Man facing murder charges after fatally shooting car thief

Good point. I'm going to go remove the lock on my front door now knowing that you won't blame me if my house gets robbed.

No tears shed for the piece of shit who got shot however.

Wether you remove the lock on your front door or not, why do you feel you would be blamed in someone broke in? Regardless of wether you had a locked door or not, it is still your house. Not everyone locks their door at night, especially in rural areas.

"Why didn't he just shoot the keys out of his hand?" [smile]

In all seriousness, it's not a good shoot. Most states, even SYG states, require you, a dependent, or another third party to be under imminent and immediate threat of grave bodily injury or death. That being said, if I was on the jury, I would hold out for him.

Wether you remove the lock on your front door or not, why do you feel you would be blamed in someone broke in? Regardless of wether you had a locked door or not, it is still your house. Not everyone locks their door at night, especially in rural areas.

I'd argue an unlocked door of a house in a rural setting is not comparable to leaving a running car unlocked in a not-so-nice area.

I believe you... But keyword here is "used" to, and it's not the wild wild west anymore.. Or midevil times for that matter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Times have changed for the worse in regards to how we deal with thieves.

Because they should IMO. By this logic I should never carry because something will likely never happen. Life is about minimizing risk. I never said the guy got what he deserved. But there are varying degrees of PSGWSP.

Shooting car thieves should be like hunting with Uncle Ned & Jimbo.

This guy just forgot to say "He was coming right for us!"

In other words he broke the # 1 rule of dealing with LE - never talk talk to the police!! A lawyer might have discussed the incident with him. Did you see any furtive movements that could have been the suspect drawing a gun? Or at least plead the 5th!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the comments:
"They steal your car you can't go to work, get fired, can't eat, starve to death. Therefore, shooting a car thief is justified."

This sort of confused me also... Defending property. Property costs money. I work hard for my money. Working takes time. Time is part of my life that I can NEVER get back. The law is saying I can't defend my life?

In most states, you can only use deadly force if your life, or the life of another innocent, is in immediate danger of death or grave bodily injury.

In this case, he came out of the store to find two people in his car. At that point, it does not appear that his life was in immediate danger of death or grave bodily injury. He is most likely going to prison for a long time.

Take the car.....call cops and insurance company....done.

Yup. The cost to defend yourself from a murder charge here in the Boston area is over $100k. It is a lot cheaper to take the check from your auto insurance company and go buy a new car.

Yup. The cost to defend yourself from a murder charge here in the Boston area is over $100k. It is a lot cheaper to take the check from your auto insurance company and go buy a new car.

i am routinely amazed how many people out there want to wrestle with the dude trying to carjack their vehicle. what's the point? the dude is sufficiently crazy or desperate to jack your car. not worth a struggle. unless they've got kids in the backseat I will never understand this. if somebody wants my shitty mazda god bless them they can drive it into the charles river. the navi screen is too small anyway.

The world is a better place now, guarantee that wasn't the first thing he stole. It should be legal to kill any thief.

In most states, you can only use deadly force if your life, or the life of another innocent, is in immediate danger of death or grave bodily injury.

In this case, he came out of the store to find two people in his car. At that point, it does not appear that his life was in immediate danger of death or grave bodily injury. He is most likely going to prison for a long time.
all you have to is stand in front of the car and if the guy twitches shoot him down like a cop would.

i am routinely amazed how many people out there want to wrestle with the dude trying to carjack their vehicle. what's the point? the dude is sufficiently crazy or desperate to jack your car. not worth a struggle. unless they've got kids in the backseat I will never understand this. if somebody wants my shitty mazda god bless them they can drive it into the charles river. the navi screen is too small anyway.
73483259.jpg

I believe you... But keyword here is "used" to, and it's not the wild wild west anymore.. Or midevil times for that matter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Midevil? Is that like half evil or almost really evil?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Take a look at the car. I am betting he left it running out of fear it wouldn't start again.

Urban Atlanta is way more dangerous than the " wild west" was. Think Mogadishu with Mc Donalds .
Ooh Mogadishu with McDonalds sounds like a follow up album for Holiday in Cambodia....Nice!

happens in Lawrence all the time. They go to the welfare office, then need a ride home, and there is your POS car just sitting there asking to be stolen, and this guy left the keys in the car too....
^ This X 100. When I worked in the housing projects people treated the parking lot as a bike stand they would steal cars to go to court to another housing project run errands and abandon them. We would in kind find abandoned ones on the property. Beats walking and its technically free.

Its the principle of it. I don't care if its the lint from my pocket. Don't take my shit. [wink]

That's actually a poorly worded, but very valid point. You can bet that the crime rate would go WAY down if this was allowed by law. I do understand how society evolved to not allow everyone to become judge, jury, and executioner because of that old "innocent, until proven guilty" thing, but things have a way of getting way out of control when only moral people play by the rules.
Poorly worded indeed. It has nothing to do with morals or ethics. Mob mentality and street justice so to speak in the west caused more people to be hung because the "weren't from these parts", black , native American, or on the eye witness testimony of some random person. Even now eyewitness testimony is the least reliable form of evidence as it is colored by past experience and bias and formed logical concepts. So just imagine the awful biased uneducated drunk testimony taken, wouldn't want my life in jeopardy being decided by that. Thats the reason why posses went out the door too many innocent people getting lynched had nothing to do with morals.

I'd argue an unlocked door of a house in a rural setting is not comparable to leaving a running car unlocked in a not-so-nice area.
That is a boat load of hooey. It doesn't matter where you live its about personal responsibility. You leave your door open/unlocked you are taking the risk of something bad happening it may be a greater risk situationally or a minor risk but its still a risk. Rural does not mean safe. Thats the same mentality people mistakenly make about home invasions and burglaries. They happen more frequently during the day in quiet neighborhoods where everyone is away at work not at night time like TV. So when your Mom your sister your wife your daughter is home alone during the day you go ahead and teach them to leave that door unlocked its safe, really.......

I meant medieval... Like Medieval times [emoji1] [emoji1]
I knew what you meant I'm a word troll. I'm a fan of speaking plainly. If you choose to use a fancy word use them and spell them right or the word troll will get medieval on yo ass and that is full on evil. I was trying to figure out how to use mace, pole arm, pike, or Iron Maiden in my response but I am to tired.

I wouldn't kill someone for taking my stuff. I can always get more stuff. It would be just my luck to find out the guy was stealing my car to get his dying girlfriend to the hospital, or finding out the car I bought had been stolen from him.

Threatening me or my family is a completely different issue.

What if you just got the call that your girlfriend was in a serious car accident, and that you need to get to the hospital asap, while you were inside paying for gas?

He can call an ambulance from anywhere.

F*** thieves. Stealing from you is hurting your family.

The law is what it is, and because of such, shooting this guy would be incredibly stupid, BUT imo you damn well should be able to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom