Magpul is Leaving Colorado (Bill Signed Into Law)

Hopefully Colt (after today), and others follow suit. The big hit would be law enforcement ban, "united we stand"; these words are powerful if followed.

i'd like to see the colt pony dancing on a texas star, would make a great rollmark.

Ugh I feel for the Magpul employee's families. It's got to be hard to just pack up and leave home.

True. I'm sure many of them won't make the transition or just aren't eligible.

Magpul has hinted to a co-location with more than one state. I wonder if they'll keep a presence in CO. My guess is no, definitely not in the LT, maybe in the ST.

Rumor has it that the new home will be OK.

Magpul has stated it would not be all in one state and it would be a phased departure. I think, but can't specifically recall, they said the magazines would be the first to leave the state.

Maybe a new magazine line called FUCO Mags or FUCOMs.

If I were local to them I'd help them pack up the company for free just to show support.

How many employees in CO do they have?

20-50 in CO from what I could find.

I'm sure they pay alot in taxes there, both state and local.

They ought to paint a big ass on the back of the last truck out of the state with an arrow that say's kiss here Gov Hickenlooper.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would like to see a pro-gun state offer to temporarily waive taxes on magpul or any other company moving there that manufactures firearms or fiream components on the one condition that the money they do not pay in taxes during that timeframe is to be used to assist the employees in relocating to the new state.

The way I am reading this they are moving their mag operations but keeping accessories and such in CO.

I hope that is not the case.

That's how I am reading it too.

perhaps you guys would like to nut up the capital that they'd lose by just ditching their production lines and selling their facilities in CO so that they can just play by your logic

Business is business. It's not Magpul's responsibility to play the public's political games. If they do- then great. But you can't get critical about them not blanking production in their current state of operations.

They will move operations due to the laws, and it's going to cost them dearly. And don't doubt for one second that they will hate the state of CO for doing this to them... so they'll let their facilities in CO grow old, and when it comes time that renovating, renewing, and re-investing in those facilities is a necessity, they'll let it slide and rebuild elsewhere.

Magpul is going to lose money because of this. Because they have to spend more to keep operations legit. It offers them nothing other than sustaining their operations. It's a total waste. I feel for them. Which is why I understand that uprooting everything in their company may NOT be in the cards- because they can't afford to do that.

They specifically mention magazine production, coporate headquaters, and additional manufacturing.

perhaps you guys would like to nut up the capital that they'd lose by just ditching their production lines and selling their facilities in CO so that they can just play by your logic

Business is business. It's not Magpul's responsibility to play the public's political games. If they do- then great. But you can't get critical about them not blanking production in their current state of operations.

They will move operations due to the laws, and it's going to cost them dearly. And don't doubt for one second that they will hate the state of CO for doing this to them... so they'll let their facilities in CO grow old, and when it comes time that renovating, renewing, and re-investing in those facilities is a necessity, they'll let it slide and rebuild elsewhere.

Magpul is going to lose money because of this. Because they have to spend more to keep operations legit. It offers them nothing other than sustaining their operations. It's a total waste. I feel for them. Which is why I understand that uprooting everything in their company may NOT be in the cards- because they can't afford to do that.

I don't care one way or the other. I wrote them off after their LEO sales policy decision.
This is the same thing. They are talking out of both sides of their mouth and I find it disingenuous.

This is another marketing gimmick for the mentally deficient to feel like Magpul is on 'our side'.

Judging from this thread it is working.

It is all business. Moving to appease the minions of civilian customers might be worth it, customers going away because of something they did is also part of business. Same as companies getting hated on for violating some PC notion. Of course the gun companies want it both ways, it is up to us to not let them be tools, or be reduced to only selling to tools.
I'm still suspicious MAgpul is hedging and will move mag production and keep the rest in CO, remember the owners probably don't want to sell their houses and change their kids schools either.

1) When you truly believe in something, you're willing to take a hit to support what you believe in.
2) There are enough states out there willing to offer significant tax incentives to draw in new businesses that I'm sure Magpul can minimize their financial losses due to a move.
3) Likely the biggest financial hit they'll take is from the reduced production capacity that will be forced on them by moving the production equipment. Since they were back-ordered and running at capacity, it would be great if they can use this as an oppertunity to expand into a larger facility, buy some new equipment and set-up limited production capacity at the new facility before doing a piecemeal move so they can maintain current capacity through-out the move. That will spread the time of the move out, but minimize the financial burden of the move. If they were space limited at thier current location, a move may have been inevitable and the total impact minimal.
4) The most immediate and direct effect will be on Magpul employees who are unable or unwilling to move with the company. Hopefully Magpul takes them into deep consideration during this and doesn't hurt them more than necessary to punish CO legislators. (I know a company that moved out of a state following a tax law change that adversely affected business. They closed up shop, laid off all of their employees, then 13 weeks later (when the new shop was set-up and ready to go) rehired every one of them in a different state. Each employee had collected 13 weeks of unemployement insurance from the state they were leaving. They then paid each of the employees a "signing bonus" equal to the difference between their normal wages for those 13 weeks and the unemployement they'd collected. Business owners who have their employees at heart, but still know how to stick it to politicians.

Magpul has gotten our attention with their support of the fight against expanded state gun laws. Now how they move forward will decide if they earn our loyality.

Go Magpul! You already had a very happy customer, and now you have a very loyal, happy customer. If you could just see fit to get on board the LEO boycott...

Magpul | Unfair Advantage

{snip}
With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.
{snip}

Magpul is Leaving Colorado (Gov. to Sign Bill Wednesday)

The nightmare scenario would be that companies like this spend a fortune to move and some federal ban stops them from making high cap mags anyway.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Very unlikely and if they move to Texas it wont be enforced

+1.

People put WAY too much emphasis on arbitrary lines on a government map. Magpul, after creating product and enduring all of the work and cost of building a great business is being harassed by its own government. Underneath that harassment are the people. Maybe 52% of CO residents support this new law. Maybe 48% of OK or KS residents would support the same. And much of that support would waver one way or another based on nothing more than fear or whim. Where is the great moral victory in moving? Does that 4% voter swing (or whatever it is) really mean much?

It is not Magpul's job to go scurrying around America to avoid being harassed. Cheering this on misses the greater point. Ultimately, we all will find we have no place left to run.

Magpul has gotten our attention with their support of the fight against expanded state gun laws. Now how they move forward will decide if they earn our loyality.

regardless of doing something drastic enough that requires them to shut their doors permanently?

this is why NES is full of ****ing retards: people like you. Here are a few questions that you should ask yourself before you make your couch commando statements on here:

- Do I, ShadeWPI, know the costs involved with moving manufacturing operations? Do I even know what an injection molding press is? Do I know the costs involved in finding new plastics suppliers, tool machinists, supply chains, warehouses for storage, manual labor, waste disposal, land, construction, etc?

Answer: (I'll do this for you) **** No.

- Do I, ShadeWPI, as a consensus of ALL OF THE BUTTHURT CONSUMERS out there who DEMANDS a manufacturer SUPPORT MY RTKBA, have the ability to pay for all of these costs, and otherwise loan Magpul the liquid assets needed to complete these asinine demands of the angry gun owning public?

Answer: ****. NO.

SO. All of you god damned worthless couch CSO's and CEO's- SHUT THE **** UP. You have NO idea what you are talking about.

If Magpul does this stupid ****ing horseshit that you demand of them, they will have to shut their doors, permanently. As people who are trying to legitimately run a god damned business, it's in their BEST interest to keep that business afloat.

You guys are so ****ing stupid it hurts my brain. I'll be dishing out neg reps just to piss you off because I know you won't learn a god damned thing from this post.

Very unlikely and if they move to Texas it wont be enforced

Lol, even if Texas said ignore them and produce them anyway where would they sell them if the federal govt. Made them illegal?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Hey everybody! Let's speculate on them moving all willy nilly to any state in the union. Because it's so easy to do that. Free, even!

In fact, it's so easy to start a magazine manufacturing company in the United States of America that NO ONE ****ING ELSE IS DOING IT RIGHT NOW.

How about this: let's ponder why no one else is all willy nilly making a new manufacturing operation in the Grand States of Texas and New Hampshire. I mean- if I demand that Magpul move their whole operation to one of these states, it must mean that it's like, basically free of cost to do so, right?

I mean, it's SO ****ING EASY to start a company, I myself WON'T EVEN DO IT FROM MY ****ING COUCH.

**** NES.

how many people work at the plastic manufacturers in the state that feed Magpul?

Probably none. Glass filled nylon is made by suppliers in a lot of different states. Dupont makes a lot of it.

I understand that Magpul is privately owned with only 2 equity owners. I don't know anything about these guys, but perhaps it's a ploy and they really plan to "cash out" (sell to some white knight who would be interested in keeping everything in CO) and call it a day.

Probably none. Glass filled nylon is made by suppliers in a lot of different states. Dupont makes a lot of it.

so let's assume zero, like you said (you might be right)

Now since no one makes it in CO, wouldn't you have to ship it in?

Who is going to do that? Think about it.... a supply chain. That operates in Colorado? You would hope so. And that means that they probably employ people in CO and at the very least pay the state taxes.

Oh snap.

Back
Top Bottom