Man shoots down neighbors drone hovering in his yard: arrested

brecourt_10.jpg

Yeah I am pretty sure if you shot down a drone with those tools, the local cops would have NO problem with it! [rofl]

"Beth" the Police lady who interviewed me for my LTC-A is Married to my Sisters' husbands brother.
Was the second time I have met her. She knows me very well... [thumbsup]

I would not roll out any of my larger air cannons, just the hand held. Or I could just mount the .50 on the Pedestal mount and blast the drone at 80 bb's a second.

m2hb_70.jpg

I do want to make a paracord net with 4 tennis balls on the corners.

But I am working on a "bait bullet" barrel for my smaller launcher, for launching 200+ yard shots for surf casting at the cape.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Judge Ward dismissed both charges against Merideth including criminal mischief and wanton endangerment."

Nice!!!! Gotta go get me some drone shot....lol

So, you can be 200 feet up moving your drone to its intended destination, and still get shot? How else is someone supposed to get between 2 points with a drone without passing over what could be other people's land? The incident occurred in a subdivision so there is really no way to avoid going over other property unless you only keep it over your own back yard.

I now own this drone. When it is high up, it doesn't look like it is moving very fast because they don't go much over 20mph. A nervous nellie could interpret this as "hovering" when it is really going full speed ahead to its destination.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

So, you can be 200 feet up moving your drone to its intended destination, and still get shot? How else is someone supposed to get between 2 points with a drone without passing over what could be other people's land? The incident occurred in a subdivision so there is really no way to avoid going over other property unless you only keep it over your own back yard.

I now own this drone. When it is high up, it doesn't look like it is moving very fast because they don't go much over 20mph. A nervous nellie could interpret this as "hovering" when it is really going full speed ahead to its destination.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

Okay, point well taken, But their sure as Helll fun to shoot!

Okay, point well taken, But their sure as Helll fun to shoot!
True. I am almost hoping for a plague of government drones just so we can shoot them. (I know it would not go so well... The drone would have video of who is shooting at it...)

http://www.howtogeek.com/213159/what-you-need-to-know-before-flying-a-drone/

"For one, everyone else isn’t going to enjoy your enthusiasm for your new hobby. As such, you should avoid flying your drone in residential or highly populated areas. Drones tend to raise privacy concerns, so if you’re a courteous pilot, you’ll try to allay those concerns by flying in sparsely populated or rural areas."

http://www.howtogeek.com/213159/what-you-need-to-know-before-flying-a-drone/

"For one, everyone else isn’t going to enjoy your enthusiasm for your new hobby. As such, you should avoid flying your drone in residential or highly populated areas. Drones tend to raise privacy concerns, so if you’re a courteous pilot, you’ll try to allay those concerns by flying in sparsely populated or rural areas."
Yup which is what I do, for all 3 of its flights so far just over my yard. Some people can be douchy with how they fly. I just saw a video someone proudly posted of himself crashing into the Sears tower.

Yup which is what I do, for all 3 of its flights so far just over my yard. Some people can be douchy with how they fly. I just saw a video someone proudly posted of himself crashing into the Sears tower.

I still want to get one. Just my yard is small so I would have to take it to the gun club to use...

I still want to get one. Just my yard is small so I would have to take it to the gun club to use...
Unless your yard is a postage stamp, you should be able to do some test flights over it. Getting 20 feet off the ground and moving back and forth a bit is a start. Although testing return to home would be odd... It zooms straight up to 100 feet, goes horizontally 20 feet to reach you, then comes back down again. It is a bit alarming to do in a small yard.

Unless your yard is a postage stamp, you should be able to do some test flights over it. Getting 20 feet off the ground and moving back and forth a bit is a start. Although testing return to home would be odd... It zooms straight up to 100 feet, goes horizontally 20 feet to reach you, then comes back down again. It is a bit alarming to do in a small yard.

I don't know about testing that....probably end up in my neighbor's pool...lol

I fly little remote helicopters here. One got a bit out of control once and ended up landing in the neighbor's yard...I need some work on that skill. Need a calm day though. I should take my helo's to the gun club. they have a big open field.

I don't know about testing that....probably end up in my neighbor's pool...lol

I fly little remote helicopters here. One got a bit out of control once and ended up landing in the neighbor's yard...I need some work on that skill.

Ah yes, the epic blinking light in a tree thread. That was you!! That was awesome!!

Ah yes, the epic blinking light in a tree thread. That was you!! That was awesome!!

lmfao...no, that was not me. I didn't have the blinking light in the tree. I love that thread though. Although with my skills that could have been my helicopter..lol

My infamous thread was the disappearing yard waste bags that caused me to buy two trail cams to try to catch the perp.....lol

Okay, good news folks! Pictures of sexy wife (and me - sorry) are below!

Now that I have my own quadcopter, I was curious about the original claims that a quadcopter shown by recorded flight data to be 193 feet up at its closest could be checking out hot chicks in a pool. So, with the assistance of my lovely smoking hot wife, I tried this out today to see what would happen. I flew my Phantom 3 Advanced with 2.7K video to 160 feet (closer than the shot down drone was) and found out what it could do. IIRC, the shot down drone was a Phantom 2 with inferior video (right? I don't feel like going back and finding the info.) Regardless, the image on the Phantom 3 camera is spectacular... this is the kind of camera a drone needs for some serious photographic fun with it.

Anyway, here is the original picture showing the full view. I am near the bottom while my wife is towards the top:

160 feet above full with lossy.jpg

Zoomed further in using Paint.NET, we get this:

160 feet above full zoomed 1.jpg

Annnnnnnnnd.... here's the pic you have all been waiting for, my wife at maximum zoom:

160 feet above full zoomed 2.jpg

Oh baby....

Okay, good news folks! Pictures of sexy wife (and me - sorry) are below!

Now that I have my own quadcopter, I was curious about the original claims that a quadcopter shown by recorded flight data to be 193 feet up at its closest could be checking out hot chicks in a pool. So, with the assistance of my lovely smoking hot wife, I tried this out today to see what would happen. I flew my Phantom 3 Advanced with 2.7K video to 160 feet (closer than the shot down drone was) and found out what it could do. IIRC, the shot down drone was a Phantom 2 with inferior video (right? I don't feel like going back and finding the info.) Regardless, the image on the Phantom 3 camera is spectacular... this is the kind of camera a drone needs for some serious photographic fun with it.

Anyway, here is the original picture showing the full view. I am near the bottom while my wife is towards the top:

View attachment 149486

Zoomed further in using Paint.NET, we get this:

View attachment 149487

Annnnnnnnnd.... here's the pic you have all been waiting for, my wife at maximum zoom:

View attachment 149488

Oh baby....

No way you're flying over your neighbor's yard with all that land..lol

I don't think the Phantom 2 has FPV (First Person View) in other words the ability for the operator to see what the drone camera is seeing. The DJI Phantom 3 Advanced that Prepper (and I) have has a Lightbridge connection so you can see, nearly in real-time, what the drone sees. This drone cannot turn the camera gimbal: it takes whatever is in front of it though you can tilt it up and down. You can fly sideways so you can keep the camera on something and the latest firmware has a routing to fly a circle around the object with the camera pointed in that direction. It also allows you to program a flight path, then you can orient the camera while it flies that path automatically.

They are really cool. I've only had mine up to about 400' and 1,000' away, but I may try to reach the summit of Mt Sunapee, which would be 1.4 miles one way and an elevation gain of 1,400 feet.

lower_field_house-XL.jpg

seems like what you want to do is shoot a 50 mw IR laser at the thing...that would blind it and problem solved, with no evidence left behind.

Back
Top Bottom