Manville 8/16 Out of your comfort zone

The interpretation of rules surrounding shooting boxes has been a problematic for years & really needs to be clarified in the Rulebook. If you play the scenario backwards, was I in the box firing shots 7&8?
if not then the assumption is I was out of the box and no fault.

While a box is just a bunch of fault lines, I think it need to be more specific in the book.

Anyway, it is & was a mute point because during the walkthrough, It was demonstrated as acceptable.
Crying about it now is a waste of time, (but fun!)

No one likes to be accused of cheating, least of all me.
Matt has done so here.
My advice to you guys is better WSB's, rather than pissing contests after the match................

So revo's next month?

Since the box is just fault lines, then shooting 7&8 with your foot over the fault line (inside the box) incurs a penalty as would shooting 1-6 with your foot over the fault line (outside the box) would also incur penalties

I know my WSB are weak, as are my stage designs. I don't mind people ripping them apart because I will learn how to build better stages

anyways, lets get this thread back on track, I don't want to derail you and Matt making fun of each other.

Matt, I have never liked the tape on the ground to define shooting areas but I accept it as necessary. You are right, I was not at this particular match and probably have no right to comment on it. I have a huge amount of respect for you as a competitor and more so as a contributor to the sport. I am truly sorry disparaging you or the matches that you work so hard to produce. I try to help with setup, RO, and tear-down when I can but it is NOTHING compared to actually running the match from month to month, year to year.

I thank you.

As for the past incident you cite, I must admit that your memory is probably much better than mine. I vaguely remember the match, however I don't recall my being the nexus of the situation.

Again, I apologize, I feel awful, and I will shake you hand and tell you that to your face next time I see you.

Respectfully, Michael.

I know my WSB are weak, as are my stage designs. I don't mind people ripping them apart because I will learn how to build better stages

anyways, lets get this thread back on track, I don't want to derail you and Matt making fun of each other.

BS Mike- I remember your stages from many matches ago- they are great.

I have no direct interest in the match results or the rule(s) that may or may not have been broken. But this thread brings up some strong feelings. This is a sport that is run by voluteers...almost entirely. We do this for fun and enjoy the good competition. We have good times ribbing each other and sometimes things go over the top.

Having been both a competitor and a contributor to these sports- just like everyone here, it's not a perfect world. Mistakes get made and sometime people take advatage of the situation. I've made bad calls, designed stages that were flawed and probably have rec'd the benefit of an SO/RO's "bad" call. At the end of the day- we all know the level of shooting we are capable of- rules aside. Striving to do the best we can do to organize and run a match is all one can ask for. I personally may have issues with some folks from time to time, but let's not totally trash each other. As an SO/RO/MD there is nothing more demotivating that having someone bust my balls and tell me I sucked at running or building a stage... Wouldn't it suck if we all just stopped because in the end... someone will just complain?

Now... if I stepped in the middle of some friendly bantering... I apologize for getting all weird! You can carry on like this post didn't exist. And... just for Matt... [cheers]

Michael,
I appreciate all the guys & gals hard work at all the matches I attend .
If I was shooting open, great stage,
L10, Production, single stack, revolver, not so much.
Name a stage at Area 7 that allowed 14 shots from any one view, enough said.
You & I both know the fastest way to shoot that one, I couldn't do it due to magazine capacity.
Understanding the rationale of good course design goes deeper than the rulebook.

As for the boxes, argue all day, RO's says we can do it, it's part of the day, end of the story.
(same stage Box B was part of FFZ????) ....

PS
No fault lines in IDPA, just "cover", much smaller rulebook too.......

Michael,
I appreciate all the guys & gals hard work at all the matches I attend .
If I was shooting open, great stage,
L10, Production, single stack, revolver, not so much.
Name a stage at Area 7 that allowed 14 shots from any one view, enough said.
You & I both know the fastest way to shoot that one, I couldn't do it due to magazine capacity.
Understanding the rationale of good course design goes deeper than the rulebook.

There is no doubt that my stage was Open gun friendly, but most are. But everyone had the choice to either engage only the steel but then having to do a standing reload or take harder shots on multiple paper and not having to do a standing reload. I want people to have to make choices, weight the pros and cons, have to either make hard shots or move for easy shots.

Matts stage was great. looking at it, it looked very straight forward, but there were many different ways to shoot it. Do I run to box B shoot the paper static and faster, but waste time moving, or shoot on the move, riskier, but saving time. There were 3 to 4 ways to shoot than in Open alone...

I still have alot to learn about building stages, sometime they work out as I planned, sometimes not.

As for the revolver...for me shooting those wheel guns is a big stretch..LOL,

46Animated%20Chickenchicken%2016.jpg

I also guess Mike Janus' score sheet wasn't included, Mike if you're out there and have your yellow copy, can you email me the score totals?
I have been through the pile of score sheets and the car, and it's not in there.[/QUOTE]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt - I sent you Mike J's scores.

Donna

After Nationals, I may put the 625 away for a LITTLE while and play in Production, or maybe L10, or even Limited with my Para P16 LDA.

I like the LDA, it's kinda like a revo, but holds more...

Back
Top Bottom