• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mansfield (MA) F&G Protective Assn

Does anyone know if MF&G have a min age for shooters? I want to get my 8yo son introduced. Also, does it fall under the guest rules (no guests until after 90 days probation) or can I get him his own membership?

Thanks!

Juniors program starts at age 10. If your Son is responsible enough to follow basic safety and range rules under your supervision, it's all good. There is no minimum age at this club.

Gotcha, thanks. It was just a sea of people. Knowing Cindy you'll probably have your badge and passcode by the beginning of next week.

Was hoping to go punch holes this weekend but the membership stuff hasn't come in yet. Poor Cindy has got to be swamped! [laugh]

Oh, well, keep building my range bag and maybe see about hitting up AFS!

Was hoping to go punch holes this weekend but the membership stuff hasn't come in yet. Poor Cindy has got to be swamped! [laugh]

Oh, well, keep building my range bag and maybe see about hitting up AFS!

I hear you. My Wife was in that same group, nothing yet here either. When we were teaching NRA PPOH last weekend my Wife signed in as "Member # TBD" both days. [laugh]

Haha I wonder if that TBD trick would work for shooting on the range... I'm guessing not!

Not really. My Wife usually goes there with me, so guest or member really doesn't matter other than I can't just leave her there and leave until she gets her badge.

I'm wondering if they ran out of the badge material or ink for the printer.

My Wife's badge came in today's Mail, postmarked 4/15 PM so everyone should receive theirs by tomorrow at the latest if they were all sent out together (assumption, I don't know this to be fact).

My wife's came yesterday as well. I was told that they were all expected to be done by this past Saturday and mailed out.

Mine came yesterday as well...Can't wait to get out there and start using it now that the weather has broke...Goodbye indoor range!

OK, so I just had to say I hit MF&G for my first time today and had a blast. Sent a couple hundred of my own downrange and a couple of the gentlemen there helped me get my sights adjusted and offered me some pointers to help with my aim. Got to shoot another member's M&P 15-22 and had a stupid amount of fun doing that.

If you guys are here you know who you are. Thanks again.

Glad I joined, and I'm already wanting to go back.

Looking for an established member to give me and the family a quick tour Sunday afternoon, maybe around 4pm-ish. Anyone available? Thanks.

Kicking myself I didn't get the Foxboro show membership. Didn't make it to April show, and Feb was before we owned anything..

Looking for an established member to give me and the family a quick tour Sunday afternoon, maybe around 4pm-ish. Anyone available? Thanks.

Kicking myself I didn't get the Foxboro show membership. Didn't make it to April show, and Feb was before we owned anything..

PM sent.

The wife and I are new members and still in our probationary status, so unable to host our non-member son just yet. We were wondering if any NES'er/Mansfield member that can host a guest plans on going to the range tomorrow, the 21st, and would be willing to officially host our adult son as a guest.

I was at the Appleseed today and heading back tomorrow. It's a great time and very well managed. I reccomend it. But if you go, definitely read the FAQ's... things like shooting mats, spare magazines, LOTS of ammo ( ~300 shot today. More tomorrow. ) rifle sling... come prepared to get the most of it.

My father in law wants to join but I'm not sure I've been a member long enough to sponsor him. Does anyone know what the rules are for this?

IIRC you have to be a member for 90 days before you can sponsor someone.

A prospective member without a sponsor just has to appear before the BOD meeting (last Wed each month) and then at the next members meeting (1st Wed each month) to get voted in. Anyone with a sponsor only has to attend the members meeting to get voted in.

Thanks, Len. I guess the paperwork says that I have to be a member for a year before I can sponsor. Ah, well. I'll go with him to the BOD meeting next week so he can introduce himself to the group.

It was mentioned at the last meeting that the committee is getting together regularly and a status report is expected at an upcoming meeting.

Whats the latest (guesses or informed) on prospects of the indoor range?

The official answer is that it will be completed "in a year that begins with 2" . . . [rofl]

On a serious note, someone who I think is the committee chair reported taking some measurements with respect to the steel backplate, etc.

I'm looking forward to hearing what is being done, as is every other member.

Some MF&G updates:

- We are now on a FOB system for club access.

- The FOB system on the gate operates differently from the FOB system on the building. It will flash green then go back to red, then you push the gate open manually.

Last night I found some folks were confused and thought that their FOB wasn't working, so they sat by the gate (actually only one had a FOB) waiting for someone else to show up. So I feel that it is important to inform all members of this difference.

- The FOB system on the door to the clubhouse will stay green for some time when you put your FOB near the pad. I'm told this is a different system than the one used on the gate.

- Also no more dinners before the meeting until someone steps up to take over the kitchen duties. Our VP was using vacation time to get there to prepare the meals and his Wife had her days changed so that she could no longer be there as well. So meeting starts at 7PM and no need to get there much earlier for now.

- DSL was voted at last month's meeting and shortly we'll have Internet access at this club so eFA-10s can be done as well as Instructors will be able to access online resources while teaching. Members will all have access to WiFi, so watch your club Emails for details shortly.

Back
Top Bottom