Magpul is Leaving Colorado (Bill Signed Into Law)

If I owned Magpul, had my millions socked away, and was forced to move because of this stupid law -- all while listening to my customers bitch about how I owed it to them to move -- I would burn down the ****ing building, fire everyone, and tell the world to go to hell.

If I owned Magpul, had my millions socked away, and was forced to move because of this stupid law -- all while listening to my customers bitch about how I owed it to them to move -- I would burn down the ****ing building, fire everyone, and tell the world to go to hell.

after reading the bullshit that you see posted here on NES, I would probably do the same ****ing thing.

"You guys like your PMAGs? Yeah? WELL NOW THEY'RE GONE. GO **** YOURSELF."

I'm sure it's crossed their minds.

Magpul is Leaving Colorado (Gov. to Sign Bill Wednesday)

Lol, even if Texas said ignore them and produce them anyway where would they sell them if the federal govt. Made them illegal?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

There are at least six or seven states that arent recognizing federal gun laws. Thats a start.

Exactly. And because they make great products. That's all there is to it.

Yeap. Although I am trying BCM's new pistol grip, not out of protest, but because it is new and maybe better. If it is not any better, I will go back to Magpul and then post a thread about how awesome it is and get negged for not supporting RKBA.

LOLacoptor shooting helLOLfire missiles into this LOLacaust.

Yeap. Although I am trying BCM's new pistol grip, not out of protest, but because it is new and maybe better. If it is not any better, I will go back to Magpul and then post a thread about how awesome it is and get negged for not supporting RKBA.

LOLacoptor shooting helLOLfire missiles into this LOLacaust.

I just neg rep'd you like 8 times.

AS a small business owner, the hassles of moving just to a different floor are huge. The logistics of the move, setting up communications, internet, etc. is so frustrating and time consuming. Imagine now trying to do this in a different state. Most of those employees are not going to pick up and leave their homes. Even if they do, if magpul is moving in 30 days, their employees certainly can't.

So not only does CO lose tax revenue from Magpul's sales, but now the owner of the building is getting less $, so he is paying less $ to the state.

The people who don't move are laid off. The state not only get's less tax since those people are earning nothing now, but probably now pays out Unemployment (yes, it is from a fund, but the state backs that fund). Maybe they go on food stamps, welfare, etc.

These days, with every state fighting for every cent, losing any business is a big deal and ripple effect. In my mind, magpul has put their money where their mouth is.

so let's assume zero, like you said (you might be right)

Now since no one makes it in CO, wouldn't you have to ship it in?

Who is going to do that? Think about it.... a supply chain. That operates in Colorado? You would hope so. And that means that they probably employ people in CO and at the very least pay the state taxes.

Oh snap.

Yes and no. Where i work we source and supply chain is in house. No private supply chain we deal with polymer manufacturers directly. No local companies are involved

A lot of polymer manufacturing is in texas as the by products of oil production which is why the move to Texas would be wise for them is my thought. It is why large molding operations like Plano etc are there.

Hopefully this post will result in a lot of neg reps!

Flint,

I can tell from your negative rep comment and your post you didn't bother reading my post before going retarted on it.

I never demanded Magpul pull out of CO. I never said I wouldn't buy a Magpul product if they didn't pull out. - Their leadership made the decision to make that announcement. All I said is that their announcement got our attention and how they choose to proceed will determine if they've earned our loyalty.

I am quite familiar with manufacuring, including injection modeling and know quite well what's involved in moving a manufacuring facility. I know what's involved in locating suitable facilities or land to build them on. Warehousing and supply chain management (to your post, most likely they don't use a local CO supply chain company, but a national freight company since they're likely pulling in materials from all over the world and shipping to distributors all over the country)

If you'd bothered to read my post rather than getting retarted and spewing off negative rep points, you'd note that my post points out that the greatest and most immedate impact is on their employees and that I specifically started that I hope they don't hurt their employees more than absolutely necessary just to punish their politicians.

Yes, moving massive, heavy equipment like injection modeling equipment is extremely expensive and time consuming, as is setting up a new manufacuring facility, but how they treat their dozen and a half employees is what matters to me most, and it's how they choose to handle that which I will decide if I become a loyal Magpul customer. And before you try to ask any more questions and "answer for me" without knowing anything about me.
If Magpul needs investor support to help with the move, yes, I'm willing to invest in them.
If Magpul makes a choice to lead on principles over profit, taking a financial hit to move out of CO in a way that keeps their employees best interest in mine, I will pay more for their product than their competitors.
If Magpul announces in 30 days that they evaluated the possibility of moving out of CO, but could not do it in a way that was responsible to their employees and their families, I would continue to buy Magpul products, because pride and principles are one thing, but the lives of the people who have made you what you are today - your employees - are most important.

Next time you want to blow up and go retarted, take a moment and bother reading the posts you're blowing up over rather than getting overly caught up in your own egotistical rage.

I know what you stated, Shade.

Their hand was forced by politics. You are still implying as to what they "should" do on a moral sense rather than what is financially realistic.

My opinion of you is still poor. Because you just don't get it. This is a business. Not a charity operation. Not a political machine. Their best interest is to do what is best for the finances of the company. Which, in turn, will be better for their CURRENT employees in the long run (and possibly NOT for the ones that they have to part with) because they will have a sustainable job. If that means that they have to let go of a bunch of people in the meantime, or NOT offer lavish relocation benefits and handjobs like you want for them, then so be it.

What you are failing to understand is that they are moving operations whether they want to or not. And this is a huge, burdensome cost with no benefit what so ever. They may not have the ability to fight your political fights, or take care of the people you think are entitled to great care. Because they're in the shit right now.

but go on, be naive and stupid. I'll now leave you alone in your fantasy land where you think everyone should operate according to your own whimsy and desire, no matter how unrealistic you ****ing are.

not just jumping on flintoid and being gay with him because he's my gal pal--but he's got his "way" of putting shit out there (some of you may call him an a**h***. him, me, and the rest of our "crew"), however, he's actually one of the smartest dudes i know and he has really good points hidden in his posts.

what can magpul do for us? for families? for freedom? if they are bankrupt?

just something to think about.

and no, we just are that in tune with each others' menses that we posted at the same time. exactly. we're totally not in the same room.

what can magpul do for us?

Keep producing quality products we want at prices we are willing to pay. Nothing more, nothing less. I like it when company's stick it to the man, but not at the cost of the business going under, that is stupid.

And no, don't scrape your sticker, do like I do and lol at threads like these every time you see it.

Well-written vitriole is great entertainment. And now that it's been revealed Flintiod is the "smartest guy in the room", I have even higher expectations of him.

Keep producing quality products we want at prices we are willing to pay. Nothing more, nothing less. I like it when company's stick it to the man, but not at the cost of the business going under, that is stupid.

And no, don't scrape your sticker, do like I do and lol at threads like these every time you see it.

i am such a fairweather fan i didn't even take the backing off my sticker. [laugh]

the real reason is that the fridge will probably stay here when i move so i don't want to ruin it!

Well-written vitriole is great entertainment. And now that it's been revealed Flintiod is the "smartest guy in the room", I have even higher expectations of him.

And not two ****s were given by me about you and your expectations.

Go exfoliate the palms of your hands with your blood filled male genitalia.

I know what you stated, Shade.

Their hand was forced by politics. You are still implying as to what they "should" do on a moral sense rather than what is financially realistic.

My opinion of you is still poor. Because you just don't get it. This is a business. Not a charity operation. Not a political machine. Their best interest is to do what is best for the finances of the company. Which, in turn, will be better for their CURRENT employees in the long run (and possibly NOT for the ones that they have to part with) because they will have a sustainable job. If that means that they have to let go of a bunch of people in the meantime, or NOT offer lavish relocation benefits and handjobs like you want for them, then so be it.

What you are failing to understand is that they are moving operations whether they want to or not. And this is a huge, burdensome cost with no benefit what so ever. They may not have the ability to fight your political fights, or take care of the people you think are entitled to great care. Because they're in the shit right now.

but go on, be naive and stupid. I'll now leave you alone in your fantasy land where you think everyone should operate according to your own whimsy and desire, no matter how unrealistic you ****ing are.

OK, simmer down. Not everybody got their MBA.

You've made some good points, and some bad ones. Magpul acts in the best interest of his SHAREHOLDERS, aka owners. Not their employees. Sure, many companies say "we have our employee's interests at heart" and perhaps they do, but in reality, they're just an asset. And yes, employees can be owners, of course.

It might make financial sense for Magpul to pull up stakes. Yes, there's a shit-ton of costs involved, both quantifiable (plant lease termination fees) and unquantifiable (brand reputation amongst CO gun owners). This represents a tremendous amount of risk for the company, but I guess they feel that it's worth incurring all of these seen and unseen costs since in the LT, it's a good business decision.

IMHO, it could be a marketing ploy more than anything else (financial) by playing the politics game. Perhaps they're being serious, but with this whole talk of being co-located between CO and XX, it seems more marketing than anything else.

I agree with Flintoid here. Magpul is getting dicked around and absolutely would love to stay in CO. The amount of stress they'll endure during the move will suck but I still love them as a company. Sure it's just injected molds but I will continue to buy their product.

perhaps you guys would like to nut up the capital that they'd lose by just ditching their production lines and selling their facilities in CO so that they can just play by your logic

Business is business. It's not Magpul's responsibility to play the public's political games. If they do- then great. But you can't get critical about them not blanking production in their current state of operations.

Easy there cowboy, I was simply responding to the tile of this thread which reads "Magpul is Leaving Colorado (Gov. to Sign Bill Wednesday)" and based on the article it doesn't appear that Magpul is actually leaving. Perhaps the title should read "Magpul contemplating moving part of its manufacturing business out of state".

I agree with Flintoid here. Magpul is getting dicked around and absolutely would love to stay in CO. The amount of stress they'll endure during the move will suck but I still love them as a company. Sure it's just injected molds but I will continue to buy their product.

you can't really sum it up as "just" injection molding. it's way more complicated than you think.

OK, simmer down. Not everybody got their MBA.

It doesn't take a MBA to understand this simple bullshit.

And are you positive that they aren't doing this for legal reasons? I am inclined to believe that this has everything to do with breaking the law and nothing to do with appeasing customers. The first sentence of their facebook statement cites legal ramifications. What does that tell you?

This move is not marketing driven. This is them getting dicked in the ass. Now, can they at least gain some sort of marketing benefit from this? Or should they? You bet they should! Because otherwise there is NO value in getting forced out of CO by legislation. Period.

you can't really sum it up as "just" injection molding. it's way more complicated than you think.

I typed that wrong [laugh]. I like Troy Battlemags as well, but I still don't know exactly what it entails. I work in manufacturing and know how much can go into something that looks easy as hell. I respect Magpul for answering the outcry when they pulled that LEO bullshit. I'll be leaving their sticker on my truck. I didn't mean to sound ignorant towards the manufacture of Pmags, I'll check their process out tonight. Flintoid made me spit water all over my power supply bench at work [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom