• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Gun Transaction Portal down/offline?

JJD92

NES Member
Hi,
Can anybody confirm if the portal is working? I have been trying to access it since last night but all I get is that the IP cant be found.
Thanks,
Jorge

You should always have a stack of paper FA10 forms, even if you have to print out the PDF and use carbon paper, for cases like this.

They'll send it back and say, "you can't do this", and you can say, "I tried to follow the law explicitly, but it was impossible, so I followed the spirit of the law."

Go time???

*looks around for SpaceCritter, so I can follow him to glory...*

You should always have a stack of paper FA10 forms, even if you have to print out the PDF and use carbon paper, for cases like this.

They'll send it back and say, "you can't do this", and you can say, "I tried to follow the law explicitly, but it was impossible, so I followed the spirit of the law."

Nah. No need. Transactions have to be EFA-10ed within, what seven days?

When this has happened before, if I was the seller, I've just waited until the portal was back up. It's never taken more than a few hours. If I was the buyer? I took my new gun and walked away without a care in the world.

*looks around for SpaceCritter, so I can follow him to glory...*

Nah. No need. Transactions have to be EFA-10ed within, what seven days?

When this has happened before, if I was the seller, I've just waited until the portal was back up. It's never taken more than a few hours. If I was the buyer? I took my new gun and walked away without a care in the world.

The seven day requirement is only for registrations. Transfers are "before proceeding"

I don't believe there was an actual law change prohibiting use of paper forms - it was all done ex rectus by state bureaucrats.

Some sellers are outside their comfort zone not using the system to verify the validity of the recipient's license before transfer.

"You're welcome!"

maura-healey.gif

The seven day requirement is only for registrations. Transfers are "before proceeding"
Well here I was about to argue with you. Looks like they changed the wording since the last time I read 128A

“Any sale or transfer conducted pursuant to this section shall comply with section 131E and shall, prior to or at the point of sale, be conducted over a real time web portal developed by the department of criminal justice information services.”

Back
Top Bottom