was swept under a rug because she was a cop. Sorry but not buying it… and yes someone driving drunk should punished with the max sentence.

She was a public servant. When someone choose to be a public servant they should expect to be held to a higher standard. Don’t like it then find another job.
Happened with Detective Francis Carl Rogers in Haverhill. He drove drunk in North Reading, struck a North Reading police cruiser and injured the officer driving it. He got a CWOF and kept his badge. A few years later, just shy of 30 years on the force, he did it again. He got drunk at the Crescent Yacht Club and hit 6 cars in downtown Haverhill. His fellow officers arrested him because it happened in front of dozens of witnesses. No way the blue line of silence or whatever they call that crock of shit could cover that up. He put in his papers immediately after his criminal court arraignment and jumped ship before that pension got yanked.

Lol.

If you blow a .09 on your way home from a cookout you think that you should be prohibited from possession of a firearm for life?

If you blow a .09 on your way home from a cookout you think that you should be prohibited from possession of a firearm for life?
I drink maybe three alcoholic beverages a year so it’s not a problem for me.

That said if someone decides to get in a car intoxicated they should face the maximum sentence. When your out of prison all rights should be restored. Be an adult and get an Uber or Lyft it’s 2022 for crying out loud.

If your a cop and you still can’t figure that out you don’t deserve to keep your badge. Any funding of your pension that came way of taxpayers should be taken back and you can keep your own contributions.

I know of one civil servant (non law enforcement) who was fired and stripped of his pension (with 23+ years stellar service on the books) for a lesser offense than OUI and there was never any criminal conviction. It was a politically driven, vengeful witch hunt.

Not sure of a chief's status regarding civil service in that town but the hypocrisy involved in the situation stinks. A lower ranking officer in the same situation would likely be S O L
Things must work different in different areas. Just my experience knowing non civil servants getting in the same trouble has been far less stressful and costly for them. Like at the worst you ride a bicycle to your construction job instead of driving for 6 months. Not in the news, getting fired, etc. You don't lose your SS or 401k. Sucks for the guy you knew. I have a friend on nearby FD city to yours more liberal than yours that told me you can't speak politically conservative without fear of retribution. Ridiculous.

Ehhh that's a bit of a stretch. I know lots of hypocritical cops but if we're getting technical how do you arrest someone for drunk driving and testify against them in court after you've done the same thing.
I agree with this. That sentence was specifically regarding the circumstances for when her pension could be pulled.

Back
Top Bottom