Mansfield (MA) F&G Protective Assn

Absolutely it should have never been brought public, but if someone is attacked publicly then the rebuttal(s) need to be public, and as I said before Blues508 should have thought of that.

Respectfully,

jkelly

If we have to pull and eye for an eye...then so be it. But it went on for a long time..were it could have been taken off line. I hear people talking at the shows. I'm sure that .50 BMG does as well at his tables.

I shouldn't have to explain to people that our club isn't in dissaray. But I do, because people read this stuff on the board. We may not have 200 yard ranges. But how many clubs let the members do what they can at our club? We have a lot of knowlegable members, we have a lot of feedoms, and I don't want to see people shy away because of stupid stuff on a board.

C-Pher, I assure you that the CAS will continue as I said in an earlier thread. We just need someone to step forward. Things will work out and we will grow as a club, thats important. The bottom line is we all should be enjoying the sport we love, shooting of various disciplines.

I hope not. I didn't shoot the Black Powder, but I would go and help, or check them out. It was fun to watch. I loved looking that the rifles that Paul made. I never made it to a Action Pistol shoot because they were pulled before I could make one.

I would love to see people step up for all the shoots that we once had. If I knew enough about it, I would...but if I don't have the time this year to even shoot a match...how would I run one? I've missed all the matches that I usually go too...

I think that we need to build some interest in our club again. Egg Shoots, Pin and Plates, things that are quick and easy, that will give us some money for the club.

If, and that's a big IF...I can find the time. And I have enough notice..I will assist on running a shoot of that nature. I just don't have the time to deal with a CAS match. That's weeks on both sides of the match to prepare, build stages, set up said stages, shoot, pick up stages, score, and mail out results.

I've said that we should have shows, swap meets, dinners... We need something to get the juices flowing in this club.

If we have to pull and eye for an eye...then so be it. But it went on for a long time..were it could have been taken off line. C-Pher---
It’s not an eye for an eye, it’s refuting a slanderous attack full of half truths and lies on the President and the club. If you really want the discussion out of the public domain then perhaps you might stop publicly posting about it. (Not to be construed as a slap)

Lies left in the public domain, disproved, will be believed. I think it’s better for the club that the public sees that MFG has President that is honest, has integrity and wants to do good things for the club then to believe a dishonest post by a disgruntled CAS shooter who wishes to blame his sport’s problems on others.

What the public also needs to know is that the club has contributed range time, allowed CAS as many shooting dates as it wants, it allowed CAS the use of the club house and kitchen and has advanced CAS monies so that CAS could purchase it's range equipment.

If someone wants to bring their shooting sport to the MFG, I'm sure the club would support them as well.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Last edited:
It’s not an eye for an eye, it’s refuting a slanderous attack full of half truths and lies on the President and the club. If you really want the discussion out of the public domain then perhaps you might stop publicly posting about it. (Not to be construed as a slap)

And I agree. The President and I have spoken on PM. I thought the same thing after I pressed submit. But my concerns aren't about the people, or CAS, it's about how we're starting to look as a club.

Lies left in the public domain, disproved, will be believed. I think it’s better for the club that the public sees that MFG has President that is honest, has integrity and wants to do good things for the club then to believe a dishonest post by a disgruntled CAS shooter who wishes to blame his sport’s problems on others.

I think that that's fine. But again, it went on for sometime...back and forth. That happened between Fred and I sometime ago. I asked that that be removed from the forum because it's not something that needed to be posted... It was.

My point, I'm not sure why we're the only club on here that seems to do this???

What the public also needs to know is that the club has contributed range time, allowed CAS as many shooting dates as it wants, it allowed CAS the use of the club house and kitchen and has advanced CAS monies so that CAS could purchase it's range equipment.

If someone wants to bring their shooting sport to the MFG, I'm sure the club would support them as well.

I'm sure that it would. As I said...CAS was the only function going on currently at the club. Other than that, we have the Turkey Shoot once a year. CAS, no matter what people do or don't have against it, was the only money maker in the club. I can see why people are upset that it's gone. For whatever reason it might be.

How else are we suposed to have a shoot without using Range Time? I would think that it's expected. I think that most people that shoot, know that events need range time...range closures. We're not as big as clubs like Harvard that have their own pits. But, while it was closed...the Cowboy Shoots brought a lot of people from all over. It was one of the largest non-state shoots around. And gave a lot of money to this club.

I know that I'm not helping by posting...so this will be the last post by me on this topic. Feel free to PM me if you would like to keep talking.

Chris,
Solving the problem is simple, CAS needs to stop blaming non-CAS shooters for their own problems and to motivate their members to do some work.

If you PM me I’ll be more then happy to give you some insight on what the next CAS Chairman can do to not alienate non-CAS shooters.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Damn...you're just baiting me, aren't you?

Buy your standards, I have to respond to this...as that last statement isn't fair, nor entirely true.

That's a pretty general statement that doesn't hold much light. As a CAS Shooter for Mansfield, I can tell you that we don't blame the general club for problems with our shoots. Hell, they are very successfully, and as I said, make a lot of money for the club. The words of one member doesn't speak for the whole group.

Yes, we have asked for others in the club to help set up by saying in the meetings, "The Cowboy shoot is on X date. Remember, you don't have to be a SASS member to help out or even shoot. Anyone can come down and precipitate."

And, as someone that's set up over 20 of these shoots, we get enough people to set these up and tear them down. Granted I haven't been for the last 4, so I won't, nor can't speak for how many people came to help out. But I do know that every shoot has been well attended except for the last because people thought it was canceled due to rain.

That I don't see as blaming anyone. As for Alan's daughter helping out? Well, she's been helping out for about two years now...but that's partly because she shoots the matches as well. So that wasn't a fair statement.

If you want the truth on why there's no CAS now at Mansfield, I suggest you speak to Alan directly. Your statement isn't entirely true on why there's no CAS Chairman. And making assumptions without speaking to him isn't fair to the club, or Alan.

ETA: I just want add that I have a lot of respect for jkelly. And don't want anyone to think differently. If anything, he should be upset with me because he's been offering to help me with my fly casting. And, I haven't have time to breath, let alone do any fishing...

Last edited:
Damn...you're just baiting me, aren't you?---C-Pher
No, but I am tired of listening to CAS members complain about the lack of support by non-CAS members.

Buy your standards, I have to respond to this...as that last statement isn't fair, nor entirely true.---C-Pher
What part of my post is “nor (not) entirely true”

Yes, I think my statement is true. More then one CAS member has blamed the non-CAS membership for the long set up time and take down time. CAS members have complained about lack of support from the club which has given them as much as any club I’ve seen give any shooting program.

That's a pretty general statement that doesn't hold much light. As a CAS Shooter for Mansfield, I can tell you that we don't blame the general club for problems with our shoots. The words of one member doesn't speak for the whole group.---C-Pher
I no more speak for all CAS members then you do. But to refute your statement, I’d suggest you see above!

Yes, we have asked for others in the club to help set up by saying in the meetings, "The Cowboy shoot is on X date. Remember, you don't have to be a SASS member to help out or even shoot. Anyone can come down and precipitate."---C-Pher
Soliciting help as opposed to suggesting or implying help is owed to CAS because CAS makes money, as often happens, are two very different things.

And, as someone that's set up over 20 of these shoots, we get enough people to set these up and tear them down. Granted I haven't been for the last 4, so I won't, nor can't speak for how many people came to help out. But I do know that every shoot has been well attended except for the last because people thought it was canceled due to rain.---C-Pher
Evidently the number between your “enough” and how many people CAS wants is different, as you say above CAS solicits more help then it gets. CAS members do complain about the lack of non-CAS shooters support.

I made no reference as to the lack of shooters attending the last CAS event.

That I don't see as blaming anyone. As for Alan's daughter helping out? Well, she's been helping out for about two years now...but that's partly because she shoots the matches as well. So that wasn't a fair statement.---
CAS members do blame non-CAS shooters for their problems, see above. As for Alan’s daughter (a very sweet child!) helping set up, well I didn’t make that statement.

If you want the truth on why there's no CAS now at Mansfield, I suggest you speak to Alan directly. Your statement isn't entirely true on why there's no CAS Chairman. And making assumptions without speaking to him isn't fair to the club, or Alan.---C-Pher
What part of my statement isn’t entirely true?

My understanding is that there is no CAS at MF&G (at this time) because Alan quit and no one who “cares” about CAS stepped up to take his place. If that is incorrect could you please explain to me how my assumption is wrong? I mean he did leave (by choice right?) and CAS was put on hold because no one has stepped up, right?

My only statement regarding Alan’s resignation (his CAS resignation not necessarily his other resignations) and my only judgment of Alan’s actions was that he left CAS hanging by not finding a replacement before he quit. I’ve made no statement as to why Alan quit, and quite frankly (as long as it’s not a personal or a family problem) I don’t really care.

As I said in my last post, should you care to PM me, I’d be happy to send you some insight on what I think the next CAS Chairman (YOU?) can do (as) to not alienate non-CAS shooters. I’ve listened to non-CAS shooters complain about CAS for several years and think I might have a little insight. Maybe it’s not relevant, I don’t know.

But, of all the MF&G members that I know, I believe that YOU CHRIS would make a truly GREAT CAS Chairman. Think about it!

Edit:Sorry BMG I only saw your post after posting.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Last edited:
Mod Hat On!

OK, enough of the back and forth on what happened and why it happened.

Any further discussion along this line will be deleted without warning.

The rest of this laundry should be aired at the club (meetings) and personal discussions to get CAS back "on track" at MF&G. Anyone that wants to step up and volunteer will be more than welcome by the BOD and officers of MF&G.

Thank you.

I just want add that I have a lot of respect for jkelly. And don't want anyone to think differently.---C-Pher
C-Pher, the feeling of respect is mutual, you big lug! :)

Respectfully,

jkelly

Is the meeting on tomorrow night? As it's Halloween, and I have kids... I don't see me making this meeting. I will be taking my kids trick-or-treating.

I still need to make arrangements to pay my dues as I haven't made the last two meetings.

I will try my damndest to make the next Board meeting as I want to bring someone that's looking to join. If possible, I will bring my dues at that time...

If it's needed before, let me know and we can work out a time were I can meet someone. I know that I'm working with Ted at BPS, but I'm not when we're both on...and I don't have a renewal form.

C-pher, I guess you don't check the website, right?

We moved the BOD meeting to TONIGHT!

Next Members Meeting is 11/7 as originally scheduled. Locks change at December meeting.

Mil-Surp Shoot is on tonight's agenda for approval!

Is the meeting on tomorrow night? As it's Halloween, and I have kids... I don't see me making this meeting. I will be taking my kids trick-or-treating.

I still need to make arrangements to pay my dues as I haven't made the last two meetings.

I will try my damndest to make the next Board meeting as I want to bring someone that's looking to join. If possible, I will bring my dues at that time...

If it's needed before, let me know and we can work out a time were I can meet someone. I know that I'm working with Ted at BPS, but I'm not when we're both on...and I don't have a renewal form.

Len,

I think we need to re-establish the milk carton again. What do you think?

C-Pher - Humor was and is intended for this post- Richard [laugh2][rofl]

Len,

I think we need to re-establish the milk carton again. What do you think?

C-Pher - Humor was and is intended for this post- Richard [laugh2][rofl]

Oh yea, I know. But it's true... I'm working around 80-90 hours a week. So I'm a little short for time. I do have off next Wednesday, so I don't see why I can't make it.

Rich, it'll have to be a wrap-around picture! [laugh2]

At least people would miss me enough to put me on a carton. [devil2]

We're still good for tomorrow, right? I took the night off of work, so I could be there with bells on and money in my hand. If not, then I'm going to go into work and make some money....but if not, I'll be at the meeting.

C-Pher,

Yes C-Pher, there is a meeting tonight. Dinner at 6:30 PM EDT, and Meeting starts at 7 PM EDT. If you need directions, [rofl], they can be found on our website. [laugh]

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Richard

C-Pher,

Yes C-Pher, there is a meeting tonight. Dinner at 6:30 PM EDT, and Meeting starts at 7 PM EDT. If you need directions, [rofl], they can be found on our website. [laugh]

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Richard

Rich,

You forgot to tell him what the website was! [rolleyes]

How do you expect C-pher to be able to find the website?? [thinking]

C-pher, try http://www.mansfieldfish.com

Maybe we'll see you there tonight?

HA HA...

Why waste keystrokes when I can just ask you two nitwits... [smile]

I'm going to be there tonight. Don't you worry your pretty little heads.
Can't say anything about Rich, but I've seen Len's head. We'll have to agree to disagree.[wink][smile]

Can't say anything about Rich, but I've seen Len's head. We'll have to agree to disagree.[wink][smile]

Yea, maybe you're right...

But Stoney. I might have to follow Len's religion, as its quite different. He said that for your sins, all you need is spackle. It's right there in the Holster thread. I can get rid of all my sins with Spackle. It's amazing. I'm heading to Lowes during lunch...

Yea, maybe you're right...

But Stoney. I might have to follow Len's religion, as its quite different. He said that for your sins, all you need is spackle. It's right there in the Holster thread. I can get rid of all my sins with Spackle. It's amazing. I'm heading to Lowes during lunch...

If you plan on using spackle for your sins then you'll need this truck...maybe even several trips.
lowes.jpg
[rofl]

Since MF&G is running a "dues renewal weekend" on 8/23 and 8/24, it's an ideal time for a mini-meet and greet (shoot) at the MF&G range for those NES members who are also MF&G members, after they pay their dues.

I hope to be on the range late Sat. morning, although when I get there is dependent on my completing a job this evening or mid-morning Sat if the guy isn't home this evening.

Hope to see some NES faces tomorrow.

Crap, is it already time to pay dues again??? Didn't we just do that and get a new key??

Man, time flies.

I've got the neighborhood block party this Saturday, and I'm working Sunday.... So this weekend is out for me.

ANd now that I'm working Wednesday NIghts...I'm missing all sorts of information.

I need to pay my dues...I didn't get a letter saying that it was time either....so that's why I'm confused.

I need to pay my dues...I didn't get a letter saying that it was time either....so that's why I'm confused.

I call BS! You are just naturally confused! [smile]

There was a letter sent out, postmarked 7/26 that was printed in huge letters "2009 Membership Renewal Weekend" on the envelope.

We almost never see you at a meeting anyway, so now you have a legit excuse to be put on the milk carton! [laugh]

We almost never see you at a meeting anyway, so now you have a legit excuse to be put on the milk carton! [laugh]
With all the weight he has lost his picture will actually fit on the milk carton.[smile][smile]

Stoney (what don't get to meeting either) Pete

Back
Top Bottom