Marlboro April 23-24

Success at the show yesterday...

Picked up a stripped AR lower for a future build.

Found some hard to locate ammo...
7.5x55 Swiss, 90 rounds of Norma.
7.62x45,15 rounds and a contact for maybe more.

and the bargain of the day...
5.56x45, 270 rounds, 9 boxes of what seems to be the remains of a SA battle pack from 1983 for only $60.

Supposedly a guy who bought a glock was leaving the show and the cop at door asked if he was LE. Guy said no and cop told him it was illegal so guy called foul? I was at guy who sells old muskets when it happened. One guy did make a good remark.......said if it was legal to sell new glocks to public and not just law oficers wouldnt every one be doing it? Good point perhaps...................this aint over for sure.

Supposedly a guy who bought a glock was leaving the show and the cop at door asked if he was LE. Guy said no and cop told him it was illegal so guy called foul? I was at guy who sells old muskets when it happened. One guy did make a good remark.......said if it was legal to sell new glocks to public and not just law oficers wouldnt every one be doing it? Good point perhaps...................this aint over for sure.

Question:

Was it a REAL COP or the rent-a-cops/security that the Trade Center hires/requires for any event there.

Cops are ignorant of the gun laws (and most don't care), but I can easily see a security guard all dressed up to play cop making a big stink about something he knows nothing about.

It wasn't illegal for the guy to buy it or possess it. Depending on exactly what it is, it may or may not have been legal for the FFL to sell it to him however.

More importantly, why are WE supporting these people (show promotors) with our hard earned money when they obviously have so little regard for US?

Because nobody else will step up and run a new show. So the legacy garbage promoters keep control....

All of this is the last nail in the coffin for me. I went yesterday and was there during all of this but I missed the glock clustersf... It was another lame show. It's no longer worth the price of admission. I'll be saving the fee for gas money or shipping charges....

Supposedly a guy who bought a glock was leaving the show and the cop at door asked if he was LE. Guy said no and cop told him it was illegal so guy called foul?
Question: Was it a REAL COP or the rent-a-cops/security that the Trade Center hires/requires for any event there.
Something is fishy here. First off, I checked out twice and it was a rent-a-cop who checked me out both times. Second, didn't I read above that this nonsense actually started back in Foxboro? What are the odds that the same cop or rent-a-cop made trouble about Glocks at both shows? [thinking]

I'd love to hear an explanation from Mister "Plaid Shirt" about what the Hell is going on.

Well after reading what happened at the show yesterday I will not be going today!

Ditto, I was on the fence about going. Glad I missed the last few, now I'll be sure to miss the next few as well...

Something is fishy here. First off, I checked out twice and it was a rent-a-cop who checked me out both times. Second, didn't I read above that this nonsense actually started back in Foxboro? What are the odds that the same cop or rent-a-cop made trouble about Glocks at both shows? [thinking]

I'd love to hear an explanation from Mister "Plaid Shirt" about what the Hell is going on.

Odds of getting a unicorn that farts rainbows are better than that ever happening. The only thing these promoters understand is money.

No, as Foxboro has one (or maybe two) duty officers at the shows. I was there basically all day Saturday for both Foxboro shows. Spoke with a very cool Sgt on my way out of one of the shows (his boss was my instructor in the police academy ages ago).

The rent-a-cops are unique to the Marlboro location and work for the Royal Trade Center . . . and they mandate having a LOT of them for the shows.

Now the complaining customer may well have been at both shows or the rent-a-cop from Marlboro attended as a civilian/paying customer at Foxboro earlier in the month and decided to push his muscle and <lack of> knowledge at the show on his home turf.

There are 3 staff members who have been working these shows for >20 years, Carole, her Husband and another person/partner. Unsure which one is her Husband but one of these afore-mentioned males is the "plaid shirt" and none of them really do internet forums so you will never hear from them on this issue. The younger, thin, tall fellow is somewhat new to the mix and from conversation with him in Foxboro he isn't from MA (likely also NY) and would be clueless about our laws. Of course if someone gave them a copy of that unsigned/undated FRB/EOPS memo, I could see this blowing up the way it did.

well, I went this morning. I didn't bring anything in to check at the door. I bought a couple of magazines for one of my hand guns and saw a buddy of mine there who had some tables selling outdoor hiking and survival stuff.

I saw a nice rifle there I would have liked to buy but didn't bring that much cash. So maybe I'll hit their shop in a week or two and see if they still have it. I like the layout better at this show as opposed to the Wilmington show. It was easier for to keep track of the tables so I could view them all. I wasn't able to make the Foxboro show so can't comment on that.

I took rt 20 out but decided to take the pike back down to 128. I passed under what looked to be sets of cameras across the road staring down at the drivers. What is that about?

I took rt 20 out but decided to take the pike back down to 128. I passed under what looked to be sets of cameras across the road staring down at the drivers. What is that about?

open road tolling transponders to finally get rid of the booths, and cameras to catch those who don't pay

I passed under what looked to be sets of cameras across the road staring down at the drivers. What is that about?

It's part of the Pike's new electronic "no tollbooth" plan to collect tolls. Once those are up across the pike they plan to start dismantling the toll booths. As a side note there has been talk on using these to ticket people who speed as they can track from when you get on to when you get off an off ramp. For safety of course.....

http://www.telegram.com/article/20160123/NEWS/160129576

open road tolling transponders to finally get rid of the booths, and cameras to catch those who don't pay

It's part of the Pike's new electronic "no tollbooth" plan to collect tolls. Once those are up across the pike they plan to start dismantling the toll booths. As a side note there has been talk on using these to ticket people who speed as they can track from when you get on to when you get off an off ramp. For safety of course.....

Thank you.

Pulling over for 5-10 minutes and checking the news on NES should easily fix that issue.

As a side note there has been talk on using these to ticket people who speed as they can track from when you get on to when you get off an off ramp. For safety of course.....

they can do that already. Tickets are time stamped and fast/easy pass transponders are too so if they wanted to ticket people they could have been doing it for years and years now.

Got there at 10 today, no line and the place seemed kind of dead. Only one I can compare it to is the one in foxboro a couple months back. Now that I actually have a tiny bit of knowledge and able to know what things normally cost, I walked away having saved a little cash on some mags, a holster, and some ammo even. There seemed to be more "cash price" numbers on guns which I liked, and even though very tempted with a few revolvers, kept most of my money to spend another day. Plenty of Glock 22's with preban mags that look like they've been used pretty heavily, exactly the kind of glock everyone's looking for.

Having just read that article and viewed the map of where these are located, I've come to a conclusion.

- This is to increase the tolls for people using the toll roads! Instead of paying one or two times on the road, you will get zapped each time you pass one of those sensors. You can be sure that the total between any two entry/exit points will be higher than it is now.

- Those without transponders will get surcharged not once per trip, but once per sensor that they pass. That will get expensive fast and force them to get transponder (the end goal).

In a typical display of arrogance, the pike just assumes (knows) the "review" of the tolls will conclude they are needed, and is not delaying any of this new tech stuff pending a determination if the tolls stay in place.

And the nonsense in the article about "tolls based on miles, not number of exit" - that's how the differing tolls between exits are determined.

I think the real reason for open road tolling is to make it as easy to use as a non-toll road, so that "problems with the tollbooths" (delays, accidents, etc.) can never be used as a justification for removing tolls. Plus, the fact that the expensive equipment exists (no doubt with a long term contract to a favored vendor), helps assures tolls stay in place forever.

Wow all this over a Glock Guess the plaid shirt didn't see the post ban 100rd drum mags to bitch about either.

As a side note there has been talk on using these to ticket people who speed as they can track from when you get on to when you get off an off ramp. For safety of course.....

I probably had just received my first computer, an Apple IIC, when I first heard adults talking about the high probability of this happening on the Pike. Others on this forum were probably still in diapers. It's a meme that just won't die. [rofl] It gives people something to get hysterical over, I guess.

-Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom