Man tried to bring 100 rounds of ammo through NH airport onto plane

3K rounds of what? .22?

Asking because I was told there is a weight limit on ammo you can check at the airport. Notnsure if that is still the case, I shoot 6.5cm, so I only need one shot at 1K yards.
@Broc

The team shot 9mm and we had to fly it out there because IL does not allow out of state ammo purchases at least for pistol calibers. I don't know the full law, the competition just told us to bring our own ammo.

3K rounds of what? .22?

Asking because I was told there is a weight limit on ammo you can check at the airport. Notnsure if that is still the case, I shoot 6.5cm, so I only need one shot at 1K yards.
TSA doesn't seem to set a weight limit.

Which means it'll be per your airline. A quick search shows an apparent agreement at 11 lbs. This may have changed since his trip.

Today, I would probably either order online for delivery to a local UPS store, or ship to myself at same.

In NH seems typically they let you bring the gun/ammo/knife/grenade, not sure about grenades, back out to your vehicle if you so chose. I guess with the prices of ammo coming down it wasn't worth the walk.
I have a credit card sized "wallet tool" that my daughter gave me for Christmas one year. Security at TFGreene in Providence (ok, Warwick) called it out one time because it has a pointy bit. :rolleyes: That said, the agent was nice enough to let me go back to my car to drop it and then skip the line when I got back.

3K rounds of what? .22?

Can't fly with 6.5, its too powerful to even be on the plane

Surprised they caught it. I know someone's kid who made it all the way to New Orleans via BOS with a few 9mm cases in his jacket pocket. Also know someone who made it through very sophisticated private security with live ammo in pockets at a major arena event.

;)
And I know someone who got all the way to the gate through security with a 4 inch barrel 686 .357.

Surprised they caught it. I know someone's kid who made it all the way to New Orleans via BOS with a few 9mm cases in his jacket pocket. Also know someone who made it through very sophisticated private security with live ammo in pockets at a major arena event.

;)
I know someone who made it through event security with a knife that wasn't even hidden well in their pocket

I travel with my backpack that has a trauma kit with the decompression needle, and never a question

And then I get these two gems from last year: flew to Atlanta from Boston, and discovered that had a smoke grenade (used the pack for day hike) still it. TSA never caught, so had to give away to a coworker in Atlanta

Then flew to Vegas in July and on way back they found a random 9mm in back pocket that has been there for 2+ years of travel. They were asking me what to do with it…

You never know who is looking at your bag and how good/bad they are

Magtech 380? Was he arrested for being a skinflint? Or for having bad taste in both caliber and ammo?

The caliber I get, but what is wrong with Magtech? The ones I have touched are really consistent dimensionally, and once I get my hands on a chrono I will be checking velocities.

That wasn’t my experience.
Dunno then. Was it a while ago or more recently? Maybe I got a good batch. I still have a box left, I'll check them all for overall height and roundness, though I do not have an accurate enough scale to measure projectile weight in a meaningful way, or powder load.

Back
Top Bottom