• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man facing murder charges after fatally shooting car thief

That is a boat load of hooey. It doesn't matter where you live its about personal responsibility. You leave your door open/unlocked you are taking the risk of something bad happening it may be a greater risk situationally or a minor risk but its still a risk. Rural does not mean safe. Thats the same mentality people mistakenly make about home invasions and burglaries. They happen more frequently during the day in quiet neighborhoods where everyone is away at work not at night time like TV. So when your Mom your sister your wife your daughter is home alone during the day you go ahead and teach them to leave that door unlocked its safe, really.......

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

So it's not really hooey then if you're acknowledging there is a varying degree of risk which is exactly my point.

All situations are different. I wouldn't shoot someone if they stole my car... not worth the uncertainty of how the courts system would play out. I also wouldn't want that on my conscious.

If there was something precious in the car - Like a family member or such, I would mag dump the kidnapper.

I hate to be a jerk here....but I'm probably going to be perceived as such. And I'm not sorry either......but just because you leave your car running that doesn't' give anyone the right to take your stuff. I have no problem with what Mr. Scott did. In fact, and I know we will never know, but he probably saved lives. This thief could have been hopped up on something and could have killed a family with young children in another vehicle.

If more responsible citizens put down wrong doers there would be less crime. Put me on the jury and Mr. Scott goes free and gets his gun back if it went down the way it was described.

Last edited:
I disagree I think he needs to show better judgement than that. However I can't sit here and say if I was in his shoes I wouldn't light the car up. Loved one in the hospital with a nasty form of cancer. The man is having a bad go of things. Personally I've been there where if someone caught me on that day I'd have spiked their face off the nearest solid object until they stopped moving. So I feel the guys pain. The problem is he didnt make it a clean shoot, he shouldn't have come out shooting. Because of the circumstances I'd give the guy a pass if he didn't have a loved one in the hospital lock his ass up.

Back
Top Bottom