• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man shot and killed by father-son duo in Abilene Texas

crispnipz

NES Member
Pretty graphic. What do you guys think? Good shoot or bad shoot?

Terrible situation all around, but considering in Texas it is sometimes lawful to use lethal force in defense of property and of course stand your ground, and the multiple warnings, I think the father (one with the pistol) acted lawfully, but the son (one with the shotgun) did not, because he fired the shotgun well after the guy was incapacitated.

Too little info.

What is going on here?

They are threatening to kill each other?

The loud mouth does not have a gun though?

He is threatening to kill them and is begging for the older man to pull the gun on him.

Then he gets real close to him?

The dead guys wife was doing her best to get it all on video?

She should have said:

"Honey, lets get out of here. They are not worth it. Lets leave."

Is there a police report or article with facts to read about this?

Too little info......The dead guys wife was doing her best to get it all on video? She should have said: "Honey, lets get out of here. They are not worth it. Lets leave."

This. Plus....

Lots of missing info here, but damn, all of them should have walked away. Now all of these lives are really gone.

Jay

Seems like a retard conference, and not sure why some guy would stand there and try to escalate a conflict with 2 people with guns.... seems like they gave him ample opportunity to leave and get the f*** out. If they had a right to be there, then they should have just retreated and called the cops.

-Mike

Hmmm, orange shirt dude didn't know when to say when.

Out gunned, wife and kid/s present, sounded drunk.

Will be interested in legal outcome.

Certainly not MA.

Both father and son were both charged with murder according to an article on the situation.....theres no date that I could find on the article so this could be long since tried.

Last edited:
baseball bat vs. handgun and shotgun equals stupid moron.

Why not just keep daring someone with a gun to shoot you. Idiot.

My guess sis whoever lived will go to jail but FFS what the heck are you thinking threatening two people holding a gun on you.

As I watch this:

If I was stupid enough to be in their shoes, I watch this and pretend I am either one of the parties.

I can see myself nipping this in the bud and leaving the situation a dozen times.

Having a video like this should make responsible people realize how things escalate and how to avoid this in the first place.

I don't think a reasonable man would have fired that first shot.

I am glad than many responsible gun owners have received the training to avoid this outcome.

Looks like the assumed invincibility that seems to be the thing lately. Where people take pictures or video of gunfights and things blowing up rather than get to cover. You see that in antifa when they get in cops faces then whine when spanked

My biggest question is why wheren't either of those dudes wearing shirts? Holy man boobs Batman!

I don't know what the background or history is but it seems like either party could have simply walked away. This seemed more like a small dick measuring contest that escalated into manslaughter.

There are idiots everywhere, but when they come from down south this kind of thing just seems more natural for some reason..... cuz Texas! Bring a baseball bat to a gunfight? Ok BillyBob!

My biggest question is why wheren't either of those dudes wearing shirts? Holy man boobs Batman!

I don't know what the background or history is but it seems like either party could have simply walked away. This seemed more like a small dick measuring contest that escalated into manslaughter.

No shirts because its probably 100 degrees out.....All parts of Texas are brutally hot in the summertime, shirtless is pretty normal. My question is, why two of the three had long pants on.:D

When gramps finally did shoot, did the OG have a bat in his hand?
Man. Whole lot of stupid there....Walking away and letting the dude dump his mattress by the dumpster would have been a better option I think.

Not a good shoot at all, no matter location or legal standing/standards. Father and son, as well as dead guy and wife had ample opportunity to leave. If I were the shooter(s) I would easily have left, and made better choices in regards to trash disposal once I realized there may be an issue. Obviously the neighbors seemed to have a bit of animosity, over something that seems with in easy control (ie get your own dumpster on your own property). Recently here on NES there was a thread about dealing with a neighbor that played loud music. Lots of folks suggested ways to run the fellow out of town, or recalled ways they felt they won v their nuisance neighbor. I envisioned a potential bad deal like this. What a terrible, wasteful, sad mess this was and is. How many lives ruined over trash? Pita neighbors not withstanding, that was a terrible shoot.

Hmmm, orange shirt dude didn't know when to say when.Out gunned, wife and kid/s present,

sounded drunk........

I'm agreeing that no one would be surprised at how much alcohol was involved, both past and present.

Dead Orange Shirt "Ed" and his videoing wife should have noticed how much both father and son's fingers were inside the trigger guards appearing to be itching for the "O.K. Corral movement".

Jay

Big dumbass gets himself killed by two guys after continually threatening to kill said guys. All in front of his wife and kids. Foolish pride leaves kids without a father, good job dad! PSGWSP that is all.

they all seem to have really good conflict resolution skills...

Fat Shirtless Old Guy: "back off"

Eventual Dead Guy: "I'm gonna kill you."

Fat Shirtless Old Guy: "I doubt it...."

Fat Shirtless Old Guy was right.

Poor Aaron and his uncontrollable rage.

Well, should go to show you never bring a big mouth to a gun fight.

Also, it looked like some shots were fired by the old man and then Aaron there something and hit the old fat guy and the kid popped a couple with the shot gun. It was kind of tough to follow because the camera is so jumpy.

Last edited:
Dead Orange Shirt "Ed" and his videoing wife should have noticed how much both father and son's fingers were inside the trigger guards appearing to be itching for the "O.K. Corral movement".

I wonder if that O.K. Corral moment will still feel as good when they're both sitting on Death Row.

Wow. That probably didn't go the way orange shirt hoped it would. The son was electric here.

giphy.gif

I think the father (one with the pistol) acted lawfully, but the son (one with the shotgun) did not, because he fired the shotgun well after the guy was incapacitated.

After the fathers shots, the attacker (still standing) threw the baseball bat he was holding at the father - that's when the son shot him. The son didn't even lift his shotgun from his waist until after the bat was thrown by attacker, and had hit his father in the hip. Definitely not incapacitated at that point; still attacking.

upload_2018-9-20_21-38-41.png

upload_2018-9-20_21-40-25.png

upload_2018-9-20_21-40-57.png

upload_2018-9-20_21-39-33.png

upload_2018-9-20_21-35-33.png

upload_2018-9-20_21-42-2.png

upload_2018-9-20_21-45-13.png

upload_2018-9-20_21-45-38.png

upload_2018-9-20_21-44-38.png

When gramps finally did shoot, did the OG have a bat in his hand?

Yes.

Did the old man with the pistol get hit with something?

Yes.

I don't think a reasonable man would have fired that first shot.
Guy was coming at him with a baseball bat, having threatened to kill him at least a dozen times.

It should be noted too that there's the legs/jeans of at least one adult-sized person, and the shadow of another who can be glimpsed briefly in a muscle shirt (no, no muscles) and seems to be adult age based on size/height. That's not including the orange shirt nutjob and the wife who's recording. There's also a pickup truck behind them with two doors ajar (but the drivers door closed) and it seems to have a trailer attached. So the father/son may have been facing as many as 4 or more people, and the trash was possibly coming from somewhere else via trailer...

upload_2018-9-20_21-51-29.png

upload_2018-9-20_21-48-43.png

upload_2018-9-20_21-50-39.png

upload_2018-9-20_21-53-14.png

upload_2018-9-20_21-53-45.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-20_21-51-17.png
    upload_2018-9-20_21-51-17.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
https://news4sanantonio.com/embed/n...?external-id=ade68aafa4d64ecf8e362e01b3de98b7

Fiancee of Abilene homicide victim reveals that he was shot over a twin mattress
Box and Howard were together for nearly two years and helped each other through their personal struggles in life, such as Howard's lifelong battle with mental health issues.

“He had what’s called IED (intermittent explosive disorder), but he was getting help for it," Box said.

Box is coming to her deceased fiance's defense for those who may not have seen Howard the way that she did.

“It’s like judging someone for having cancer or diabetes, 'Well, just stop having it,' that’s not how it works," said Box.

https://news4sanantonio.com/embed/n...?external-id=ade68aafa4d64ecf8e362e01b3de98b7

Fiancee of Abilene homicide victim reveals that he was shot over a twin mattress
Box and Howard were together for nearly two years and helped each other through their personal struggles in life, such as Howard's lifelong battle with mental health issues.

“He had what’s called IED (intermittent explosive disorder), but he was getting help for it," Box said.

Box is coming to her deceased fiance's defense for those who may not have seen Howard the way that she did.

“It’s like judging someone for having cancer or diabetes, 'Well, just stop having it,' that’s not how it works," said Box.

Interesting interview...

upload_2018-9-20_22-12-7.png
That's a festering load of crap.

At 0.10 speed you can clearly see the bat hit the old man in the hip, bounce off toward the son, and land behind him.

This was after the old man shot him.

The wife does a hell of a job avoiding showing the husband with the bat as he goes after the old man, and tries her hardest not to show him with the bat after he's shot... it's like the camera is dodging around him from the point that he goes after the old man.

See the screencaps in my post above.

Last edited:
Interesting interview...

View attachment 247674
That's a festering load of crap.

Att 0.10 speed you can clearly see the bat hit the old man in the hip, bounce off toward the son, and land behind him. This was after the old man shot him.

The wife does a hell of a job avoiding showing the husband with the bat as he goes after the old man, and even after he's shot...

See the screencaps in my post above.

Well done. I can't do that on my ancient computer. Did you notice the opening to the video? o_O

"Getting the facts right"

Back
Top Bottom