Marlboro Gun Show Sept 21 and 22

I was there yesterday... not bad, some interesting guns to look at. Decent AR prices to be had... 5.56/.223 prices ranged from $10.20 to $15 [rolleyes] per 20 round box. One table had 1000 rnd cans of about $410, which aint bad. My favorite was the guy with the 80% lowers. I spoke with him for a while, told him it was interesting but I didn't have the proper equipment.. he told me that I could use a hand drill if I was very careful...[rofl] I am not sure my trusty old Milwaukee will be able to hanle it though.

- - - Updated - - -

anyone there now? any lines?

Idoktr. I was there yesterday, there were no lines after about 11:30am.

I was there yesterday... not bad, some interesting guns to look at. Decent AR prices to be had... 5.56/.223 prices ranged from $10.20 to $15 [rolleyes] per 20 round box. One table had 1000 rnd cans of about $410, which aint bad. My favorite was the guy with the 80% lowers. I spoke with him for a while, told him it was interesting but I didn't have the proper equipment.. he told me that I could use a hand drill if I was very careful...[rofl] I am not sure my trusty old Milwaukee will be able to hanle it though.

Wow... I still don't believe it when people say such things. Sure, you might be able to do it all with a hand drill, but it will take a LONG time, look like ass, and you'll have a LOT of hand filing to do after. Even with a drill press it's going to take a long time and require additional filing before it's to the point where it will function.

I also still think it's funny how people are selling ammo (5.56/.223), at shows, for more than you'll pay at stores. The 1000 round can at $410 isn't a bad price (if without, or after, sales tax) but it's on the borderline.

here now, no line, not crowded. some neat stuff, some horrible prices, some decent prices. got some AK mags, thinking about a knife, and questioning my desire for jerky. Hm.
not too stinky!

thinkiing of heading up there is there a big line to get in

Just so that you'll know for future shows.

Sundays it's only open 'til 3PM. Usually 30-50% of the dealers start packing up ~1PM and a good percentage are gone by 2PM. The promoter usually leaves by ~2PM as well.

If you show up a few minutes before 3PM you are likely to find nothing to look at except almost all empty tables and a few people packing up.

Did anyone happen to see any 7.62x39 at the show? That and maybe .45 was my only goal if I had gone. I was supposed to go yesterday but got called to work.

Just curious if I might have missed out on any deals.

I had a good time, my 11YO son came with me,we walked around from 11-4 and stopped at EVERY table.

I re-newed GOAL Memebership...

Limited myself to 100 bucks....
Purchased a new MKII mag for $22, an AR-15 LPK kit for $60 and a Mauser stock of unknown origin (for a FN Colombian Mauser project) for $20.

Over budget. Fail. [wink]

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

I had a good time, finally found an SR1911 for a fair price and got a t-shirt as well. It was bittersweet because I hadn't planned to buy a gun so my jerky money had to go towards that. [crying]

Did anyone try the orange/honey salami? I was intrigued.

sr1911.jpg

I had a good time, finally found an SR1911 for a fair price and got a t-shirt as well. It was bittersweet because I hadn't planned to buy a gun so my jerky money had to go towards that. [crying]

Did anyone try the orange/honey salami? I was intrigued.

sr1911.jpg

Yes I tried the orange salami. A half pound came home with us hahah. Eating it now.

Interesting opinions from everyone, some say it sucked, others thought it was best in years. I went today and killed a few hours there. Certainly worth the price of admission, not very many people there at all so that was good. Since I didn't "need" anything I was free to look for anything that caught my interest. Actually ended up finding a bunch of stuff at decent prices. No steals, but certainly within the price range I would find online, and I got to fondle before buying which is always preferred. Guns seemed to be priced a bit high, same for most ammo, but at least they had some, so if I was in the market I would have bought. I'm sure there were some deals for those that looked hard, that's what a gun show is all about. I like stopping to chat with Mike from Eastern Security, his prices seemed decent if I wanted another safe. I did pick up a sling, holster, flip down backup sights, and other similar odd and ends. Overall, I think it was the best show in at least a few years, but that may be mostly due to the lack of people there. It was very easy to casually walk the place a couple of times.

-Cuz.

Overall, I think it was the best show in at least a few years, but that may be mostly due to the lack of people there. It was very easy to casually walk the place a couple of times.

I couldn't put my finger on it, but I think that was the factor that made this show more enjoyable for me. I normally go first thing on Saturday when I'm looking for something in particular, but this was the first time I went mid-day Sunday because I didn't really go looking to buy (It just happened to work out that way, ha).

I thought this show was decent. I got a great deal on some ammo I was looking for. I had to look around a lot and haggle but in the end it was worth it.

Anyone ever go to one of the vermont shows? Just wondering if there are better prices, etc. in vt than the ma or nh shows. I'll be in vt when there are a few shows, so I'd go if it were worth it.

IMHO the show was very good. Yes some ammo prices and firearm prices were out of sight but if you looked around there was some great buys. I picked up a 1940 M28/30 SKY with a war time stock with a very bold SKY stamp on the stock with 40!!!! Original to the rifle. An older gentlemen came in and said he purchased it in 1977 and never shot it. NO IMPORT MARK. price, $175!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's what he was asking. I will post pics in the Milsurp section as soon as I can.

I also chatted with samandglove1, Ken, and SKS Ray who I gave him a gift for stopping by. I usually try to give NES folks a little something if I have it. No not firearms:) but slings, stripper clips , mag pouches etc. Saw some other NES folks as well which is always great.

As I have said before if you go to a gunshow expecting to buy ammo for 1980 prices just stay home. As to folks who saw non complaint firearms please do me a favor. Keep it to yourself for Christs sake. All we need is the AGs office or some other gun grabber to have yet another excuse to shut such events down.

Last edited:
It was nice out yesterday so I rode the motorcycle up there as I wasn't looking to buy anything big. Got there around 1:30-2pm and there was no line and I was happily surprised to see that the isle were not jammed packed. Funniest part of the day is that a 20 something couple was standing next to me and the guy was explaining how a shotgun worked to her. Half way through is explanation she had a huge yawn, her eyes were glassed over and you could tell she had absolutely no interest at all. It's funny because he just kept on talking. Reminded me of my wife and I. Same thing, except I know this and would be talking. lol

i had fun, got the same shirt as GreyEyes but mine says "women" instead of "men. gotta say i was thrilled to find a shirt for ladies that isnt god-awful pink or cut to fit super skinny broads!

drooled over some nifty guns, picked up a few little things, and wondered how many NESers i was walking past. the BF picked up a sling he needed and i picked up some bar ribbons for way cheaper than at army barracks. all in all, a successful trip for me. also enjoyed running into some old friends. was a good sunday activity, less crowded than other gun shows and people were way more pleasant than before too.

I tried going late for a change and was rewarded; attendance was sparse and I found some old lady that was willing to dicker on older cardboard canisters of Hercules powder. I topped off my stash at pre-SHTF pricing!

Back
Top Bottom