Massachusetts Friendly C&R Sources

I got my C&R the beginning of the year and bought a few rifles on Gunbroker but decided i didn't want to pay someone else's mark up on items i can buy with a C&R from the distributors. So i picked up Shotgun News and searched the C&R sites for lists and started to send off my licenses with a cover letter. I have read some of the restrictions posted on these sites and see how their fear of our AG has made them not even want to deal with us on legal stuff. So i ask which C&R Sources do you purchase from and how are they to deal with concerning MA sales. Good stories and bad please.

I think you'll find that we don't want to name names on this forum for fear that the AG's office will read it. If they find friendly names they could threaten them with legal action.

Several people on the list have dealings with distributors who will ship to C&Rs. They'll probably PM you. While I have a C&R I have not made use of this yet.

Best advice I can offer is if you see something you like, try and order it. Worst case is they just say no shipments and you move on to the next.

Most of the C&R sellers will post any state-by-state restrictions somewhere on their site. I found it helpful to add a front and back copy of my LTC-A to the copy of the C&R, in case they want it for magazine capacity.

I also make sure to contact the seller before ordering or bidding, just to make sure the order was acceptable. Shipping policies are not forever, and I've been zapped before!

Ma friendly C&R dealers

Hello All,
I just got my C&R and also find that most dealers are not willing to sell to MA! I would very much appreciate any info you guys could send me. Thanks.

Considering that you are a new member with one post, I think you will find that not that many people are willing to share that info with you.

Hello All,
I just got my C&R and also find that most dealers are not willing to sell to MA! I would very much appreciate any info you guys could send me. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum !
Stick around for a while, if you choose to become a full member (A measly $19.00 bucks/year) then you'll find out about some of the neat stuff we do , shoots, lunches, tours, to name a few...

We're a social bunch so c'mon out and make some new friends.

Enjoy yer stay. [smile]

(Posted before fully awake ![shocked])

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum !
Stick around for a while, if you choose to become a full member (A measly $198.00 bucks/year) then you'll find out about some of the neat stuff we do , shoots, lunches, tours, to name a few...

We're a social bunch so c'mon out and make some new friends.

Enjoy yer stay. [smile]

MrTwigg,

Are you getting a commission on membership?? [wink] [laugh2]

lindcase, don't pay any attention to the tall guy with branches sticking out of him. [wink] [smile] NES Paid membership is only $19.00/year, no matter what he tells you. [rofl]

Welcome to the forum and until folks get to know you here and know that you aren't some mole for the AG's office, don't expect many to share their sources. The AG's office trolls the Internet to find dealers to "sting" and then forces them to stop shipping anything into MA, so we need to be wary or we'll lose the few brave sources that we still have.

Just to be clear to anyone new reading this thread. We, and the C&R dealers who are willing to ship here, are not breaking any laws set down by a legislative body in charge of such things. After all, the C&R is a Federal license and inter-state commerce trumps state law and we are only trying to buy items we are legally able to buy in person -- if you could find it here. Dealers do not want to bother with the limited customer base in this state because of our previous DA a**hole who tried to force his personal gun control opinions and attempt to gain political capital . I hope the other politicians see where that got him.

-= chuck

inter-state commerce trumps state law

[laugh2][rofl]

That's just funny right there! Federal law does not apply in the peoples communist republic of MA! If the quote above were actually true in this stank ass state, we would be able to buy ammo, and reloading supplies online from anyone!

Lets not forget a big You're #1 with a middle finger salute to Lew Horton!
When Samco stopped shipping and I demanded answers as to why, I was told it was advice they took from Lew Horton who told them shipping C&R goods to Mass would get them in trouble.[rolleyes]
BTW... Lew Horton doesn't honor 03 FFLs period!

Dealers do not want to bother with the limited customer base in this state because of our previous DA a**hole who tried to force his personal gun control opinions and attempt to gain political capital.
I prefer to refer to the unlamented Scott Harshbarger and Tom Reilly as former A$$holes General. Guess what that makes you, Martha? [devil2]

C&R

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. It never entered my mind that the SS i mean AG would be trolling here! Is the new AG as bad as the last one? Shouldn't they be spending their time on pedophiles and MS-13 gang members? I assure you that I am not a mole or plant but I understand how you feel. Anyway I think I will spend the $19 bucks to join you. Actually I didn't know there was a paid membership here.

Well, you'd think that MS-13 would be a higher priority, but this being MA, it's important to them to keep the proles down. [rolleyes]

The paid membership lets you read the members only forum where we work out group buys, meet & greets, and group shoots. So far, we've had one pumpkin shoot, two just social shoots and two car shoots. Oh, yeah, and you get to know the secret handshake. [wink]

I remember one place that said on their site they wouldn't ship C&R handguns to MA. I emailed them about their regs and they replied saying they would ship handguns here if a copy of your LTC was included with your C&R.

of course that was kinda a joke. What is the best firearm to make the biggest mess on a pumpkin? I have never shot a gord before.

of course that was kinda a joke. What is the best firearm to make the biggest mess on a pumpkin? I have never shot a gord before.

Its really ammo type. For example soft or hollow point 7.62x39 would do well, so would any soft point hunting ammo such as Remington or Federal soft point hunting loads found at most Wal Marts.

Back
Top Bottom