Massachusetts Rifle Association - Woburn, MA

Recently got my LTC A and purchased my first (hopefully of many) gun and am looking to join a club. I live a few miles away from MRA but have heard that it's always really crowded on the Loeb range. I'd probably be shooting mostly in the evenings after 8pm weekdays and then sometimes on the weekends. Anyone have any input on the crowds around those times? I'll probably head over this Sunday to check it out.

Great club with great members - check it out in person and come by a few times at the times when you'd normally come if you were a member. Best to see for yourself... and remember that the indoor ranges are way busier in the winter :)

Does the range need to be snowblowed out? I live close by and have a commercial grade ariens so I can do whatever needs to be done.

Anyone know if the office will still be open tonight? My buddy wants to go to join.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do not need a sponsor. As far as I know they are accepting new members. Office is open tomorrow if you want to check it out.

Thanks I might stop by tomorrow. Are you a member? If so are the outdoor ranges open all year? Are they closed during winter months?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've wanted to join for some time . But watching my friend that is a member try to get a new key fob for 6+ months. every time he calls or shows up on the day they tell him to come back another day. Has really out me off to wanting to join. Sadly the club is so close to where I live.

I've wanted to join for some time . But watching my friend that is a member try to get a new key fob for 6+ months. every time he calls or shows up on the day they tell him to come back another day. Has really out me off to wanting to join. Sadly the club is so close to where I live.

Sunday or they'll get a nasty letter.

I didn't realize that calling into question someone else's character was grounds for expulsion.

Oh shit. I should stop bad mouthing our president, Barry, or I'll get my butt kick out of USA. This is totally shitty, dirty, political, unethical, unjustified kind of action. I'm ashamed to be a member for this club.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Oh shit. I should stop bad mouthing our president, Barry, or I'll get my butt kick out of USA. This is totally shitty, dirty, political, unethical, unjustified kind of action. I'm ashamed to be a member for this club.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

I wanted to become a member now idk ......
Alfred I got a 1911 .22 conversion I need to try out :) invite me lol.

Since people have asked, this is the result of trying to inform people and tell the truth, some of which is due to my posts here on NES. I will discuss this with anyone who wants to through PM.
View attachment 94407

WOW!
So a member who tries to inform other members and the public the real going ons at a Club is considered as endangering that Club.
Unless I am missing something it looks like they are fishing for an excuse to get rid of members they see as a threat.
I have not been too active at MRA the past few years - is this common?

I am a member of MRA. When I came on board I was told during the interview that there will be notification emails which I can't respond to and if I plan on calling I should also understand that their phone may not be picked up as quickly as in the sub shop. If I want something I should show up in person on Wednesday nights or Sunday mornings. And that is exactly what I am doing and I have to say that MRA is an excellent club I would recommend to anybody who does not require a special treatment.

New to shooting and planning on buying first firearms in the next few weeks. Looking at a Ruger 10/22 and need a place to shoot. 18 years old with an FID, would this be a good club to join? It seems to have ample facilities, however they say on their site you have to pass an interview and a range safety test. I am not familiar with bolt action, and have only handled a few semi-automatic pistols. Should I still consider joining? (I live 15 mins away) Thanks for any and all help here fellas!

So, if read this letter correctly, the accused is not allowed to know what the charges are, can only mount a defense within minutes after knowing the charges...can't have counsel or witnesses present. While the board of directors, obviously are well prepared and will have counsel present....seems like a slam dunk to me.
" first we will give you a fair trial, then we will hang you".....sounds familiar ?

Sounds like the club likes to keep things in their favor otherwise they would let you know the charges against you in advance so you could at least prepare for a defense. Not sure why you would stay at a place like this? If it were me I would say return my dues ( pro rated) and let's go our separate ways.

Well, the club has protected itself nicely - if you try to sue them, they can produce the letter and show that doing so is prohibited by the board [smile]

For all those concerned, I received an email stating that the March 3,.2014 meeting will be postponed until Monday March 10, 2014 due to expected weather conditions.

or. ya know, just to screw with any sign of support you may have garnered. People who are acting in bad faith, will do everything to tip the scales to their side.

Back
Top Bottom