Marlboro April 23-24

Saw something interesting / disturbing while I was there around noonish. One of the vendors, nice kid, was arguing with someone (tall older guy, glasses, plaid shirt). It was getting heated. After a minute the vendor reached into his glass case and took out a couple of Glocks and put them under the counter. Couldn't hear what they were arguing about, but I can guess. Older guy was being a dick.

Anyone else see it?
Something weird was going on there today. Don't know how it all started but it ended with three Marlboro cops eventually appearing to shut down the tables of the vendor I believe you're talking about. Beyond that, I wouldn't want to say anything more in a public forum.

It was the show promoter pointing out that new Glocks are not approved by the AG for sale to civilians even though on the EOPS list. It got heated and the cops were in attendance

Got there around 10:45. No crowd, easy parking, walk right in. The aisles were pretty uncrowded as well. Picked up a few things, ran into some people I knew. All in all a good take. I didn't see the altercation with the vendor. I did see a Marlboro cruiser out front when I left but didn't think much of it. I did notice that ammo prices were a bit down and actually quite reasonable (AE 9mm $10/box).

got there awhile before it opened. looked rather sparse or maybe a row of tables were missing also some tables empty. the ammo guy in the middle had only about half of what he normally has (was there another show somewhere?). got through and was out by 10:20. picked up some AR parts at a good price, Unique for $24 and a mag for a rifle at less than Marlin's price. good day at the show even though I didn't find the dealer I went to see, table was empty where he was in Jan.

Maybe my imagination but the isles looked a little shorter than usual. My guess is there were 5% less tables, and about 10 % less crowd and 10% less gun related tables.

It was the show promoter pointing out that new Glocks are not approved by the AG for sale to civilians even though on the EOPS list. It got heated and the cops were in attendance

I know who that guy is, I was talking with him when I set up our table at the April Foxboro show, he works for Carole (promoter). Odd thing is now they CAN legally sell new Glocks to any LEO, no department letters required.

Very well could have been another much bigger show in PA, if they coincide, there are usually missing vendors and tables as they always opt for the bigger show (without restrictions on what can be sold too).

Got there early Got some small items and a free float tube. Should have bought the 450 Dillon vender on back wall had for $80 but forgot to go back after I thought about it. My loss. Powder was decent price and all over the place, but $38/1000 for primers was high to me. Decent show

I know who that guy is, I was talking with him when I set up our table at the April Foxboro show, he works for Carole (promoter). Odd thing is now they CAN legally sell new Glocks to any LEO, no department letters required.

Very well could have been another much bigger show in PA, if they coincide, there are usually missing vendors and tables as they always opt for the bigger show (without restrictions on what can be sold too).

Let me get this straight. The shows promoter called the police on one of his own vendors?

Freaking awesome display of support of the second amendment by the promotor....

That same promoter said I couldn't have a Glock in my display, I told him it was from 1990 and was pre owned in Mass and also I display not sell, it was a privately owned Glock. I was told that it is illegal for any civilian to possess a Glock no matter how old it is and if it is on the list or not and I would have to remove it. I told him he was wrong and he should talk the people at the FRB table.
He came back about an hour later and apologized and said he was wrong. Mine was not for sale, besides I am not a dealer and pre-ban glocks can be possessed (ya think?)

[rules]

Let me get this straight. The shows promoter called the police on one of his own vendors?

Freaking awesome display of support of the second amendment by the promotor....

The only "amendment" that the promoter worships is the "making money amendment"! [laugh]

On a serious note, if a vendor threatens anyone and she finds out about it, she will permanently ban them from her shows and throw them out. I've seen her do it.

[STRIKE=undefined]We don't know what happened and so anything is speculation. For all we know a mole from the AG's office might have set the guy up and he offered to sell to him, then the mole may have involved the police and promoter . . . perfectly possible and again, we do not know what caused that to happen. [/STRIKE]

ETA: Based on Ben's post above.

Last edited:
From my vantage point at the show, it was much lighter than usual in attendance. The line outside was gone by 9:30, usually there is still one at 11 am. By 12:30 the place was a ghost town.
Be interested to see how it is tomorrow.

The problem here is too many shows too close together in time and too close together in locations and Sturbridge if next weekend. Of course the Sturbridge show is more antique and C&R guns. Still worth the trip.

That same promoter said I couldn't have a Glock in my display, I told him it was from 1990 and was pre owned in Mass and also I display not sell, it was a privately owned Glock. I was told that it is illegal for any civilian to possess a Glock no matter how old it is and if it is on the list or not and I would have to remove it. I told him he was wrong and he should talk the people at the FRB table.
He came back about an hour later and apologized and said he was wrong. Mine was not for sale, besides I am not a dealer and pre-ban glocks can be possessed (ya think?)

[rules]

Aha! Sounds like he was on a jihad with typical gun dealer mis-information, scratch my earlier speculation. You did good having him verify that he was full of shit!

All I know about him is that he is "foreign" to the MA area, as I gave him directions to the hotel he was staying at in Norwood when I was setting up in Foxboro.

One thing that Carole does NOT need is someone on her staff playing "cop" about what is legal in MA! She'll piss off even more vendors than she already has and end up with an empty table show. They all talk amongst themselves and calling the police on a vendor who argued with this ignorant guy won't go over well with the rest of the vendors. I've spoken with numerous vendors who quit her shows due to issues with her in the past.

I got there around 9:30am and was surprised to see easy parking and no line at all. There were a bunch of empty tables and not a lot of people in the aisles. I'm thinking people are getting burned out of gun shows. Lot of vendors sitting around with not many people around. The guy who does the ear plugs wasn't there, but a lot of the same vendors were with their typical stuff. Decent show but I left without buying a thing.

Powder was decent price and all over the place, but $38/1000 for primers was high to me. Decent show

There was a dealer, Bulldog Ammo, or something like that, selling all varieties of CCI primers for $31 and some change per 1000.

Best Wishes

Saw something interesting / disturbing while I was there around noonish. One of the vendors, nice kid, was arguing with someone (tall older guy, glasses, plaid shirt). It was getting heated. After a minute the vendor reached into his glass case and took out a couple of Glocks and put them under the counter. Couldn't hear what they were arguing about, but I can guess. Older guy was being a dick.

Anyone else see it?

Good Evening Everyone,

Seeing as it has been addressed, I feel it necessary to clarify prior to the spread of the already rampant disinformation being spread by a coalition of dealers who complained long and loud enough that things came to a head today. I am the person referred to as the "nice kid." My name is Andrew and I have been doing shows with my father, Tony, since I was in diapers. In my short 27 years I have seen the shows transform from a family-like atmosphere with dealers who work together to provide the best we can to something much more dark and disturbing.

As for today's event. The facts are as straightforward as I can present them. At the Foxboro Show, we were ordered to take the Glocks off the table by the gentleman in the "plaid shirt." The only information offered was that someone in Foxboro had taken issue with them. We complied and discontinued the displaying of the Glocks. Today we placed the Glocks back in the case and he again took issue with it but said that so long as no complaint was voiced, we could continue to display them. A few hours into the show, he approached us saying that a customer complained that we were breaking the law. When asked what law the customer said we were breaking, he wouldn't answer and told us to just take them off the table. We again complied. A short time later, someone summoned the Marlboro Police to the show to review what we were doing. The extremely polite and professional officer reviewed what we were doing and did not take issue. At this time, an employee of the man in the "plaid shirt" insisted we return the Glocks to the table. Unyielding, the gentleman with the "plaid shirt" returned to the table and began yelling that I was disobeying him. While trying to explain that we were told to put them back in he told me he would do things the hard way and made some form of a hand and face gesture to me.

Within a few minutes, one of his employees arrived with three police officers and informed us that even though he personally agreed with us, the "plaid shirt" man wanted us to leave the show. This was his right as promoted and we complied. The three police officers observed us packing up and when I asked his employee about their presence, he replied that the "plaid shirt" man had made some form of mention of fear of us. At no time did we threaten anyone and we left without incident.

My father and I cannot thank all of our loyal customers and the scores of conversationalists over the years for the experiences and memories. We hope to see everyone in the future. Though we were asked by his employee to consider returning to another show, we have thought about this and will not be returning to the Newmart Promotions Inc. shows even if we are (which I feel safe in believing we aren't) welcome back.

Best Wishes To All and Happy Shooting!
The A.P. Martinello Quality Firearms team of Tony and Andrew

Last edited:
Sad that out-of-towners who know nothing of our gun laws listen to customer who know just as little and cause a scene.

Your being thrown out of the show will have repercussions and I expect some other vendors to bail out on her shows too. These shows are nothing special . . . the ones in PA make the MA shows look like a clubhouse gun show, so there are plenty of other places more productive, no restrictive gun law BS, etc. (at least for those that aren't selling only guns since BATFE restricts FFLs to only sell at shows in their licensed state).

That is a damn shame Andrew, sorry to hear this. I find it pathetic that this happens and all because of some misinformed or uninformed people. If we let this stuff continue to happen in this state, then the AG gets her way a little bit more at a time each time they con-volute the laws more and more. These anti's in power just chip away and keep chipping away. It really is a shame that the AG doesn't concentrate more on prosecuting actual criminals committing real crimes against people instead of thinking they are doing some kind of good banning certain black guns that they think are scary. I just hear today that a customer was told by an employee at a gun shop near me that he could not own a Glock and that it was illegal to possess it. People are losing their minds.
Best of luck Andrew to you and your dad.

Sad that out-of-towners who know nothing of our gun laws listen to customer who know just as little and cause a scene.

Your being thrown out of the show will have repercussions and I expect some other vendors to bail out on her shows too. These shows are nothing special . . . the ones in PA make the MA shows look like a clubhouse gun show, so there are plenty of other places more productive, no restrictive gun law BS, etc. (at least for those that aren't selling only guns since BATFE restricts FFLs to only sell at shows in their licensed state).

More importantly, why are WE supporting these people (show promotors) with our hard earned money when they obviously have so little regard for US?

I thought it was a good show. I found some rare ammo and there are some really nice leather holsters made in Massachusetts down near the concession stands.

Who is the pussy that felt the need to rat on the guys with the Glocks ? Some men can be such bitches, you know what I mean ?
Well, that's the question. Mister "Plaid Shirt" may have acted like an ignorant jackass, but something or somebody prompted him to do so. The vendor in question has been working these shows for years without incident. I've bought from them in the past and I think they are great people. I hope to find another way to continue to do business with them.

Sounds like this lunacy started back at the last Foxboro show. Who is, or are, the mystery complainers? Was it really just your average everyday show attendee? Or was it someone out to make trouble? Someone who took the time and trouble to troll both shows over this issue apparently? Or could it have been a vendor with an agenda? Anybody see Ted the Rat at the show? [thinking]

Either way, it sucks. I'm sure we'll be hearing more about this issue with yet another show coming next weekend.

Andrew you and your Dad are a class act and after having a table next to you at the first Foxboro show I have to say, very professional, I would certainly buy from you.

I must say that you didn't miss anything after you left, the show was totally dead after noontime, all afternoon it was like a late Sunday afternoon. I believe the plaid shirt guy is from New York like the rest of Newmart crew (to the best of my knowledge)

As I mentioned earlier, there are too many shows too close together/in time, plus the end of school vacation. Worst attendance I have seen.

Can you OC a Gen4 Glock at the show? I wasn't planning on going to the show, but I may throw on my USPSA rig and take a stroll.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom