Man with gun in Home Depot bathroom

Well, that proves it. You've got to be crazy to work in retail...

A long time ago, in another life, I worked in a now-bankrupt chain of home improvement stores for about a year. Yes, you do have to be crazy to work in retail, and if you aren't when you start, you will be pretty soon. I could tell you stories. Was glad to get out of that line of work.

A long time ago, in another life, I worked in a now-bankrupt chain of home improvement stores for about a year. Yes, you do have to be crazy to work in retail, and if you aren't when you start, you will be pretty soon. I could tell you stories. Was glad to get out of that line of work.
I worked maintenance in a grocery store for a few years.

One story i still remember to this day when someone dropped a number 2 on the sales floor

One story i still remember to this day when someone dropped a number 2 on the sales floor
My god!
I worked at Fortins Market in Worcester when I was a kid. This old lady wearing a long brown skirt and nylons would come in the store and just shit as she was walking down the isle. Then other shoppers would smear it all over the place with their carts.
She did this every month or so. We called her the Avon lady for some reason.

Years ago, my youngest daughter was about 8 at the time, we had gone to NYC for a wedding. We got the the city a few days early to see some sights. We visited Toys R Us in Time Square and during this visit my daughter had to take a dump. So the wife took her into the restroom while I obviously waited outside for them with my older daughter who was 10.

A black woman in her mid 20's came out of the restroom looking very distressed and holding her breath. When she got far enough away from the area she started screaming....
"that is nasty!!!!" "You don't do sh#t like that in public!!!" "Make sure you check yourself before you leave your house!!!"

Just going on with all sorts of rants as to how nasty the smell was in the ladies room.

My wife came out looking a little pale.

I confirmed with her that my 8 year old dropped a big stinky in there that day.

We still enjoy reminiscing about that one.

That was probably the 3rd or 4th store he had been to looking for PT lumber that day. [laugh]
Or straight lumber..impossible to find in HD. It always looks like the scrap you’d find after a logging operation, the stuff the skidder ran over a thousand times..

Years ago, my youngest daughter was about 8 at the time, we had gone to NYC for a wedding. We got the the city a few days early to see some sights. We visited Toys R Us in Time Square and during this visit my daughter had to take a dump. So the wife took her into the restroom while I obviously waited outside for them with my older daughter who was 10.

A black woman in her mid 20's came out of the restroom looking very distressed and holding her breath. When she got far enough away from the area she started screaming....
"that is nasty!!!!" "You don't do sh#t like that in public!!!" "Make sure you check yourself before you leave your house!!!"

Just going on with all sorts of rants as to how nasty the smell was in the ladies room.

Time to come clean. You're among friends here; you can let the truth shine out.

You farted. Didn't you?

Thankfully I never had to deal with anything that bad but I encountered more than a couple of "male Karens" who tried to use me as a verbal punching bag. One of my roles was as a cashier and some people can get really testy when you tell them that their credit card didn't go through or that you can't accept their check for whatever reason. I remember one case where I was afraid the guy was going to get physical.

Thankfully I never had to deal with anything that bad but I encountered more than a couple of "male Karens" who tried to use me as a verbal punching bag. One of my roles was as a cashier and some people can get really testy when you tell them that their credit card didn't go through or that you can't accept their check for whatever reason. I remember one case where I was afraid the guy was going to get physical.
I was called to bag groceries while still in my main role as maintenance.

The cashier dropped a Campbell's soup and hand and it splattered EVERYWHERE.

And reaked something bad. After i cleaned it up, i saw that the item was about a year past expiration, and just being bought

My first job while still in high school was working at a (now defunct) department store and can attest to this, and when the individual's application for a store credit card was declined. Some people went effing nuts and I remember security being called once for one guy who couldn't get the bedding his wife wanted.

The Reading HD has had a few ATF agents forget their guns in the stall. When I’m in that store I always check the bathroom for free guns.

The building my wife's company was formally in was right off the main road.
Even though they had a sign "No public rest rooms" , people would still stop in and were mostly told sorry , no.
One day this just average looking woman came in begging to use the rest room and my wife had mercy on her.
Never ever again.
After she left my wife heard this God awful scream from down the hall.
The next person that went in there found the entire ladies room finger painted with shit ,
Ceiling , walls , floor , toilet sink , everything.
After that they installed an intercom and buzzer.

The building my wife's company was formally in was right off the main road.
Even though they had a sign "No public rest rooms" , people would still stop in and were mostly told sorry , no.
One day this just average looking woman came in begging to use the rest room and my wife had mercy on her.
Never ever again.
After she left my wife heard this God awful scream from down the hall.
The next person that went in there found the entire ladies room finger painted with shit ,
Ceiling , walls , floor , toilet sink , everything.
After that they installed an intercom and buzzer.

lmfao.....that is nasty. too funny.

Back
Top Bottom