"Man w/ Gun" at Capitol Building

Machine gun? A black male with an M16? A Bus driver with a gun?

My wife's aunt is getting buried in Arlington NatCem next month.. I was considering going down to bask in the countries (former) glory...

but it would probably just result in a CNN story on "TERROR ALERT- Fat white guy in flannel shirt with a goatee and a camouflage patriot hat spotted near the capitol!!!"

Was funny the article said it was an M16, and that he was "undercover".

Must have been interesting, seeing him conceal that one in his pants. [laugh]

-Mike

Was funny the article said it was an M16, and that he was "undercover".

Must have been interesting, seeing him conceal that one in his pants. [laugh]

-Mike

I understood the call about the man with the M16 to be a call being made about one of the officers who had responded to the initial call about a man with a gun (which would have been the undercover officer)

I could be wrong but that is how i read this very poorly written article.

When wearing my conspiracy-theorist hat I suspect we will see an increasing number of such incidents as the .gov tries to induce panic among the populace to justify their increasingly heavy hand. I didn't use to wear that hat but the facts since 2008 are impossible to ignore.

These Obamist guys read Orwell's "1984" and thought it was an instruction manual.

Agreed. All libraries should have all of Orwell's works. Many used book stores will have them as well, and there's always Amazon. This is a book you buy, read and pass on to friends.

An excellent movie was made from the book, released in 1984. You can see the movie at this link: 1984: The Movie

Two notes:

1. The movie necessarily has much less detail and philosophical discussion than the book, but it is extremely faithful to the book and therefore quite valuable although not a replacement.

2. Watching the movie is not an enjoyable experience.

Agreed. All libraries should have all of Orwell's works. Many used book stores will have them as well, and there's always Amazon. This is a book you buy, read and pass on to friends.

An excellent movie was made from the book, released in 1984. You can see the movie at this link: 1984: The Movie

Two notes:

1. The movie necessarily has much less detail and philosophical discussion than the book, but it is extremely faithful to the book and therefore quite valuable although not a replacement.

2. Watching the movie is not an enjoyable experience.

Good to know, thanks. I have actually had the movie for a while and never watched it afraid it would be lame. I may have the audio book laying around as well.. if anyone wants it PM me.

Animal Farm and 1984 should be required reading for everyone. A (major) step up in reading difficulty but well worth the effort is Atlas Shrugged. Orwell and Rand were visionaries.

Chris

Well, that might depend on the tempature at the time.
You warm your guns with a gun-cozy?

That's a little overparenting dontchathink?[laugh]

On a related note - zombie survival tip demonstrated in yesterdays bitter cold - the barrel of a rapidly fired rifle can serve as a rather effective hand warmer[laugh]

Back
Top Bottom