Marlboro Gun Show Sept 21 and 22

Its $10 to get in like other gun show? May stop by tomorrow. Looks crowded today

Sent via ★♡★ Galaxy Note II ☆♥☆

Here's a $1 off coupon! I'll post another report tomorrow when I'm there.
nahe8e3u.jpg

Walked right in no wait at 11:30, ammo prices are decent. 20 rounds 308 for 15. 5.56 was the lowest I've seen it in a log time 40 cents a round. Glocks are way over priced. Happy hunting

MrJingles - do you happen to be in one of the pictures I took? We can play Where's MrJingles

Haha, the line was much shorter when I arrived, so nope!

I only got cropdusted twice, made my first purchase in 5 trips to these gun shows(a cheap shotgun for a trap loaner).

can't complain, it was crowded but not any worse than I've ever seen there...if you take it for what it is(mostly a "look at the shit I can't afford or dont want to buy but are cool!" event) you wont be disappointed.

Great show IMHO. Saw a few steals but I'm not saying what because I'm hoping the vendor will still have them in Plymouth.

I ended up getting 500rds of 223 for$160, which made me happy. Plus talked to a few NESrs.

Are there really that many people who smell at the shows? How bad is it? A guy at my gym smells like pure ammonia and he has a range of 15 ft. You cannot breath when he's within 15 ft of you, it's brutal.

Anybody crap themselves prepping for entry?

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

I was there at 0730, about the tenth person in line, much better than the last few shows. I went mainly for reloading components and found plenty at "normal" 2013 prices: Primers $38/1000, W231 and most powders $25/lb. One vendor set limits on primer purchases of 1000/ type, while others had no limits and no sales tax.

Found a "like new" West German 1992 SIG P228 for $550 with two high caps, which was a steal. Didn't pay that much attention to ammo prices except it was all over the place, if you were diligent and searched all the smaller vendors there were some values. Saw CCI standard velocity .22 for as little as $30 a brick to as much as $55. Lots of GI 30-06, 30 carbine, 556 and 308, most in ammo cans, stripper clips or enblock clips. As usual the big ammo guys were rapers.

Many fine used handguns at reasonable prices, some not so reasonable. Many Mosins for $150-$175.

All in all, I never regret going to the Marlboro shows, even if I didn't buy a thing it's hard to have that much fun for $11.

Last edited:
I had a good time, my 11YO son came with me,we walked around from 11-4 and stopped at EVERY table.

I re-newed GOAL Memebership...

Limited myself to 100 bucks....
Purchased a new MKII mag for $22, an AR-15 LPK kit for $60 and a Mauser stock of unknown origin (for a FN Colombian Mauser project) for $20.

If you like standing in line forever to pay $12, smell feces and BO (which is an all time high right now with the obamascare 2/sandy hookmaster panics increasing the attendance rates at gun shows) and get shitty pricing, be my guest. The only good thing at Marlburrah is the miscellaneous stuff... guns or ammo? meh. In between the sales tax and the lack of ammo competition (usually only the NY jerks show up, once in awhile blonde elvis) both of who charge more in MA on top of that..... Meh.

-Mike

I have to disagree Mike. This show was much better than the last couple of Marlboro shows. Reloading supplies and Ammo were everywhere including hard to find stuff and a ton of old collectable types. One seller had 455 Webley in original WW2 boxes and I wish I would have grabbed one just to have.

Something neat that I found was a seller with vintage Russian 7.62x54 in original packaging on Izhevsk stamped stripper clips.

A lot of people had the newest Russian line of ammo MFS. Some dealers like Terry from NH had great prices on it. I grabbed a box of 7.62x54 to try out.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379806600325.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379806600325.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 114
Are there really that many people who smell at the shows? How bad is it? A guy at my gym smells like pure ammonia and he has a range of 15 ft. You cannot breath when he's within 15 ft of you, it's brutal.

Pure ammonia is not common.

Gun show smell is a mix of body odor, trucker's crotch and unwashed crusty ass. It's grim. You can usually spot them before you smell them. 50+, leather vest, boots, beard, pony tail are all identifiers.

Young guys will sometimes smell too, usually of unwashed gym clothing and farts. These are stealthy and will sneak up on you.

I've found that showering and shaving, and applying a handful of Clubman just prior to going produces a cone of clean that can protect me from gagging for up to an hour.

YMMV

Last edited:
I had a nice time walking around the Marlboro show today (much better than the last few). I showed up at 1:30 and stayed until 4:30 (scored rock star parking!!!) and it was the most manageable show I can remember. Not crowded at all and the smell was negligible. There were some surprisingly good deals on some harder to find older revolvers, but the great majority of gun prices that I saw were silly high. The ammo prices ranged from ok to crazy (what do you expect, its a gun show), but there were some prices that were out of this world (Aguila .30 carbine $43/50.....). I thank my lucky stars that I have a lifetime supply of M1 Carbine & Garand ammo.

There were some steals if you looked carefully and knew what you were looking for. I scored a mint set of 1950's K-Frame diamond target grips for $15 (usually at least $100-200 in that condition), a hard to find Rock-Ola marked M1 Carbine mag, a rear sight for a 1903 Rock Island Arsenal rifle, a bunch of original 1950's S&W catalogs, and a few more odds and ends.

I also stopped by and talked with Fred for a bit as well as a few other S&W collectors that I know. All in all, it was a very successful show for me. I picked up a bunch of small things that I needed/wanted and didn't spend too much dough.

Last edited:
This was my first show and it was pretty cool..... me and three of my friends showed up a little before 8 and about 50 or less infront of us. by 9 the line was far back.... i wanted a s&w range kit and i seen one price a little to high i thought and found a m&p 9 for 599 and i laughed and said **** that.... 2 of my friends bought 2 handguns 1 had bought guns before and had no problem today and the other was his first time buying anything and he got a hold on his(evening using his PIN).. he's kinda pissed off i laughed when i found out where he had to drive to pick it up(near springfield ma and he lives northeast mass) hahah sucks to be him....we left a little before 11 and the line was so long i was glad we showed up 8....I knew Four Seasons had m&p's for 499 so i went there and picked up my first weapon.. hopefully the next show ill be able to find something to buy.

I had a nice time walking around the Marlboro show today (much better than the last few). I showed up at 1:30 and stayed until 4:30 (scored rock star parking!!!) and it was the most manageable show I can remember. Not crowded at all and the smell was negligible. There were some surprisingly good deals on some harder to find older revolvers, but the great majority of gun prices that I saw were silly high. The ammo prices ranged from ok to crazy (what do you expect, its a gun show)...

I was there Saturday afternoon and my experience was similar. I was surprised to see that attendance was down (at least in the afternoon) since I was expecting the first Marlboro show of the new season to be jammed. I felt sorry for the usual high sales volume dealers with few really busy and almost no one sitting at the paperwork tables. That said, I overheard a couple of dealers still calling it a successful show.

As mentioned above, there were few bargains in guns or ammo. One trip up to FSGuns (for guns) or a few trips to Walmart or Riley's (for ammo) would have likely been a lot more productive. It wasn't a very successful show for me. Of the handful of things I went looking for, I only came home with two accessory items. Funny to come home from a show with money still left in my wallet.

I was very sad to hear that John from Remsport is not doing well health-wise. Sounded pretty bleak.

Went for the entertainment, walked out with a collectible gun I'd been looking for over the past several years: win-win.

Got there a little before 8, read a book until 9 (the third in the three-part biography of Teddy Roosevelt - excellent!) and zipped around the place until I reached Pete's Guns.

There, connected by the usual lanyard, was a Star Model 1914 - pictures soon.

Went for the entertainment, walked out with a collectible gun I'd been looking for over the past several years: win-win.

Got there a little before 8, read a book until 9 (the third in the three-part biography of Teddy Roosevelt - excellent!) and zipped around the place until I reached Pete's Guns.

There, connected by the usual lanyard, was a Star Model 1914 - pictures soon.

Fred told me about that gun. If the information conveyed to me was correct, you picked up that Star for a terrific price. Congrats.

This was my first show it was good experience . I walked show and compared prices from each vendor , was on the hunt for ruger MKIII mags most were priced at 36.00 I found the guy on the back had them for 25.00 no tax. I also picked up a Taurus 38 special a little rough looking for 125.00 I put 50 rounds through it no problem .Over all good show .

The BF and I are heading there now, not really looking for anything specific but should be fun. I am on a mission for a friend and must look for things for him, other than that ... jerky and little stuff is what I expect to walk out with.

Back
Top Bottom