Man shot and killed by father-son duo in Abilene Texas

OK, well the deceased earned his fate. Now that that's out of the way, on to the legal repercussions. It was stupid of the old guy to be taunting him with "Take your swing." This incident looks more like fighting than self-defense. We'll see how it turns out, but it sucks to be them now, and they should have thought about that while they were standing there with guns at the ready.

Last edited:
“He had what’s called IED (intermittent explosive disorder), but he was getting help for it," Box said."

Seems like a very dangerous condition to have, if it leads to repeatedly screaming at gun-toting rednecks that you are going to kill them.

Intermittent explosive disorder falls in the category of impulse control disorders. The condition is characterized by failure to resist aggressive impulses, resulting in serious assaults, property destruction, or frequent verbal aggression in the form of temper tantrums or tirades. Examples of this behavior include threatening to or actually hurting another person and purposefully breaking or damaging an object of value.

The degree of aggressiveness expressed during an episode is grossly out of proportion to any provocation or situational stress. The individual may describe the episodes as "spells" or "attacks" in which the explosive behavior is preceded by a sense of tension or arousal and followed immediately by a sense of relief. Often genuine regret is expressed after the outburst. Later the individual may also feel upset, remorseful, or embarrassed about the behavior.

Typically beginning in late childhood or adolescence, the disorder often precedes—and may predispose for—later depression, anxiety and substance abuse disorders. Conservative estimates suggest that intermittent explosive disorder can be found in 2.7 percent of the general population.

Most patients are young men and history will often involve frequent traffic accidents, moving violations, and possibly sexual impulsivity. These patients may exhibit extreme sensitivity to alcohol.​

Their is a difference between protecting your life and escalating an argument waiting for the smallest instance of "assault" to brutally kill someone. Clearly asked the man to take the swing thus making it not a matter of self defense. The matter was avoidable and certainly not worthy of even pulling a gun let alone shooting one but I guess egos got in the way of that and now a man is dead over a mattress. Easy open and shut murder case as far as i'm concerned. Truly a disgusting display of idiocy by both parties and sad children had to witness it. This was nothing a good ass whooping couldn't fix. 2 on 1 and still couldn't give him a good ol fashioned American ass whooping and sent him on his way? Shame.

Last edited:
ROFL. How do you come up with this stuff?

Note to self. Before killing a man on video, put a shirt on.

Outside of all parties walking away safely without violence, the only way this could have been better is if the video had dueling banjos playing in the background....

Or if I was supreme overlord I'd simultaneously teleport in a half dozen nypd rookies with glocks, and maybe 12 random antifa protesters armed with piss bottles and broken hi point pistols that they think actually fire, and let fate do its thing. Then maybe the bottle kids from TPB would start off the whole melee while escaping the ensuing spray of gunfire... they'd hit the shirtless guy like phil collins gut....

Ok I'll resume my trip to hell now....

-Mike

I wonder how long this Beverly Hillbillies fued has been festering over the dumpster. Lot of mental midgetry here, this didn’t start at the video.

Guess I’ll have to bring my own trash can when I move
to Texas.

How three retards become two. Hopefully the father-son pair share the same bar of soap and bubba. Im sure their boobs will be a hit!

Their is a difference between protecting your life and escalating an argument waiting for the smallest instance of "assault" to brutally kill someone. Clearly asked the man to take the swing thus making it not a matter of self defense. The matter was avoidable and certainly not worthy of even pulling a gun let alone shooting one but I guess egos got in the way of that and now a man is dead over a mattress. Easy open and shut murder case as far as i'm concerned. Truly a disgusting display of idiocy by both parties and sad children had to witness it. This was nothing a good ass whooping couldn't fix. 2 on 1 and still couldn't give him a good ol fashioned American ass whooping and sent him on his way? Shame.

The "smallest amount of assault" being a swing with a baseball bat? It wasn't 2 on 1 either, it was at least 2-4.

Wow. That probably didn't go the way orange shirt hoped it would. The son was electric here.

giphy.gif
Since Mr. Lahey passed away, Randy has really let himself go.

If he hit Pops with a bat, after threatening to kill both of them...it's a good shoot. Not to mention, one less belligerent ahole breathing my air.

Not disagreeing with you. Just my observations after watching the video...

Seemed the guy made that final move toward the father and the father fired at him. Not sure if he hit him or not but then it appeared the guy threw the bat and it hit the father before bouncing to the ground. The the kid fired (not sure if the father fired again) and then it seemed Aaron took the dirt nap.

There are idiots everywhere, but when they come from down south this kind of thing just seems more natural for some reason..... cuz Texas! Bring a baseball bat to a gunfight? Ok BillyBob!
There are different cultural traditions in different parts of the country. Southerners are more likely to respond to insults with violence than Northerners. Some say it is the result of Scots-Irish settlers with herder mentality, but there are other explanations.

The “States Rights” argument for the Civil War was brought forward specifically to appeal to that group.

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.552.6546&rep=rep1&type=pdf

If we removed the south, even if we kept Chicago, Detroit, and LA, the US would move far down the list of countries in terms of violence.

southern-assault-rate.jpg

Last edited:
There are different cultural traditions in different parts of the country. Southerners are more likely to respond to insults with violence than Northerners. Some say it is the result of Scots-Irish settlers with herder mentality, but there are other explanations.

The “States Rights” argument for the Civil War was brought forward specifically to appeal to that group.

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.552.6546&rep=rep1&type=pdf

If we removed the south, even if we kept Chicago, Detroit, and LA, the US would move far down the list of countries in terms of violence.

southern-assault-rate.jpg

The southern US has a TON of big dump cities. Remove the BDCs and it'd still be higher, but likely only marginally so.

-Mike

Last edited:
Southerners are more likely to respond to insults with violence than Northerners.

True. It might help to put this in perspective with other aspects of the culture. Southern culture is dramatically more polite and friendly than here in the north. Politeness is not just a gift. It is also an expectation. The two cultures lead the recipient of an insult to interpret differently the intent of the person making a given insult. Chances are the northerner doesn't expect or want a fight just because they say or do something rude. In the south, no sane person would make the insult if they didn't want and intend to fight.

Outside of all parties walking away safely without violence, the only way this could have been better is if the video had dueling banjos playing in the background....

Or if I was supreme overlord I'd simultaneously teleport in a half dozen nypd rookies with glocks, and maybe 12 random antifa protesters armed with piss bottles and broken hi point pistols that they think actually fire, and let fate do its thing. Then maybe the bottle kids from TPB would start off the whole melee while escaping the ensuing spray of gunfire... they'd hit the shirtless guy like phil collins gut....

Ok I'll resume my trip to hell now....

-Mike

How about we keep the South and remove Chicago, Detroit, and LA?

I may be a Ma**h***, actually no "may", I am. That being said, every time I've been down south, both Mrs. A73elkyss and myself are amazed at how polite the people are. Yes, we are old white Yankee's, and we are relatively harmless in appearance. Plus, we don't go to the more "rural" areas.

I feel a million times more comfortable going down south than I would ever, I mean EVER going to Chicago, Detroit, and LA! And yes, I've been to two out of the three POS cities.

Just my Old Fart opinion.

Jay

So the wife knew he had this disorder and let's him go hog wild with a baseball bat in front of two dudes toting guns. I feel like there's a reason the dude on the side is standing on the side...saw how it plays out and didn't like the ending.

She's really the most to blame here, I don't blame the hillbillies for popping after he attacked them with a bat. Might not have been my first choice but whatever I don't blame them. If he really has a disorder other than being an a**hole then it's on her to calm him down

Also idk why but I just picture the cigarette scene from me myself and Irene

I may be a Ma**h***, actually no "may", I am. That being said, every time I've been down south, both Mrs. A73elkyss and myself are amazed at how polite the people are. Yes, we are old white Yankee's, and we are relatively harmless in appearance. Plus, we don't go to the more "rural" areas.

I feel a million times more comfortable going down south than I would ever, I mean EVER going to Chicago, Detroit, and LA! And yes, I've been to two out of the three POS cities.

Just my Old Fart opinion.

Jay

The rural areas are where people are the most polite.....because EVERYBODY, and I mean everybody has a gun, either on them, on their tractor or in their truck or car.......and they are far, far less likely to shoot you than some city or suburban dweller. Not only that, people are just generally less stressed out in the country.

Trust me, I live here.....in rural Kentucky....where people routinely will say good morning, will let you go ahead of them in a grocery line, where people feed their neighbors, help them with the farm when they are sick, will call and ask if you need anything picked up in town, will help you load a cart full of lumber or 25 sacks of corn onto your truck or will clear a road of a downed tree with their own tractor and saws instead of waiting on the county to do it,.....all with a smile.

Having lived out here, I would never move back to a congested area where nobody helps or even knows their neighbors.

EDIT: So as not to paint a completely serene picture of rural living, yes there is crime primarily due to drug addicts(usually meth addicts) which you can find anywhere who are opportunistic theives, but even that is few and far between because even they know that people are armed and that notion in their head precludes/deters their actions significantly. As for driving....you likely won't encounter the same insanity that you would anywhere in the northeast.....the roads are wide open and the traffic is basically non existent in most places except the larger cities and even there people drive quite respectfully.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom