Mass AWB’s days are numbered

The concept that the government had to give itself permission to be armed in ludicrous.
that's actually a great counterpoint that I had not yet heard... akin to the retort of "yeah.. they had to explicitly state that the gov't had to refrain from infringing upon your hunting to put food on your table"

Newspaper articles about PDs ignoring the 40 day limit are not likely to win any converts to our side. The general public reaction will be "better they take their time than make and issue a license to someone who should not have a gun beyond the 'should not have a gun' that applies to all persons not agents of the state".
Oh, I am aware. I just think that calling attention to police officers not following the law is going to be a hot-button issue for some folks.

They're getting less and less comfortable with every uptick in the inflation rate, though. :rolleyes:
True but we're a ways away. Patriotism is dead. There's no will to take any physical action to preserve the country as we know it. By the time things get bad enough for people to act, the country will be unrecognizable.

Nope. SCOTUS remanded all of their previous 2A cases after they decided Bruen. Gotta wait for those to work their way through the inferior courts first, which can take several years. Gonna be a little bit before SCOTUS hears another 2A case.
I don't expect any SCOTUS action on 2A cases other than "GVR - Bruen" for some time, unless an inferior circuit really steps on their dick.

I don't expect any SCOTUS action on 2A cases other than "GVR - Bruen" for some time, unless an inferior circuit really steps on their dick.
I think if there’s a circuit split they’ll be more likely to take up a case, which I’m sure there will be in the (somewhat) near future with these AWB & mag ban cases. Call me optimistic but I don’t think this court as it’s currently comprised is going to deal with another situation of lower courts going nuts for the better part of a decade, as evidenced by Justice Alito’s statement in Antonyuk v. Nigrelli. I think AWBs & mag bans will be gone nationwide within the next few years.

Also, I know it’s not strictly a 2A case but I suspect they’ll be taking up the Garland v. Cargill case out of CA5 in the next term and striking down the bump stock ban. They’ve already agreed to hear the Loper Bright Enterprises v. Raimondo case to strike down Chevron deference.

Nope. SCOTUS remanded all of their previous 2A cases after they decided Bruen. Gotta wait for those to work their way through the inferior courts first, which can take several years. Gonna be a little bit before SCOTUS hears another 2A case.

And there we are here in MA today with the DimocRAT legislature and DimocRAT governor and DimocRAT AG ready to screw us in every way they can possibly think of or borrow from another crazy DimocRAT-controlled state. So is Bruen really going to save us in MA from total Hellish anti-gunowner disaster as many here have predicted?

My prediction: I'll be dead, buried and gone long before MA ever becomes fully-compliant (or even close) with the spirit and letter of the Bruen decision. :(

Last edited:
So is Bruen really going to save us in MA from total Hellish anti-gunowner disaster as many here have predicted?

This kind of post appears in the Bruen thread with monotonous regularity. The answer hasn't changed, and it might be several years before it does.

The answer is yes. It will. But not quite yet.

For the umpteenth time: Brown v Board was decided in 1954. How long did it take to actually achieve de jure school desegregation, even after SCOTUS spoke? Twenty years, even in a place as liberal as Boston. And it still exists, de facto, even in a place as liberal as Boston. Seventy years later.

We're in for a long fight, but the outcome is already known. Hope you make it that far, but if you don't? Someone will.

Simple!
Maura Healy is a political animal. She's also smart and very ambitious. She does not do anything unless it improves her political standing.
She was never interested in "upholding the law" or banning guns. The only reason she made those "proclamations" in 2015 is because she wanted to get the job of the head of the Justice Department in HRC's cabinet, once she became the president. When HRC bombed, instead of going down with the ship "HMS Hillary", Maura regrouped and started positioning herself for the gubernatorial job. Historically, state governors have far better chances of becoming president of the United States than any other position(Bush Jr., Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, etc.)
The other reason why her office never prosecuted anyone using the "new" interpretation is that it would result in a lawsuit that would overturn MA AWB which would be the mark of death on her political career. No prosecutor wants to have their name be on a case that goes to the SCOTUS and loses.

Imagine how F'd up this country has to be in 9 or so years (probably not 4) to elect Maura as President. Just wow.

This kind of post appears in the Bruen thread with monotonous regularity. The answer hasn't changed, and it might be several years before it does.

The answer is yes. It will. But not quite yet.

For the umpteenth time: Brown v Board was decided in 1954. How long did it take to actually achieve de jure school desegregation, even after SCOTUS spoke? Twenty years, even in a place as liberal as Boston. And it still exists, de facto, even in a place as liberal as Boston. Seventy years later.

We're in for a long fight, but the outcome is already known. Hope you make it that far, but if you don't? Someone will.

People spend too much time fighting for themselves and too little fighting for liberty for all. It's OK to have selfish motives. But be driven by higher ideals more.

If all GOAL does is water down bad legislation, which is easier to fight in court:

1. Crazy MA moonbat law that is blatantly unconstitutional

Or

2. Watered down moonbat law that judges could easily rule are "common sense"

People spend too much time fighting for themselves and too little fighting for liberty for all. It's OK to have selfish motives. But be driven by higher ideals more.
I Dont Believe It No Way GIF by Paramount+
finding nemo seagulls GIF

I've interacted with GOAL several times and they have been fantastic. But you know in this state, the dems will telegraph their intentions to the wino moms demanding action and they give the rest of us plebes a 5 minute notice. A lot of times GOAL gets short circuited by our legislators. They've been very good at sort of keeping the kettle from boiling over especially since we have some world class weirdo legislators in this state. Jim Wallace is the real deal.

Jon Greene is excellent also!

Any specific examples?
Sure (both of these were in the pre-Bruen environemnt)

Easy to fight: Federal court action against a law banning legal permanent residents from getting an LTC (at the time Comm2A filed, there were other district courts decision stopping this practice)

Hard to fight: Pre-Bruen case asking a MA court to declare the MA AWB unconstitutional (Comm2A did not file that case)

Sure (both of these were in the pre-Bruen environemnt)

Easy to fight: Federal court action against a law banning legal permanent residents from getting an LTC (at the time Comm2A filed, there were other district courts decision stopping this practice)

Hard to fight: Pre-Bruen case asking a MA court to declare the MA AWB unconstitutional (Comm2A did not file that case)
I thought we were talking GOAL and the idea that the organization’s attempts to “water down” anti-gun legislation actually makes the eventual laws more difficult to challenge? (This is a sentiment with which I do not agree).

I thought we were talking GOAL and the idea that the organization’s attempts to “water down” anti-gun legislation actually makes the eventual laws more difficult to challenge? (This is a sentiment with which I do not agree).
Watering down a law, no matter how absurd, is profoundly difficult and rarely done voluntarily. Two exceptions:

1) Removing LTC required for pepper spray. Still must be sold by a licensed ammo dealer though.

2) Increasing LTC validity time from 4 to 6 years.

Would you prefer the "watered down" mag bag (date based grandfathering) or either (a) CT style registration of mags required, or (b) RI style "no grandfathering" ban?

Jon Greene is excellent also!
Perhaps if I ever met and spoke with this Jon Greene fellow (his positive reputation somewhat precedes him), I might change my opinion about GOAL being a weak, useless, mostly outdated relic of the past. I am certainly open to being proven wrong. In fact, I would LOVE to be proven wrong. Any small ray of hope that we are not going to get totally destroyed by the Legislature and Maura this session would help my current negative disposition immensely. 🤔

Perhaps if I ever met and spoke with this Jon Greene fellow (his positive reputation somewhat precedes him), I might change my opinion about GOAL being a weak, useless, mostly outdated relic of the past. I am certainly open to being proven wrong. In fact, I would LOVE to be proven wrong. Any small ray of hope that we are not going to get totally destroyed by the Legislature and Maura this session would help my current negative disposition immensely. 🤔
Jon is in charge of education @ GOAL. Just like NRA, GOAL's education department is the best and most valuable to the vast majority of gun owners. Since legislative work, while highly valuable, is not very visible. This is why having an education is so important to maintain positive image of an org like GOAL. Without it, folks will think GOAL is useless. Your opinion of GOAL is a perfect example of that.

The real stick in the keyster is most of the major gun control legislation passed when an R was is the guvnah’s office…
Your right but you have to put this in the proper light. We have never had (at least in the last 20yrs) a real R in office. Yes we have had Republicans but it would be an insult to rinos to call them rinos. And even if we had a real conservative in office it wouldn't matter. The state legislator is infested with not just Dems but looney leftist Dems. And I hate to say it but this is how the majority of this state wants it.

Your right but you have to put this in the proper light. We have never had (at least in the last 20yrs) a real R in office. Yes we have had Republicans but it would be an insult to rinos to call them rinos. And even if we had a real conservative in office it wouldn't matter. The state legislator is infested with not just Dems but looney leftist Dems. And I hate to say it but this is how the majority of this state wants it.
Exactly. Leftist DimocRATS (Speaker of the House & Senate President) run this state, always have... and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

@JGreen

I would like to know why it takes years? Is the slow walk by design?

Watering down a law, no matter how absurd, is profoundly difficult and rarely done voluntarily. Two exceptions:

1) Removing LTC required for pepper spray. Still must be sold by a licensed ammo dealer though.

2) Increasing LTC validity time from 4 to 6 years.

Would you prefer the "watered down" mag bag (date based grandfathering) or either (a) CT style registration of mags required, or (b) RI style "no grandfathering" ban?
What was done about this?

1686603146334.png

Back
Top Bottom