• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man Loses Leg Shooting Lawnmower Packed With Tannerite

Son Lance and Little Jack have been mixing a lot of it from ingredients and have been having a blast shooting at it from their back deck. Helps having 13 acres in the woods in NH. Jack.
Tannerite is vastly marked up over the price of the raw materials.

Can you mention you formula, and if you have any trouble getting the ammonium nitrate or AL powder without raising unwanted attention?

I bought a couple tannerite "pounders" a while back. Shot one at my range on the 75 yd berm. Neighbors a half mile away called the police who called club officers who called me the next day (based off sign-in sheet).

Tannerite is now banned for "bringing unnecessary attention" to the club.

Still have one in my truck, waiting for an opportunity to shoot at it.

I wonder how close he was. Tannerite and metal objects don't mix very well. Pumpkins yes, machinery no.

Sometimes common sense isn't so common. Placing tannerite on, in, or in front of metal is asking for incoming danger.

You know it had to be captured...VIDEO!

Skip to 3:17 for footage of the event. "Oh! Blew my leg off!"

There is more footage of what happens leading up to it. Basically, he fires a bunch of shots, nothing happens, so he keeps getting closer and closer, shooting along the way, with the nearly-inevitable outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes common sense isn't so common. Placing tannerite on, in, or in front of metal is asking for incoming danger.

Like about 5 pounds of it inside a washing machine. Pieces flew in excess of 200 yards. One piece struck a guy about 100 yards away. That happened last fall. IIRC, he was in the hospital for a couple of weeks.

If the dummy that put it in the washer gets caught by a couple of us, he's got his comeuppance coming. I seriously doubt the state police up here will help him dealing with it, seeing that they want to have a chat with him. They took license plate numbers and had my phone number, so they called me.

You know it had to be captured...VIDEO!

Skip to 3:17 for footage of the event. "Oh! Blew my leg off!"

LMFAO! That was great! What a moron.

But wait, he was dressed in his tacticool operator gear so how could he possibly have been injured??

During explosives training for the Navy they said always put a barrier between yourself and the source of shrapnel.

Don't think he did this.

Does a normal human being really need this to even be taught to them? lol

Distance would have helped, too. After seeing the video clip, these guys were at most, like 20 yards from the explosion?

-Mike

Last edited:
People are stupid. i have done some stupid things. im sure most of you have as well. none of us deserve to lose limbs or life for being stupid.

its sad seeing internet ninjas claiming "he got what he deserved"

Because of this I betcha pretty soon nobody will be able to use it. The anti's will grab this and run...I sense more laws and more restrictions...Idiot.

The "post sandy hook retard new gun owner" crew is probably going to make this happen, whether anyone likes it or not. Probably not necessarily because of the antis actions, either. While it's nice to get more shooters an unfortunate side effect is along with the good come more idiots as well.

-Mike

Because of this I betcha pretty soon nobody will be able to use it. The anti's will grab this and run...I sense more laws and more restrictions...Idiot.

The "post sandy hook retard new gun owner" crew is probably going to make this happen, whether anyone likes it or not. Probably not necessarily because of the antis actions, either. While it's nice to get more shooters an unfortunate side effect is along with the good come more idiots as well.

-Mike

It's not like they don't have enough video evidence to support their reasoning. [thinking]

I'm not sure which is stupider... nearly blowing yourself up (or, someone else), or posting it online to show the world your stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom