• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man tried to bring 100 rounds of ammo through NH airport onto plane

Reptile

NES Member
A man traveling through the Manchester-Boston regional airport in New Hampshire was stopped by TSA officials after he tried bringing full boxes of .380mm bullets through the airport.

The 49-year-old man had the ammunition in his carry-on bag, TSA spokesman Dan Velez said. He was carrying 100 rounds of the MAGTECH bullets in two full boxes, with each box containing 50 cartridges.

Article Says he voluntarily surrendered the ammo to get on the flight. Who gives a shit? People probably surrender hundreds of items a day getting on flights......but "cuz ammunition'.......it makes a news story.

This country is so f***ed.

Surprised they caught it. I know someone's kid who made it all the way to New Orleans via BOS with a few 9mm cases in his jacket pocket. Also know someone who made it through very sophisticated private security with live ammo in pockets at a major arena event.

;)

I was there once to pick up my son when he came home from the Marines on leave. I wasn't carrying a gun but the guy at the metal detector said that if I was and had a permit, I could have walked right through. How things have changed.

Surprised they caught it. I know someone's kid who made it all the way to New Orleans via BOS with a few 9mm cases in his jacket pocket. Also know someone who made it through very sophisticated private security with live ammo in pockets at a major arena event.

;)
Unless it's senior politicians, security at public events is mostly theater, put on by minimum wage flunkies. I walked into a major concert in Boston with a .45, two spare magazines, a blade, a can of pepper spray, and a pat down, a bag search and a wanding missed all of it.

Anyone who puts faith in "security" is deluded.

Article Says he voluntarily surrendered the ammo to get on the flight. Who gives a shit? People probably surrender hundreds of items a day getting on flights......but "cuz ammunition'.......it makes a news story.

This country is so f***ed.
I'm upset he bought shitty mag tech

;)
New NES member challenge?

(everyone please post your results)

;)

Last edited:
In NH seems typically they let you bring the gun/ammo/knife/grenade, not sure about grenades, back out to your vehicle if you so chose. I guess with the prices of ammo coming down it wasn't worth the walk.

;)
I got busted in Chicago with a dime in my back pocket and I thought I was going to get cavity searched.

Left the 10c as a tip, tsa was not amused.

I brought 3000 rounds of 9mm from Logan to St Louis for a shooting competition for our youth team in IL. They have a stupid law that you can't buy ammo if you are not a state resident, just like MA. Original packaging, declared at Logan Southwest, and it was waiting for us in a special location when we arrived. We brought 4-5 Glocks in a separate declared bag. Ammo was freaking heavy.

Last edited:
BFD, he probably forgot it was there, so saying he "tried" is implying intent he may not have had.

What was he going to do, throw the ammo really fast at the pilot? I guess throwing the entire box at once might hurt a bit. But, throwing a laptop would hurt way more and that is allowed.

I brought 3000 rounds from Logan to St Louis for a shooting competition for our youth team in IL. They have a stupid law that you can't buy ammo if you are not a state resident, just like MA. Original packaging, declared at Logan Southwest, and it was waiting for us in a special location when we arrived. We brought 4-5 Glocks in a separate declared bag. Ammo was freaking heavy.
3K rounds of what? .22?

Asking because I was told there is a weight limit on ammo you can check at the airport. Notnsure if that is still the case, I shoot 6.5cm, so I only need one shot at 1K yards.

It’s another classic case of don’t bring your range bag to the airport.

I was there once to pick up my son when he came home from the Marines on leave. I wasn't carrying a gun but the guy at the metal detector said that if I was and had a permit, I could have walked right through. How things have changed.
back in the day..... seeing my wife off at Logan, I handed my gun to a Statie, walked her to the gate, she got on the plane, then went back to security, saw the statie and retrieved my pistol.

Back
Top Bottom