Maryland Police Hassle Unarmed Florida Tourist because he had CCW Permit

War on drugs. Thought you might be a courier.

Bill of rights? What bill of rights? [thinking]

Excellent point, and exactly what I expect happened. I was in my mid 20s, driving a shitbox and I was moving (home from college) so my car was packed with crap. I was probably a textbook mark.

If you want rights you have to pay them bills?

I thought your post in crazymjb's thread on the shot show was sarcasm. Looks like I was wrong.

1986d1332082574-pocketesn-quickly-get-info-about-status-phones-esn-troll.jpg

I was pulled over on 95 North in Maryland with Florida plates in 98. Wasn't speeding, no faulty equipment. Cop asked for license and reg, asked where I was headed (I was on my way to MA). She made me wait 15 minutes or so then told me to get lost, no ticket, no warning, no explanation. She had a serious attitude throughout the stop. JBT.

The drug corridor and the iron pipeline... big source of revenue from arrests, forfeitures and Homeland Security funding.

She was just pissed that she didn't make a solid bust.

Have any of our resident cyber detectives verified the validity of this story? There are some fishy details that have been discussed already, but not answered. I think this sounds like a work of creative fiction...

I blame the stupid wife.
She is the one who got him into this mess.

Thanks for the reminder...

A side note for the evening...

When any of my friends I am with are that stupid, they don't deserve my protection when I carry. With a wife like that, I may need up saving her life but her big mouth would end up putting me in prison. F-that. With people like that, and there is a wolf in the camp- all I need to do if run faster then the slowest person. I don't feel like going to jail protecting somebody that dumb.

Have any of our resident cyber detectives verified the validity of this story? There are some fishy details that have been discussed already, but not answered. I think this sounds like a work of creative fiction...

Frankly, it is actually quite believable.

If you told me ten years ago that cops were anal raping people searching for contraband "because terror" or "because drugs" I would have looked at you like you had three heads.

Now we see that this in fact not only happens, it has happened multiple times and doctors, hospitals, judges, and prosecutors are in on the raping as well.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/228171-Run-a-stop-sign-Rectal-cavity-search

If you told me ten years ago that cops were anal raping people searching for contraband "because terror" or "because drugs" I would have looked at you like you had three heads.

Now we see that this in fact not only happens, it has happened multiple times and doctors, hospitals, judges, and prosecutors are in on the raping as well.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/228171-Run-a-stop-sign-Rectal-cavity-search

This.

This nation is now doing things to its own people that 25 years ago we used to make fun of the Soviet Union for.

Some states have a "Declare" requirement (Michigan???) if you have a CPL/CCW/LTC, whether you are actively carrying or not.

I've asked an ex-JBT friend of mine how this scenario would play in Massachusetts, his advice was "No cop on the side of the road is going to care about a plastic card in your wallet, but you damned well better declare if you are actively carrying... And turn on the interior light, and keep your seatbelt on, and lace your hands through the steering wheel, and the first thing out of your mouth better be 'Officer, I have a License to Carry and I AM armed at this time'"

I guess in Maryland the "No cop on the side of the road" part of his analysis doesn't really apply. [angry]

I recently was rear-ended by an SUV (it hurts) and 3 cop cars showed up, slow day, I was on the way to the range so had 4 rifles in the car. Never mentioned it and wasn't asked. I believe in the military "don't ask, don't tell" had they searched the car I would have showed my LTC.

http://youtu.be/CnaVoTfkqa8

All grammatical, spelling, and informational errors are solely the fault of Tapatalk and Autocorrect. Pay no attention to the fat fingers mashing on the keyboard behind the curtain.

Still have no information as to why he was pulled over in the first place. The entire thing sounds like BS.

He got pulled over because the cop wanted to harass him. It's that simple. There's no grand conspiracy, it's just straight up power abuse. The dude picked a car he wanted to pull over. I bet if you went through the cop's history this is far from the first time he's been a douchebag.

I've asked an ex-JBT friend of mine how this scenario would play in Massachusetts, his advice was "No cop on the side of the road is going to care about a plastic card in your wallet, but you damned well better declare if you are actively carrying... And turn on the interior light, and keep your seatbelt on, and lace your hands through the steering wheel, and the first thing out of your mouth better be 'Officer, I have a License to Carry and I AM armed at this time'"

I guess in Maryland the "No cop on the side of the road" part of his analysis doesn't really apply. [angry]

**** that noise. There's no law to declare shit in MA. There's no way in hell I'll ever just blurt out to some dickhead cop that I've got a gun if he hasn't specifically asked me.

IF he asks if I had a weapon I'd answer, "I have an unrestricted LTC and am carrying now. How would you like to proceed?"

Frankly, F all of your friend's "advice". I'll turn on my light if i feel like it, I won't if I don't. I'll keep my hands visible but I'm not "lacing" my hands through the steering wheel. **** him.

He got pulled over because the cop wanted to harass him. It's that simple. There's no grand conspiracy, it's just straight up power abuse. The dude picked a car he wanted to pull over. I bet if you went through the cop's history this is far from the first time he's been a douchebag.

This is likely. State police. Interstate. Out-of-state tags? Yep, those are the easiest.

Was he a professional, twice over?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrIpPqcln6Y

Last edited:
The cop was a Maryland Transportation Authority cop and started tailing the Expedition after they got out of the Ft. McHenry tunnel. You have to pay the $4.00 toll to travel through the tunnel, which means you stop at a toll booth. And it probably means your license plate is photographed when you do.

My guess is that his license plate was photographed and *AUTOMATICALLY SCANNED* at the tunnel entrance and by the time he was on the other side, he had been flagged as a "suspicious person" for some reason. Either that, or for some reason the cop decided to check him out in the vicinity of the tunnel. I wonder whether or not the patrol officer was aware of the CCW permit at the time he took the license, or only afterward?

The Fort McHenry tunnel passes underneath Baltimore Harbor and I have no doubt that the authorities there are watching everything that goes in and out of that tunnel.

Very strange set of circumstances there and definitely creepy as heck.

If that was the case i would be stopped every time i went through. More likely the cop may have thought DRUGS with the FL license plate

Back
Top Bottom