Man to get 10 years in prison for smoking pot while owning a gun

Reptile

NES Member
Suspected Neo-Nazi Aiden Bruce-Umbaugh Pleads Guilty To Gun Crime In West Texas
LUBBOCK, Texas (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — A suspected neo-Nazi pleaded guilty to a weapons violation and faces up to 10 years in prison, federal prosecutors announced Tuesday.

Aiden Bruce-Umbaugh, 23, pleaded guilty in January to possession of a firearm by an unlawful user of a controlled substance, according to a Justice Department statement.

neo-nazi.jpg

Aiden Bruce-Umbaugh, 23 (credit: Lubbock County Detention Center)
The charge arose from his arrest during a November traffic stop in Post, Texas, where Bruce-Umbaugh was found to be dressed in tactical gear.

Officers found in the car three assault-style rifles, a pistol, assorted ammunition, a small canister of marijuana and a vial of THC oil.

In monitored jailhouse telephone conversations, Bruce-Umbaugh declared himself a Nazi affiliated with the AtomWaffen Division, a neo-Nazi hate group, prosecutors said.

Videos unsealed Monday show members of the AtomWaffen Division at self-described “hate camps” practicing hand-to-hand combat, shooting firearms, employing hateful rhetoric against Jews and calling for “race war now!”

Bruce-Umbaugh is scheduled for sentencing April 23.

If you take the pot out, I am assuming he would have been arrested for unlawful possession of firearms? Or was he lawful but the pot caused th arrest? I did a quick search and it appears pot is illegal for recreational use in Texas.

If you take the pot out, I am assuming he would have been arrested for unlawful possession of firearms? Or was he lawful but the pot caused th arrest? I did a quick search and it appears pot is illegal for recreational use in Texas.

Nope. He was allowed to possess the firearms. But guns + weed = federal crime.

In monitored jailhouse telephone conversations, Bruce-Umbaugh declared himself a Nazi affiliated with the AtomWaffen Division, a neo-Nazi hate group, prosecutors said.

Videos unsealed Monday show members of the AtomWaffen Division at self-described “hate camps” practicing hand-to-hand combat, shooting firearms, employing hateful rhetoric against Jews and calling for “race war now!”

Bruce-Umbaugh is scheduled for sentencing April 23.

I get it, he is not a good guy that belongs to to not a good group. However, how is he different front the Antifa lunatics that have actually been assaulting people in the streets, or even those that work for Bernie and plan to put the likes of me in gulags.

If this guys broke the law, then he should be in jail. The article makes it sound like the cops got a Nazi off the street though by nailing him for illegal weed. Can't arrest a guy for being a wannabe Nazi, at least not yet. Slippery slope.

Harmed nobody........and yet communists and jihadi sympathizers sit in high federal office.

Proof that if the .gov wants to get you, they will get you. I don't agree with Neo-Nazi ideology, but I don't agree with Antifa's antics either, and they seem as violent or worse than the Nazi movement. I am not aware of .gov breaking themselves trying to prosecute that movement.

Go after the worst of the worst, set precedent and then move on down the line and scoop up everyone they can.

Same strategy that Mass was using to take away firearm rights a few years ago with prior drug convictions no matter how trivial.

What I really object to is the transition to going after the average guy that is minding his own business with no criminal record because it is an easy pinch with minimal effort.
Only a matter of time before they start going after us and the other low hanging fruit.

It's a fed case, not state.
It's just as illegal in MA! Fed Law has no forgiveness for contrary state laws on drugs.

My departed brother in Maine would grow a lot of weed down by the bog across the road from his house. One day he and I were sitting on his front steps watching the feds hauling the stuff up and into their trucks. They asked my brother if he knew who was growing the stuff down by the bog. Rudy said that he didn't know that there was a bog down there. Maine. The way life should be. Jack.

Lets be honest here. This guy is going to jail for being a Neo-Nazi. I don't agree with his world view, but it's legal to be a racist piece of feces in America. He is being punished for his beliefs.

Yup. So they find a nazi, and they're like crap, that's not illegal what do we do? I know, let's look through all the records about him we can find. Aha... a 4473 and he does pot. Got him! So, jailed for something they wouldn't even bother looking for unless they wanted him.

Yup. So they find a nazi, and they're like crap, that's not illegal what do we do? I know, let's look through all the records about him we can find. Aha... a 4473 and he does pot. Got him! So, jailed for something they wouldn't even bother looking for unless they wanted him.
So...if he claimed he just turned into a pothead THAT day, no violation on signing the 4473.

Lets be honest here. This guy is going to jail for being a Neo-Nazi. I don't agree with his world view, but it's legal to be a racist piece of feces in America. He is being punished for his beliefs.

This is correct. There are thousands, if not tens of thousands who commit this "crime" every single day.

For example, take famous meathead and male socialite Dan Bilzerian. He has had countless videos and pictures taken of him both having a large (awesome) gun collection and also of him partaking in and possessing marijuana. He even owns some sort of weed-related company.

dan-bilzerian-0.jpg ac7df182441946832a3a599e4b693f9c.jpg

Liz Warren has a better chance of becoming president than this guy (or most others) getting in trouble for doing this. Only if they don't like you will they prosecute this.

Just goes to show. No matter what. If they want you, they will get you for something. Not saying he was a good guy. But The Man will use anything.

This. The guy is a douche nozzle, but I am fundamentally opposed to the .gov making thought and opinions illegal

Back
Top Bottom