Mansfield (MA) F&G Protective Assn

Excellent, wasn't sure if there were scheduled times for tours or anything. Thanks!

Regrettably it will be dark so wandering around outside probably won't be very practical (unless someone sets up special lighting on the ranges, if so I'm unaware). I sent out a request that someone take pictures of the ranges during the day so we can flash them on the screen during the open house.

There will be pictures of 2 NES/C&R/Mil-Surp/Shoot what you brung shoots from 2008 & 2009 (hope one gets scheduled this year too) plus pictures from the awards ceremony for the juniors program. These are all pictures that I shot at these events. Scouter-Rick should have some additional pictures as well. I know that there will be a cowboy action display as a couple of committee members are big in this area. Unsure what other exhibits/info will be there.

It's a "drop in" type of open house. A bunch of us (members) will be around to answer questions/explain the club. There is a special offer if you want to become a member so you might bring your checkbook if you are interested.

Huge thanks to Rick and Len, as well as the rest of the members, for the great tour and for making me, my wife and our daughter feel so welcome at the open house last night. We look forward to getting to know everyone.

It was great meeting you and your Family. Also the other folks that dropped in, asked questions, took tours and joined up. It's a great group of folks and a well run club.

Here are pictures that I took today of Mansfield F&G, including inside the new clubhouse.

Pics are of the ranges (50 yd, 100 yd and 21 ft training range), archery, picnic area, canoe rack, pathway to the Canoe River.

Hopefully these pics will be visible to all.

http://s581.photobucket.com/user/Len-Pub/slideshow/Mansfield Fish and Game - March 2016

thanks for the pics.. missed the open house last week.. Didn't know you had archery and boating.. I assume you have fishing too.. the new website looks good..

thanks for the pics.. missed the open house last week.. Didn't know you had archery and boating.. I assume you have fishing too.. the new website looks good..

Fishing is on the Canoe River and I'm told that some members use that path to fish from the river banks as well.

Thanks for the pictures Len and great to know about the fishing, my daughter was mad I didn't ask about that while we were there.

Just a quick note:

Anyone who shows up at tonight's meeting to join (bring application and waiver) will get the same deal of a flat $100.00 for membership thru the end of our member year (8/31).

7PM is the meeting time at the club.

SPECIAL MEMBERSHIP PROMOTION

Mansfield F&G will be offering a special membership promotion at the Foxboro Gun Show on April 2&3, 2016. For those that sign up at the gun show, the cost for the year (ending September 1st) is only $100.00. Payment can be made by check or cash. You will be given a receipt to bring to the members meeting on Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 7PM and be voted in at that meeting. The "show" will be your sponsor.

Gun Show Info:

Demetri's Function Facility
2 Washington Street, Route 1
Foxboro, MA 02035
508-668-7200
April 2 & 3, 2016
Saturday 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Sunday 9:00 A.M. -3:00 P.M.
325 tables
http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/loc/fox/FOXBORO.htm

Directions and Dealer Flier:
http://northeastgunshows.org/loc/fox/16FOXBORO_APRIL16.pdf

$1 off coupon (good at ALL shows):
http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/library/all-coupon w-background.gif

It should be $12/person before the coupon.

Last edited:
Len, my brother joined @ the last meeting, did his orientation that night, and hes been there 6 or 7 times already. A member let him shoot his AR, some others innundated him with requests for him to fire their guns, and they all wanted to try his G43 lol.
He has since gone FR, purchased a brand new H&K VP9 (he tried someones there, I figured it was yours!) and has been talking about an AR build already. Cant say enough about the place.

Len, my brother joined @ the last meeting, did his orientation that night, and hes been there 6 or 7 times already. A member let him shoot his AR, some others innundated him with requests for him to fire their guns, and they all wanted to try his G43 lol.
He has since gone FR, purchased a brand new H&K VP9 (he tried someones there, I figured it was yours!) and has been talking about an AR build already. Cant say enough about the place.

It wasn't me but I've been shooting there almost not at all. I went there to clean 3 rifles (2 had FTF/FTE issues) and test fire them a few weeks ago and ran out of time after cleaning. Finally did get to shoot two of the rifles and sight them in yesterday as I had divorce papers to serve in Mansfield and met another NES'r to give him a tour of the club. Both cleaned rifles performed well. But I didn't bring any handguns yesterday.

Yes, once you get started shooting it becomes addictive. Guns start to multiply like rabbits.

It wasn't me but I've been shooting there almost not at all. I went there to clean 3 rifles (2 had FTF/FTE issues) and test fire them a few weeks ago and ran out of time after cleaning. Finally did get to shoot two of the rifles and sight them in yesterday as I had divorce papers to serve in Mansfield and met another NES'r to give him a tour of the club. Both cleaned rifles performed well. But I didn't bring any handguns yesterday.

Yes, once you get started shooting it becomes addictive. Guns start to multiply like rabbits.

That other NES'r was me.

Thanks Len for your time, showing me the club and what is has to offer.

Nice place.

See you folks at the show. This will be last call on this special promotion.

SPECIAL MEMBERSHIP PROMOTION

Mansfield F&G will be offering a special membership promotion at the Foxboro Gun Show on April 2&3, 2016. For those that sign up at the gun show, the cost for the year (ending September 1st) is only $100.00. Payment can be made by check or cash. You will be given a receipt to bring to the members meeting on Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 7PM and be voted in at that meeting. The "show" will be your sponsor.

Gun Show Info:

Demetri's Function Facility
2 Washington Street, Route 1
Foxboro, MA 02035
508-668-7200
April 2 & 3, 2016
Saturday 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Sunday 9:00 A.M. -3:00 P.M.
325 tables
http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/loc/fox/FOXBORO.htm

Directions and Dealer Flier:
http://northeastgunshows.org/loc/fox/16FOXBORO_APRIL16.pdf

$1 off coupon (good at ALL shows):
http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/library/all-coupon w-background.gif

It should be $12/person before the coupon.

What a night haha! I'm glad to have signed up for MF&G last night, it's only about 15 min from the house and I look forward to spending some quality time and money there!

Is there any indication of how many new people signed up last night? It was standing room only inside the clubhouse!

What a night haha! I'm glad to have signed up for MF&G last night, it's only about 15 min from the house and I look forward to spending some quality time and money there!

Is there any indication of how many new people signed up last night? It was standing room only inside the clubhouse!

I created a monster! [rofl] The promotion and gun show deal was my idea (copied from Holbrook Sportsmens Club that did it for many years).

There were ~40 new members voted in last night and ~70 last month! We now stand at somewhere North of 500 members.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you (and others) but yes, it was mobbed last night (and last month too).

It's a great club with great members/officers/BOD members. Enjoy.

I think that last nights actual meeting (not including the processing of the new members) might have been the shortest on record. At least in the 10 or so years that I have been a member. lol

I created a monster! [rofl] The promotion and gun show deal was my idea (copied from Holbrook Sportsmens Club that did it for many years).

There were ~40 new members voted in last night and ~70 last month! We now stand at somewhere North of 500 members.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you (and others) but yes, it was mobbed last night (and last month too).

It's a great club with great members/officers/BOD members. Enjoy.
I did meet you! I was the guy who said I'd introduce myself 30 or 40 more times so it would stick! Haha I know it's been a steady stream of unfamiliar faces for a while now!

Looking forward to seeing the membership stuff come in the mail so I can go send some lead downrange. The few people I met last night seem like a good group.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I did meet you! I was the guy who said I'd introduce myself 30 or 40 more times so it would stick! Haha I know it's been a steady stream of unfamiliar faces for a while now!

Looking forward to seeing the membership stuff come in the mail so I can go send some lead downrange. The few people I met last night seem like a good group.

Gotcha, thanks. It was just a sea of people. Knowing Cindy you'll probably have your badge and passcode by the beginning of next week.

Does anyone know if MF&G have a min age for shooters? I want to get my 8yo son introduced. Also, does it fall under the guest rules (no guests until after 90 days probation) or can I get him his own membership?

Thanks!

The place is awesome, no question!

Back
Top Bottom