• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro April 23-24

I was planning on the foxboro show as that is really close to me. But I was sick. So I'm planning on going to the Marlboro show. Not sure which day. probably Sunday as soccer season has started. unless the wife can swing both game in that case I would go Saturday.

I think this is the last show (with the exception of Springfield) before the long break until Fall shows. I'll probably go Sunday.

New guy here...In your opinion is it worth going to this show if I was just at the foxboro show? I mean are there more/different vendors or likely some different items? Thanks!

New guy here...In your opinion is it worth going to this show if I was just at the foxboro show? I mean are there more/different vendors or likely some different items? Thanks!
You likely see some of the same vendors but there will also be more since it is a much larger venue. Also some of those at Foxboro will have more wares since they can buy more display tables/space. Def worth the trip.

Many people employ either the "get there right when it opens" strategy to get the best deals. Others prefer the "get there late on the last day" strategy in hopes dealers are more willing to deal as to not have to bring leftover inventory home. What do you guys think?

Many people employ either the "get there right when it opens" strategy to get the best deals. Others prefer the "get there late on the last day" strategy in hopes dealers are more willing to deal as to not have to bring leftover inventory home. What do you guys think?

Getting there late on last day can screw you because some of the dealers leave early. I think going on the last day can be a good strategy if you're looking for heavy stuff (e.g. bulk ammo) or unusual stuff. I would never go right when they open since its usually a long line and a cattle stampede.

Getting there late on last day can screw you because some of the dealers leave early. I think going on the last day can be a good strategy if you're looking for heavy stuff (e.g. bulk ammo) or unusual stuff. I would never go right when they open since its usually a long line and a cattle stampede.
Good info, getting there right when they open would never happen with my woman even if we tried...

You aren't going to ever beat the dealer to dealer sales that happen before the doors even open..You will find dealers there that have the same crap year after year,so I don't think they are afraid to carry anything home if it doesn't sell at the price they want.

Just know what you want and the price you are willing to pay and you won't leave disappointed.

Stu - It's in your backyard so a lot of folks will be local and/or willing to travel there. I suggest visiting the show, networking with vendors/clubs and judge for yourself. Depending on the price of a table it may be worth it. Also, I've worked other non-gun shows with last minute discount tables due to vendors not showing. Something to ask show staff about.
Good luck

Between Wilmington and Marlboro it's a tough call to which I prefer more.

More stuff than Foxboro a few weeks back. Mostly more of the same. Crowded, but could move around OK. A bunch of Norinco SKS's for $399.

I got some Swedish 6.5, cleaning supplies and a few paper targets.

Saw something interesting / disturbing while I was there around noonish. One of the vendors, nice kid, was arguing with someone (tall older guy, glasses, plaid shirt). It was getting heated. After a minute the vendor reached into his glass case and took out a couple of Glocks and put them under the counter. Couldn't hear what they were arguing about, but I can guess. Older guy was being a dick.

Anyone else see it?

Saw something interesting / disturbing while I was there around noonish. One of the vendors, nice kid, was arguing with someone (tall older guy, glasses, plaid shirt). It was getting heated. After a minute the vendor reached into his glass case and took out a couple of Glocks and put them under the counter. Couldn't hear what they were arguing about, but I can guess. Older guy was being a dick.

Anyone else see it?

" DON'T YOU KNOW GLOCKS ARE ILLEGAL IN MA!?!"

Anyone else see it?

So... Busy-body Buttinski lecturing on the legality of [shocked] Glocks [shocked]???

Back
Top Bottom