Managing Recoil on Bigger Handguns

He has. One-handed.

I must be the either -

a) the weakest person on the planet or
b) the person with the worst shooting form on the planet

If I held the .500 with one hand, relaxed and loose, it would end up on the ground beside or behind me.

While I don't have either, I find myself leaning toward the 460 if only for the interchangeability of ammo. It shoots .45 Colt, .454. Cassull and .460 S&W.

With either gun you'll probably have to reload for economics, I still like the options.

While I don't have either, I find myself leaning toward the 460 if only for the interchangeability of ammo. It shoots .45 Colt, .454. Cassull and .460 S&W.

With either gun you'll probably have to reload for economics, I still like the options.

If you shoot .45 Colt out of a .460, you'll spend more time cleaning it than you will shooting it. I've stopped shooting .45 Colt out of mine altogether. Instead, I just load .460 cases with Trailboss, and use the same 'cowboy' type bullets normally associated with the .45 Colt. The .460 version is much more accurate because there's not 1/2" of freebore.

If you shoot .45 Colt out of a .460, you'll spend more time cleaning it than you will shooting it. I've stopped shooting .45 Colt out of mine altogether. Instead, I just load .460 cases with Trailboss, and use the same 'cowboy' type bullets normally associated with the .45 Colt. The .460 version is much more accurate because there's not 1/2" of freebore.

I was thinking of being in Maine, hunting, and if I needed ammo for some strange reason. I would have some options on what to buy if I couldn't find .460.

Might never happen, but the Boy Scout in me says "be prepared".

Back
Top Bottom