• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man Recounts Shooting of Home Intruder

Check this out. San Antonio: "Man Recounts Shooting of Home Intruder"
From WOAI NBC 4 San Antonio:

http://clipsyndicate.com/publish/video/634330?wpid=0

What I found interesting about this clip is, the intruder didn't have a weapon. Anti gun types like to say ignorant things like "if no one had guns" and other fantasy talk due to watching too much TV and failing to use their brains. Rock, stick, knife, or nothing at all, bad guy can harm you. In magic TV land of anti gun types, he should have given the guy a karate chop and called the police....

PS: There's a lesson in the vid about safety on guns anyone who owns guns should take heed...

What I found interesting about this clip is that the guy apparently has never trained seriously on how to fight with a gun and never practices his gun handling.

First he forgets he has the safety on. Then he shoots low (lower abdomen IIRC). At least he tried some incomplete malfuction clearance action (rack the slide). Too bad the malfunction was not in the gun, huh.

re: safety. Get yourself a GLOCK

I agree...partially. Better yet, a revolver...If disengaging the safety under pressure is not completely instinctual (due to regular practice) don't own a gun with a safety. Glock, MnP, Sig etc. Had the bad guy had a weapon and or decided to charge him at that moment (and a home owner who can't seem to figure out how to work his own gun is a good time to charge...), he and his family could be dead. By the grace of God and shear luck go he.

Some how, I bet he will be paying more attention to his gun handling skills in the future [shocked]

Still, home owner 1, BG 0. [wink]

If that happened in Mass, the bad guy would sue the pants off him!!!

AND WIN!!!!
[frown]

It's a bit of a leap to say he's had zero training. He was under a lot of stress and people make mistakes in situations like that. A Glock, Sig or similar is probably a good idea for many but kudos to the guy for being as prepared as he was.

It's a bit of a leap to say he's had zero training.

Maybe so. But I would not say it's a leap that he didn't train hard enough. You know that part about amateurs training until they get it right and pros train until they can't get it wrong.

I bet he never spent 30 minutes a day dry firing various manipulations.

Back
Top Bottom